Invertigo

Kat

I would like to know your source on annual maintenance because usually they don't have a hug crane near the lift hill in the offseason like they have today.

It's possible, really. Maybe during preseason inspections it was noticed that a certain repair was needed and it took this long to get the required part(s), and a crane is required installation.

I really don't know, just conjecture.

• Like 5

Invertigo does not need to be removed for the KI Giga. Kings Island has only used just over half of the land they owned for the park, so I think they will be able to expand for at least 30+ years. The only ride that MAY be removed for it could be Adventure Express, though it would be unlikely. 

• Like 2

I don't see Adventure Express going anywhere anytime soon, unless its ridership is excessively low.  It's a reliable Arrow mine ride that's not too scary and overall a blast.

Gemini probably won't be going anywhere anytime soon, and I enjoy it a lot less than AE.

• Like 4

The only Vekoma Boomerang I enjoyed was Carolina Cobra. Firehawk is a ride that I have to be in the mood for.

Mind Eraser at Six Flags America, a Vekoma SLC? One of the most painful coasters I've ever been on. No lie.

The only enjoyable Vekoma I've ever ridden was Rock N' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Vekoma is not my favorite manufacturer, so I don't tend to ride them all that often. I would hate to see them get rid of Invertigo.

Can't picture the entrance to Kings Island without it.

• Like 3

I haven't been to a lot of parks, and I've heard a lot of Vekomas and their uncomfortable nature, but of the ones I've ridden, I haven't found a reason to necessarily hate them.  I like Invertigo's intensity every once in a while and it doesn't bang around too much.  I've even had some pain free rides on it.  I'm a fan of Firehawk as well.  I dig the flying concept, I like its unique feeling of the riding position and its combination of elements, especially the first overbank element, the loop on your back, and the double roll. 

I've learned through my park visits not to judge a company too much by individual rides.  Each designer has their share gems and duds. 

• Like 10

I, too, would be sad to see Invertigo leave.  Because for me, it has always been the "welcoming coaster" that's there in view when you walk in the front gate.

However, this thread has also made me realize that I really couldn't marathon Invertigo even if I wanted to.  I remember riding it two times in a row with my friends a couple years back and remember me being nauseous when I came off.  Today I can still ride it once without getting sick, but not twice.  It's really disorienting for me.

I think all the installations at Disney parks by Vekoma have been phenomenal, but that is probably due to Vekoma being guided very closely by Disney Imagineers.  

Firehawk for me is still a great ride (I am a big fan of flying coasters), but nothing compares to B&M flyers.  My all-time favorite flying coaster is Manta in SeaWorld Orlando.

• Like 9

The only Vekoma Boomerang I enjoyed was Carolina Cobra. Firehawk is a ride that I have to be in the mood for.

Mind Eraser at Six Flags America, a Vekoma SLC? One of the most painful coasters I've ever been on. No lie.

The only enjoyable Vekoma I've ever ridden was Rock N' Roller Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Vekoma is not my favorite manufacturer, so I don't tend to ride them all that often. I would hate to see them get rid of Invertigo.

Can't picture the entrance to Kings Island without it.

I was surprised to find myself really enjoying Carolina Cobra.

• Like 1

My all-time favorite flying coaster is Manta in SeaWorld Orlando.

I LOVE that Coaster. The forces in the Pretzel Loop are awesome. Got two rides in last Sunday. Was ready for more but by the time I walked around the park, the storms rolled in and the place ground to a halt.

As for Firehawk, it is one of the few Coasters that I do not enjoy.

• Like 1

Ouch. While Invertigo is my least favorite current KI "Adult" coaster, I don't hate it (will ride it if the line is shorter than 30mins and it has the strongest G-Forces in the entire park's coaster lineup at 5G's) and it does kinda suck that it won't be running for those who do love it. Though I'm not too surprised, given the Invertigo model line's history, that it's the ride that's down for a major part of the season. I have seen it broken down for entire days before too- and I have only visited KI 8 times in the past 6 seasons. It hasn't been the most reliable of rides...

Invertigo, of all the coasters at KI, is the one that I would be least unhappy to see leave. That said, I do enjoy riding it once in a while. It's one of the least bad Vekoma inverts I've ridden...

If Invertigo were to go, my only wish is that something with a spectacular appearance go in its location. Invertigo is one of the most noticeable parts of the KI skyline, and at least visually, KI would be missing something if it left.

• Like 5

Heading to the park this Sunday with the family. Is Invertigo still down? They've never ridden it, and despite the usual wait/ridetime ration, I think it's something a coaster lover should ride at least once.

Anything else not running?