Wooden Coaster or Giga?!

DontWantToWait42mar0

I'll go with wood. Taller isn't necessarily better. A new wood coaster could compliment Kings Island's existing selection of wood well.

or be 300"+ of Steel?(Giga)

300"? That's almost as much drop as Woodstock Express!

(Sorry.)

• Like 16

Im okay with the addition of another steel coaster, but i do not want to see another B&M coaster. Maybe a 300ft+ Mack Coaster. As much as i have a love for woodies, I think Kings Island already has a great lineup of wooden coasters. Cedar Point tho definitely needs another woodie.

• Like 1

Honestly I would pick a giga, but I just get the feeling deep down we would be getting a B&M giga since that seems to be the trend here recently within Cedar Fair. If we got an Intamin giga or another make of giga, I would honestly be shocked. But I would go with my gut and believe the idea of a B&M giga would be more likely. I wouldn't complain though. I would just want to see use of the land with an aggressive layout that takes advantage of the park's geography. Something a bit more wild and different from what I have seen in the other two B&M gigas. But I guess this all remains to be seen. Just dreaming ^_^

• Like 5

Considering Kings Island has seven adult steel coasters and just two adult wooden coasters you've got to go wooden. As great as The Beast and The Racer are it's time for a modern wooden coaster. There is so much more that they can do these days than in 1979. Yes, 1979 let that sink in... ; the park's most recent existing wooden coaster is from the Carter administration. The most recent steel coaster is from last year.

• Like 11

FACETIOUS

1 : joking or jesting often inappropriately : waggish <just being facetious>

2 : meant to be humorous or funny : not serious <a facetious remark>

I know, I just like stating the facts :)
  • Like 2

Considering Kings Island has seven adult steel coasters and just two adult wooden coasters you've got to go wooden. As great as The Beast and The Racer are it's time for a modern wooden coaster. There is so much more that they can do these days than in 1979. Yes, 1979 let that sink in... ; the park's most recent existing wooden coaster is from the Carter administration. The most recent steel coaster is from last year.

Our modern wooden coaster did not last.
  • Like 2

That's not true at all. As previously stated Jimmy Carter was in office when The Beast opened.

Speculation is fun, but there as many answers as there are members of these forums. For me? My heart says that a modern wooden coaster would be a nice addition.

• Like 2

I don't think the next addition will be a coaster either, and when we do get one I don't think it will be either of those choices.

I originally started a long rant about economics, trends, and technology then re-read the title of the thread and made my reply way shorter.

• Like 3

That's not true at all. As previously stated Jimmy Carter was in office when The Beast opened.

Speculation is fun, but there as many answers as there are members of these forums. For me? My heart says that a modern wooden coaster would be a nice addition.

So Adventure Express is not a roller coaster? And it's not wooden? OK