Your Woodstock Gliders Experience

TheBEASTunchained

Another Opening Day at Kings Island is now in the books!

With that, and Season Pass Preview Night on Friday, some of us got to ride the new Woodstock Gliders flying scooter ride in Planet Snoopy.

How was your first ride on Woodstock Gliders? Was it what you were expecting? Which seat was best?

I thought this would be a useful place to discuss our experiences on Woodstock Gliders and any other thoughts we may have on the ride!

Feel free to also share photos / videos of the ride here as well !

• Like 8

Which seat was best? :)

I was pleasantly surprised. I had planned on more or less avoiding the ride until the excitement died down and it was a day when the park was fairly empty. Then they mentioned the first rider ts, and I decided to go.

I may have posted about this in another thread, but I've gotten so used to rides where about the only control you have over your experience is where you choose to sit. Being able to control the glider was more of a thrill than I imagined it would be. I got a good rhythm going, and was swooping and soaring, and having an excellent time. I look forward to being able to ride it again, it may be my first stop during ERT more often than not this summer.

Not a photo of the ride itself but of me in my first ever First Rider t-shirt. I can pretend I rode Space Buggies too I guess. d78e6e557e4d88cd2a9827b76b02dfe3.jpg

• Like 13

I kind of feel like the first rider shirts for those two new rides should have only gone to little kids.

No I'm not knocking anyone that got them I just think they park should have only done kids sizes considering its in Planet Snoopy.

• Like 9

You know, even though I got one, and I think it's cool to have a First Rider T, ultimately I agree with you. I think it would have been good to make it a kids only giveaway too, to make it even more special for the new kids to make a connection with the park.

I didn't examine things too closely, but I saw navy t-shirts over there too, so I think the kids ones were different than the adult ones, at least.

• Like 8

I loved the ride as did my little one being able to control the ride. My daughter hit the 46 inch mark this year (half inch below 48, so hoping for Beast by end of year!), so she got 3 new rides, the flying gliders, the Space Buggies, and Congo Falls (WWC not open yet), and when asked which ride was her favorite new ride... Congo Falls.

• Like 7

Well I won't get a chance to experience Woodstock Gliders any time soon,but I did come across this tutorial of how to work your glider. Every time I rode one of these I couldn't get mine to go high and now I get it!! Can't wait to ride it this summer!

• Like 15

Never a huge flyers fan although always enjoyed them. However, my ride yesterday morning made me appreciate having them back-even though I am not a snapper, thoroughly enjoyable, relaxing ride experience and plan many more rides on them in the years to come.

• Like 7

It was my first ever ride on this type of ride, despite having been at the park with the old set. I love love loved it! I did get a first rider shirt, and it seemed like there were more than 1000 shirts. When I got there, the only sizes left were everything in kids, small, and medium. I came back for a second ride later on, and got to talk to some really nice people from ACE, that gave me a card for their new-ish website and Facebook page (website isn't technically up yet) for the Flyers. It was a great experience, and hopefully after a couple hundred cycles they'll loosen up and snap for us. I'm definitely gonna try to ride it every visit from now on!

• Like 3

Congo Falls (WWC not open yet)

I rode White Water Canyon both Friday and Saturday. The water was cold, and the tower operator was spot-on with the geysers.

Must have been because it was the very first ride we went to, it had the dreaded garbage can of denial in the entry way. Must of still been getting everything setup at that point because we got there at opening.

• Like 2

My kids had a blast on the Gliders. They liked the fact they could control the Gliders and getting a tshirt was an extra bonus. They said it was their new favorite ride at the park and proceeded to get back into line to ride it again.

• Like 8

Fly your bird to its zenith, then swoop straight down toward the center so rapidly there is slack in the cables. When the slack extends, the cables snap.

A high speed set of birds with sufficient rotations is necessary... on the older sets, like Carowinds', kids can and do do it unintentionally.

Being lightweight definitely helps.

• Like 8

6-7 minute dispatch time?

Okay, correct me if I'm wrong.

Let's assume 6 minutes.

That's 60 (minutes/hr) / 6 (minutes/cycle) = 10 (cycles/hr).

Say you fill up an average of 10 (riders/cycle), so a couple have two riders.

10 (riders/cycle) * 10 (cycles/hr) = 100 (riders/hr)

Ouch. That can't be, can it?

Then again, pairing everyone up and hitting 3 minute cycles would be 60 / 3 * 16 = 320 (riders/hr). Ouch.

• Like 1

I still have yet to be on a flying eagles ride (GASP), not even Lake Erie Eagles. I will definitely ride LEE in May and if I like them, which I'm sure I will, I'll have to ride Woodstock Gliders whenever I make it to KI this summer too! I think I just haven't been on them since spinny rides usually don't get along with me too well, but these don't seem too bad.

• Like 1

I think I just haven't been on them since spinny rides usually don't get along with me too well, but these don't seem too bad.

You may be okay. I don't handle spinning rides well but can easily handle Woodstock Gliders/LEE and Surf Dog/Pipe Scream. It's a very different sensation because of the speed.