Busch Gardens Tampa: New ride watch

And Montu once had alligators.

Pardon me if I don't get excited.

And I'm doubting it lasts...

Why, though?

Cheetah Hunt was built in conjunction with a new and expanded cheetah habitat.

Mako is intentionally absorbing the Shark Encounter walkthrough into its plaza.

A brand new aquarium with a hundred rays serves as the queue for Manta.

The queue for Kraken contains the park's moray eels.

A completely rebuilt and redesigned Penguin Encounter serves as the finale and post-show of Empire of the Penguin. 

In the same way, the queue for Cobra's Curse will double as a snake exhibit. Like Manta, I would expect that there will even be a separate path through it for non-riders. 

Seems like this is their new "thing:" a compelling thrill ride with a refreshed animal exhibit component serving as a compliment or even component of the attraction – the "edutainment" before or after the ride. Yes, the crocodiles beneath Montu's station were relocated elsewhere in the park. But what would indicate that the snake animal exhibit component of Cobra's Curse is any different from the cheetahs, sharks, rays, eels, or penguins that have all been nicely integrated into attraction pre- and post-shows?

• Like 7

Yes, the crocodiles beneath Montu's station were relocated elsewhere in the park. But what would indicate that the snake animal exhibit component of Cobra's Curse is any different from the cheetahs, sharks, rays, eels, or penguins that have all been nicely integrated into attraction pre- and post-shows?

I've heard that the only reason the crocodiles were relocated was because they grew too big for that area. Otherwise they would likely still be there.

• Like 3

That's what I've heard, too. Doesn't really matter if it's right in Montu's case or not, it still wouldn't be a satisfying reason in my mind to vehemently doubt that snakes will stick around. Sounds to me that, like Manta or Cheetah Hunt or Empire of the Penguin, they're plugging this as an integral part of the experience; their new version of an "interactive queue"; an animal exhibit paired with the ride. Unless the Interpreter knows more than we do, I don't see why we would think this experience won't last. 

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I received an email that the passholders ERT was being moved from weekends in June to weekends in July. I knew it would be open by the time I was planning on returning but was a bit dissapointed that it wasn't open for this unexpected visit.

The parts I saw from the train ride looked great in March so I'm looking forward to my next visit when I can get away and ride.

• Like 3