Your Woodstock Gliders Experience

TheBEASTunchained

After beating up the "old" set at Carowinds a couple weeks ago, these are not nearly the same. That said, with practice, and preferably about 30 more seconds on the ride cycle, I think these could be fun. I did manage a couple of what I'd call mini-snaps, enough to make me want to continue the hunt, B)

• Like 8

Idk.... I think the location is wrong for such a low capacity ride and is a slight mistake. The ride line was long even when the fliers were hidden at the back of the park, now in a high profile location the lines will always be long...then add the extra time for allowing 8 or more Fastlaners to jump to the front...I just don't know. Plus, those ADA sized lines can hold hundreds of more small ones who take up less space than adults.

• Like 5

Idk.... I think the location is wrong for such a low capacity ride and is a slight mistake. The ride line was long even when the fliers were hidden at the back of the park, now in a high profile location the lines will always be long...then add the extra time for allowing 8 or more Fastlaners to jump to the front...I just don't know. Plus, those ADA sized lines can hold hundreds of more small ones who take up less space than adults.

I thought the exact same thing while walking around them. Not a very good location for them at all.

• Like 3

I thought the exact same thing while walking around them. Not a very good location for them at all.

I am not buying a different location would be better idea. Did you see the line for Shake Rattle & Roll? Is is by where the old flyers used to be and they had a nice almost full queue as well opening day. They are the new item this year, and they were giving away free shirts to ride them. Give it a little bit of time for the newness to wear off!

• Like 6

I am not buying a different location would be better idea. Did you see the line for Shake Rattle & Roll? Is is by where the old flyers used to be and they had a nice almost full queue as well opening day. They are the new item this year, and they were giving away free shirts to ride them. Give it a little bit of time for the newness to wear off!

Agreed. Give it about 3-5 months and Im sure there will be days when the ride is a near walk on.

Heck I remember days last summer when Banshee, Diamondback , and Beast were all walk on rides.

• Like 8

Theoretically, wouldnt the news ones become easier to snap as they get some age on them? Bolts loosen up, the wings loosen up, etc?

I don't know, how much do you expect the bolts to loosen? How tight are the torque tolerances on them? If they let things get too loose they risk destruction.

• Like 4

Theoretically, wouldnt the news ones become easier to snap as they get some age on them? Bolts loosen up, the wings loosen up, etc?

I don't know, how much do you expect the bolts to loosen? How tight are the torque tolerances on them? If they let things get too loose they risk destruction.

Well I obviously dont mean loosen to the state of dangerous. With everything there is a "breaking in point" where grease works its way into crevices and parts begin to work the way they are intended. Similar when you hang a new door. Its stiff, doesnt swing as easily, etc. Over time, the door loosens up and begins to swing freely.

I imagine the wing will loosen up and allow for quicker transitions. As the ride begins to loosen up the wires may allow higher swings, etc.

Agreed. Give it about 3-5 months and Im sure there will be days when the ride is a near walk on.

Heck I remember days last summer when Banshee, Diamondback , and Beast were all walk on rides.

3 to 5 months? How about 3 to 5 days? There's a half-day this Friday and a full day Sunday with cool temperatures in the forecast, and Saturday has even colder temperatures (high in the low 50s) with a chance of showers. I'm betting that the park is going to be dead all three of those days.

I will be on snapping duty on another set of Scooters a bit south of here on Saturday. I can Hartly believe all of these parks are opening up for the season again!

And to Terp, I will be sure to report on here my findings regarding how many subjects I estimate to be present in the Kingdom.

• Like 8

He was very obnoxious!  lol.  I watched this video a couple days ago,  wanting to see our Flying Eagles again and didn't watch all the way to the end of the video because of him.  Now that I did watch till the end,  that was some crazy snapping!  I'm glad we have our new Woodstock Gliders,  but still miss the Eagles. 

• Like 3

1: I dont think he was that annoying, I think he was sort of entertaining and having fun with the riders.  Probably not used to having a ride full of snappers.  Then again, many things when you watch them a few times can become annoying.

2: HE probably knew it could snap and was having good natured fun with the group...

• Like 3