Snoopy's Barnyard Freinds petting zoo?

Butlerbros

On a whim, I purchased season passes for myself and my three boys (7, 6, & 4) on opening day.

My six year old has a host of developmental delays coupled with several sensory processing disorders. There are many attractions that, due to his complications, he is unable to enjoy with his brothers.

I was excited to see a blurb about the addition of Snoopy's Barnyard Freinds run across KI's main page. In preparation for our visit Sunday to meet the Marvel Heros, I have combed through the map of the park, but see this petting zoo NOWHERE.

Can any of you experts give me any information on this?

• Like 1

Welcome to KIC!

Anyway, I am sure someone else could explain this a lot better, but I will give you my best guess.

During the off-season it didn't seem like they were doing a lot of work in that area so I am not sure if they were planning on have it ready for Opening Day. Another factor I am thinking of is the weather. I wonder if they are waiting on the weather to be a lot warmer or something along that line.

Once again, I am sure someone here has a better explanation of it.

Edit: They may have it open this weekend and I don't think they had it open on Opening Day to my understanding.

Edit 2: Answers are below :)

• Like 1

I liked during the daytime hours during Haunt season there was an attendant by each animal. (I don't know when you went, Faeriewench, but my cousin and I went during a time where there seemed to be more shy kids than normally. You could have seen a more rambunctious crowd than we had.) they even had attendants by the empty stalls when the animal was occupied elsewhere.

If they keep that scenario, I think it would be grand. Also, the Kiddy Hallowwen fest seemed very temporary to me, at the pool like that.

I do want to see what the new set up is.

• Like 2

This reminds me of the kind of kids I saw

2eqgxol.jpg

Lots of screaming, hollering, kids running wild with germy grabby hands and quite a few of the smaller animals trying to avoid being grabbed at. I had to tell a couple myself to be gentle with the rabbits. I hope it was because I went on one of the busiest days for the fall festivities cause of the beautiful weather, it was crowded I could barely move around. Most of the attendants I actually did see were at the pony ride attraction.

• Like 4

Oh! That was a bad experience!

When I went, there was a rotation of the small animals- even Joey was on break.

There was a bunny, my cousin had just lost her pet rabbit, she was reaching in and gently petting it and talking to the attendant, who told us about rotating the animals.

Also, even though I didn't notice, there might have a good parent to kid ratio on that day. Even Dracula Snoopy got off easy. It could have been a school event, to generate that politeness.

I suspect that both the zoo and KI have to plan every day like the day you experienced, and be grateful for the days like I saw.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of petting zoos. I wouldn't want my pet in that situation, but if KI handle it right, it might help some of those hellions to learn empathy.

(Well, hopefully better than I teach empathy- you hit an animal with a stick, I do the same to you, then, like Moe Howard, ask, "How'd you like that? How'd that feel?")

• Like 4