Your Woodstock Gliders Experience

TheBEASTunchained

Thanks for posting that video of the old Flying Eagles!

Wow, that brings back alot of memories of that day...so happy to see I was actually one of the people interviewed in it. Watching that video makes me realize, no matter how happy I am with our new flyers, how amazingly out of control and fun the Eagles really were. Absolutely cannot wait until my trip out to Charlotte later this summer...might just take a whole day to exclusively ride them and nothing else!

• Like 4

Someone else was snapping them during the ERT this evening. One of the ride ops even joked about "testing the limits" of the ride and "we thought we'd tested everything". Definitely fun to watch and experience, but doing it during a normal ride cycle with non-enthusiasts might scare people.

• Like 6

Was Ryan the guy in the red shirt that snapped them really good and everyone was cheering for him? And he posts here? He's very good at it!!! It was great riding them with hardly any wait at all! I have some practicing to do! :)

Yes, that was Ryan, KIC Media Director, and master-glider-snapper. Did you see the last ride before the park closed? 7 KIC members and quite a few were snapping....fun time!

• Like 4

I have rode them more than probably most people. I have never heard a complaint about snapping from anyone. In fact, people ask how to snap even with younger children. One of the last rides last night a mom and her daughter were on with us and they obviously loved the snapping even though they weren't doing it. I do try to be mindful if there are parents on with smaller children or young children because i don't want to scare them - however manufacturer guidelines and the park say it's ok.

I have to give props to the crew. They really are a wonderful group. Miss seeing Jesse over there. I suppose he's back at Banshee.

• Like 6

I rode Woodstock Gliders over and over for about an hour last night during the ERT. I think I did get one small snap but outside of that I couldn't get it. I also got to see Ryan freak the ride ops out because they never saw someone snap them that good before. 

I really enjoyed the ride and I can't wait to go back and ride them again.

• Like 5

Was Ryan the guy in the red shirt that snapped them really good and everyone was cheering for him? And he posts here? He's very good at it!!! It was great riding them with hardly any wait at all! I have some practicing to do! :)

Yes, that was Ryan, KIC Media Director, and master-glider-snapper. Did you see the last ride before the park closed? 7 KIC members and quite a few were snapping....fun time!

I stayed at the Gliders till about 9:45. Then walked around some more and took my last video of Coasterstock near Diamondback splashing down. Yes it was great, everyone was chanting for Ryan to stay on! I was on the opposite side of the entrance taking a video of the ERT and I caught a few people snapping before I left Woodstock Gliders.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Last night I watched one of the regular ride ops snap for the first time. He was so excited. It was one of the coolest things I have seen so far this season. He said he's been watching and finally it clicked.

Kind of cross threading, line jumping in Woodstock Gliders lines is truly ridiculous. Ride ops if they witness it do tell people they must go to the end of the line. Last night people kept sneaking in after the line closed for the night and each was told they could not ride. While I know there are a lot of complaints about various things, they are acted upon if seen. The park does enforce things, it's honestly a matter of the circumstances.

• Like 4

I'm hearing that snapping is no longer allowed on Woodstock's Gliders. Can anyone confirm or deny?

The only thing I have seen in reference to it not being allowed is the little sign inside the seat that say's no sudden turns. Other than that though, I haven't heard anyone be told not to do anything extreme that might cause a snap.

• 2 weeks later...

Rode for the first time yesterday morning with my 15-year-old daughter in the same glider.  Never ridden one of these before, but I told my daughter, "I want to control the handle thingy".  She'd never ridden either, but being in Planet Snoopy with an apparently too-ultra-cool teenager I got a, "Pffft, okay dad" response.  Anyhoo, we both really liked it!  I was able to get it whipping up and around pretty good, much to ultra-cool daughters surprise.  My wife watching off-ride even made her fingers into an "L"---to symbolize "loser"---as we were going around.  Apparently I was the only one taking the ride to its limits...lol.

Being as it is in Planet Snoopy, and cannot handle a large quantity of riders, I probably will only ride again if and when I see a really small line.  However, I really enjoyed it, and would be more than happy to do it again when the opportunity comes.

• Like 3