Souvenir cup questions

Kat

I have a platinum pass and overheard someone today say you can buy the cup online for $10.99 vs paying $14.99 in the park. Does anyone know if this is true or not? If so, how does it work? I looked on the website but didn't see anything. I would like to buy one tomorrow, but if I can get it cheaper online, I would like to.

I hope the redemption process goes easier for you than it did for my family the one time we tried it. Took 30 minutes and a trip to Guest Services to work it all out.

After all that we noticed that the cups were the same price (at the park) for pass holders that we paid online.

• Like 5

I hope the redemption process goes easier for you than it did for my family the one time we tried it. Took 30 minutes and a trip to Guest Services to work it all out.

After all that we noticed that the cups were the same price (at the park) for pass holders that we paid online.

This kind of scares me lol My mom bought me one of the cups online lol

This kind of scares me lol My mom bought me one of the cups online lol

Well, to be fair, our issue was caused by an Employee that had no clue at all what they were doing. They messed up the scanning process. Surely by now the park has worked on ensuring all the food service employees are on the same page.

Surely.

• Like 1

The food stands, many of them, were open for the Season Pass Preview.

Today wasn't their first day.

I actually got told I could NOT have a credit card receipt as I had not purchased $25. This, by the way, is of dubious legality. I asked a supervisor. Who confirmed it.

I'm inclined to call my bank and lodge a complaint Monday.

• Like 8

They did not print one. They had first tried to charge me $15.69 for two slices of pizza and a 20 ounce soda. Both the supervisor and the employee were at first insistent that WAS the price. It is not.

And no receipts were tossed.

I don't think you understand how closely I watched this transaction, or how incredulous I was. Guest Relations called the Foods Supervisor. He said...the exact same thing.

• Like 3

I do understand, and agree that it makes absolutely no sense. No business has ever done that in my presence before, and I prefer using the card (both for convenience and cash back; don't worry, it's paid in full every month).

That might be the price with breadsticks but it's a bit high for just the slices and drink. *sigh* No dining plan for you?

I'm hoping the food service issues will be resolved soon. Food lines were moving slow, and most seemed to act like they had no training in how to do their job. I had to explain to the cashier at the Chicken Shack on how to process my Dining Plan and I don't even work there. I hope it's just opening day jitters and things will be improving soon.

• Like 8

I don't recommend redeeming at Coney Mall Skyline. The people working there this morning made tortoises look speedy. Quite sad, actually.

it was just as bad at International Street. The employees working the cash registers had no prior training or not enough. I felt bad for the trainee, who was turning red in the face in embarrassment, from all the complaints directed at him. Kings Island set their own employees up for failure..
  • Like 5

Hopefully it was just "opening day rust/new hires getting their footing". I was walking through the park Sat. morning by The Beast entrance around 10-10:30 and a group of new hires (must have been close to 100 of them) were touring the park. It will surely get better form here (maybe not today but soon enough). As for the credit card receipt issue---that bothers me---sometimes I want it and sometimes I don't but I think it should always be offered.

Later,

Mark

• Like 5

MarkB. I think I got caught up in that same tour, only it was near the front of Coney Mall by that point (around 11). I was a little surprised by it, because it seemed like they should all be working already for the day by that time, weren't they needed?

It has to be hard for the new hires, especially in food service. Many are probably in their first jobs, food service is already a hard thing to work in, hungry people are often not in very good moods to begin with, and it felt like a lot of them were thrown to the wolves this weekend without enough prior training, or enough supervision to help them learn on the job. I hope they start to iron things out and it becomes easier on the employees (and guests of course) as the season moves on.

• Like 3

Wow. I didn't expect so many responses. I had no issues redeeming my cup pass at Chicken Shack yesterday, though the lady at the register didn't activate it, which did cause a minor issue later at Ice Scream Zone. The young lady working scanned my cup for a refill and asked if I had bought it today, because it wasn't activated. I told her yes, and offered to show her the proof of purchase. She nicely told me I didn't need to, proceeded to activate my cup, and gave me my free refill :) I had suspected the lady at Chicken Shack hadn't activated it because I didn't see her scan my cup, but I never had issues refilling it at the freestyle stand in Coney, so I wondered if it had been activated and I just didn't notice.

• Like 1