New 2016 coaster at SeaWorld to be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, longest.

Just looked over the list of all the coasters in Florida, and specifically Orlando, and these records should be easy to pull off, even with a smaller B&M hyper.  For Florida, SheiKra is the tallest and fastest (200 ft and 70 mph) and Cheetah Hunt is the longest (just over 4,400 ft).  

Polercoaster is not scheduled to open until 2017.

Very happy to hear this. The park needs more rides. I'm hoping it is a Hyper just for the simple fact that a Coaster without inversions would a great thing. While I love inversions, everything at the Seas parks has at least one. My stomach can only take so much, lol.

• Like 5

Umm...if these guys expect this to be the tallest and fastest coaster in Orlando in 2016, they forgot about Polercoaster. You know, the 570-foot high Intamin that is also supposed to open in 2016.

A B&M Hyper does sound cool though, and could be a great addition for SeaWorld Orlando.

Can't give Intamin all the credit for the Polercoaster, correct me if I am wrong, I assumed the tower structure would be Intamin, but the coaster itself will be S&S. We know for sure the trains will be S&S El Loco trains.

• Like 1

Screamscape supposes it'll be Mack. Sounds right. They've recently turned away from big, expensive B&Ms and turned to Zamperla and Premier. Mack manufactured their Journeys to Atlantis and the nimble launched Manta in San Diego.

The worst thing SeaWorld could do right now is to succumb to its position and decide to stop all investment altogether; to say, "SeaWorld is doomed anyway, so let's just stop trying" and let the parks fall into rubble. I've suggested that SeaWorld's best chance in my uninformed opinion is to do more of this and less of what they've been doing. Their current plan is to say, "We're a really, really, really great zoo!" Which they are. But even if SeaWorld is twice as good a zoo as your local one, it doesn't deserve $70 entry prices on that alone, and certainly doesn't deserve to steal a day of your vacation from Universal or Disney.

In my opinion, SeaWorld's best bet is to re-emphasize its strengths as a theme park with thrilling attractions, family adventures, rides, shows, and animal experiences. Yes, continue to refine and expand your commitment to animals and conservation, and expand the orca tanks. But the premise of "We're a great zoo that's worth losing a day at Walt Disney World" is not working. Bringing in some great, quality coasters and family dark rides might make them worth a day of the trip.

• Like 10

Polercoaster is not scheduled to open until 2017.

Very happy to hear this. The park needs more rides. I'm hoping it is a Hyper just for the simple fact that a Coaster without inversions would a great thing. While I love inversions, everything at the Seas parks has at least one. My stomach can only take so much, lol.

Oh. Sorry- thought it was still 2016 for some reason. D'oh. Will fix my OP.

• Like 1

If its something like Helix or Blue Fire im going to Orlando also no Seaworld or Busch Gardens park has a Zamperla or a Premier coaster so im not sure what the above poster is going for there

Tempesto at BGW is a Premier and Verbolten, also at BGW, is a Zierer.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

(Also posted in the "Red Track Spotted at Batavia Plant" thread)

Wait, is this ride using the classic 4-across trains and not the V-Shaped ones? Huh. And it's NOT a Giga but a normal hyper. Either SeaWorld just didn't want to spend extra money on the V-Trains, or perhaps an issue was found with them.

As for the coaster itself: looks like Fury 325 and Diamondback rolled into one and then shrunk down to just 200 feet (versus 230 for Diamondback and 325 for Fury 325).

(Not in said post)

Looking at the video and POV, I noticed it only uses 7 cars per train, so the train is VERY short. They may have needed it to be this short to fit the station in, in which case I see why they are using the old train style.

Looks like a good ride with lots of airtime, but I'm not expecting this to set the world on fire. Should be a solid addition for SeaWorld Orlando though.

• Like 2

Wait, is this ride using the classic 4-across trains and not the V-Shaped ones? Huh. And it's NOT a Giga but a normal hyper. Either SeaWorld just didn't want to spend extra money on the V-Trains, or perhaps an issue was found with them.

A heck of a lot of assumptions going on there...

• Like 3

The worst is seeing Twitter reactions. Many enthusiasts and fans are already calling the ride a disappointment and mediocre because it's nothing new. Really? Especially when they haven't even been on the ride!

Entitlement complex runs quite rampant in this industries enthusiasts, and really makes me sometimes despise it. 

Also, one thing to note with the annoucement with that ordeal aside. It looks like No Limits was used with the POV. That makes me quite happy

• Like 3

Agreed. Plus, this is the first B&M off hand I can think of that has a neat twist right after a MCBR. Usually they just drop straight down and then go into an element, so I'm all for it.

I've never found a B&M Hyper I haven't enjoyed. Some are better than others (see Apollo's Chariot) but generally there aren't any that I won't ride. Whoever has been designing the last few B&M's has my support, the overbanks and angles are very impressive and look great. It's like a smaller Diamondback with a few Fury 325 like turns. I'm all for it.

• Like 6