Busch Gardens Tampa: New ride watch

I'd rather visit BGT for this than Sea World Orlando for Mako. I'm a little biased though since BGT is my favorite park and my kids aren't tall enough for bigger rides yet.

And this is why Mako is the wrong choice for Sea World.  As I said in that forum Mako is the wrong coaster for the Orlando Market and for potentially drawing guests away from either Universal or Disney.  The majority of which are families with children who may not be tall enough to ride Mako but Cobra's Curse is in their wheelhouse.  Now the question is will they want to make the drive down to Tampa?

• Like 4

I'd rather visit BGT for this than Sea World Orlando for Mako. I'm a little biased though since BGT is my favorite park and my kids aren't tall enough for bigger rides yet.

And this is why Mako is the wrong choice for Sea World.  As I said in that forum Mako is the wrong coaster for the Orlando Market and for potentially drawing guests away from either Universal or Disney.  The majority of which are families with children who may not be tall enough to ride Mako but Cobra's Curse is in their wheelhouse.  Now the question is will they want to make the drive down to Tampa?

I disagree. Even if they put in a family coaster and ride there might be a bigger amount of people that could ride it, but it will get compared to everything Disney and Universal offer and Sea World will pull up short still. Mako gives Sea World something that no other park in the area offers. I think we're a bit biased and not as enthused by the announcement since we have a lot of similar coasters around us. But for Florida there really isn't anything like Mako nearby. So for crowds wanting a big, tall, fast coaster Sea World will be the place for it. For a fmily coaster they can go toDisney or Universal and be able to ride a multitude o other family rids as well and not jstu the one.

• Like 9

With such a large base of people and the fact that the large Coasters at BGT and other parks are very popular it as always amazed me that Florida does not have a Thrill park. 

I understand the need to lure families and international tourists but it seems (to me with my limited knowledge) that a Cedar Point or NJFTP would do well in the state. 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Some feel the park has enough Coasters as it is and should start focusing on other ideas, Dark Rides in particular,

That's because they do, IMO of course :P

The queue concept art reminded me of Jaguars in some ways. I probably won't ride this because of what it does...I won't even ride Sierra Sidewinder at Knotts. I have pretty much made up my mind to return to Florida in September (when it's not as humid) of next year. 2 or 3 days at SeaWorld and 1 at Busch Gardens is what I am going to shoot for.

• Like 2

Was at the Ocala Drive In watching Jurassic World and San Andreas.

We went to the one in KY during the months it was open. This one is open year round so now we can completely avoid the sit down places. I don't need 3D gimmicks and Surround Sound to enjoy a movie.

• Like 2

I'm excited for the ride, but it's at least a little disappointing that the naming conventions of Busch Gardens have taken another hit. The names of their attractions had gotten into a nice rhythm.

Kumba.

Montu.

Gwazi.

Jungala.

Katonga.

SheiKra.

Then we started hearing that Cheetaka would be next. And at the last minute, we get... Cheetah Hunt. Huh?

And now, Cobra's Curse. Would it've been so bad to name it Cobrata?

GYK, who noticed and appreciated Busch Gardens' consistency and uniformity in this sort of thing.

• Like 8

• 3 months later...

I am proud of the presence Cincy has in the amusement design/manufacturing industry.

Clermont Steel Fabricators, Gravity Group, and another I recently learned about called Magna Machine. If you hunt through their website you will find some familiar things, including steel plates that look suspiciously like the ones at the ends of B&M track.

http://www.magna-machine.com

• Like 5

• 4 months later...

http://www.tbo.com/events-tampa-bay/live-snake-exhibit-to-highlight-cobras-curse-at-busch-gardens-20160217/

An interesting update on Cobra's Curse: The queue line will feature a live snake exhibit!

Such a cool idea, people will have something to look at while they wait in line. I'm very excited to ride this coaster someday!

• Like 1