Invertigo

Kat

I did a search but didn't see any topics on it yet. It's obvious Invertigo is down and will be for quite some time, but does anyone know why? I didn't bother venturing down to the barricades they had just past the restrooms yesterday. I did notice a cable hanging down from it both Friday night and yesterday, and am assuming that's why it's down, but don't know for sure. Anyone hear anything?

• Like 1

After working in a factory the more machines we got the more I seen breakdowns, minor and major.

After owning several vehicles I noticed from time to time you have to change parts out and I also noticed they too would have minor and major breakdowns.

Heck even your everyday peddle bike needs it chain changed once in a great moon.

Just remember that a coaster has mechanical aspects that from time to time will break down or parts need to be changed out.

Just saying.

• Like 7

After working in a factory the more machines we got the more I seen breakdowns, minor and major.

After owning several vehicles I noticed from time to time you have to change parts out and I also noticed they too would have minor and major breakdowns.

Heck even your everyday peddle bike needs it chain changed once in a great moon.

Just remember that a coaster has mechanical aspects that from time to time will break down or parts need to be changed out.

Just saying.

Invertigo has more down time then any of the coasters at Kings Island anymore.

• Like 1

I took a random photo of Invertigo while in line for processing. Didn't realize it until a few minutes ago. I think this could be the cable that everyone is talking about.d9f27fb3bee4adbeae05a3086a962efd.jpg

yes that is the cable hanging from the first hill

• Like 1

Well if the cable broke during any sort of testing thats better than if there were people riding it.

I feel like this coaster, even for its age, is one of the more mechanically complicated rides in the park and therefore makes it more prone to down time. Then again, it is also a Vekoma. I used to be a fan of them and I still respect their vision they once seemed to have.

I hope they get it back up and running this year. I am probably one of the few who likes this coaster.

• Like 7

Just saying.

Invertigo has more down time then any of the coasters at Kings Island anymore.

Firehawk would like to disagree.

Also, compared to other similar models (both inverted Boomerangs and the Giant Inverted Boomerangs), ours has had the least amount of downtime.

• Like 7