Souvenir cup questions

Kat

Perhaps the employee or supervisor did not correctly understand.  

You do not have to sign for anything under $25.  

Also, a receipt is automatically printed for any purchase, no matter the sale price.  

They are not able to print a copy or extra receipt nor are they able to force the machine to print a receipt to sign.  

I suspect they thought you wanted an extra receipt or thought you wanted to sign for the purchase, they did not communicate well.  

He also noted that one was indeed not printed out and simply tossed.  A supervisor even explicitly stated that there are no receipts under $25.  The communication may have come down from above.

What kind of POS system has no method for receipt reprint, anyway?

• Like 1

He also noted that one was indeed not printed out and simply tossed.  A supervisor even explicitly stated that there are no receipts under $25.  The communication may have come down from above.

What kind of POS system has no method for receipt reprint, anyway?

The set up for their POS does not allow for a copy receipt.  I don't know why either, but when I asked for a copy of a receipt for a big ticket item, they were not allowed to print a second one out.  

Did anyone figure out yet if those mysterious, un-marketed drink wristbands were available for sale again this year?

Sorry...I may have missed it. Did this get answered? I certainly hope so!

Per Guest Relations this morning, the answer is no. They are not (no longer?) available to the public, only on group sales orders.

• Like 1

One thing that drives me bonkers is they won't include/eat the tax, and just make refills $1 even.  I already bought their overpriced cup that I'll probably forget and ruin in the dishwasher so I have to buy another, and soft drinks for them are beyond cheap to sell.  The $0.06 extra means I have metal change in my pocket all day long, and it's really super-annoying.  Just one of those little, very minor things, that I would be thrilled to death if they would 'fix' it.  :-)

• Like 2

I sense a lag in souvenir cup movement may be directly related to the "no loose article" movement. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction. 

This does directly affect my choice to purchase a souvenir cup... A park with 4-5 rides where I'm going to have to pay for a locker??? No thanks, I'd spend more on lockers than I'd save on the drinks...

• Like 4

What is the basic widget in the analysis of "hitting the number" in the amusement park industry? Is the performance portfolio revenue measured in dollar share vs. the competitive market? If so, where do Souvenir Cups fit in? Is there a category manager feeling the heat for lagging cup sales, and does she have the latitude to suggest, or apply 'trade spending' to installing bins at non-bin coasters? This is all really fascinating to me, really.

• Like 1

And meal plans? If meal plans convert guests who would have spent $1200 on food in the park into guests who spend, including drinks, only $235 but consume four times more food, visit the park three times more often but spend less while taking up ride and show capacity that could have been used by high paying single day ticket buyers, how on earth is that a good thing for Cedar Fair?

• Like 1

On the flip side, some passholders (including me :)) will buy, or have bought, dining plans and will eat in the park, purchasing drinks along the way, instead of spending zero in the park and eating at nearby restaurants for less. This is a plus for Cedar Fair.

The question then becomes, is the money gained from people that do this greater than the money lost from people who would have eaten in the park regardless?

• Like 3