New 2016 coaster at SeaWorld to be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, longest.

No, you have misunderstood, and you're trying to spin what I said. I'm directly stating this about the people on here and other places that act offended when I say I'm not thrilled. I feel I shouldn't have had to just explain myself on that either.

• Like 6

I agree with that. Some conflict in life is healthy, and by conflict I don't mean a physical fight but differing opinions and debates.

When everybody figured out what the construction site that became Banshee was, I remember many members rolling their eyes as well because that ride type is in almost every park big enough to support one. What did we end up with? In my book we got a very refined, very reliable scream machine that both enthusiasts and the general public love.

• Like 7

Oo I love Banshee and I was happy with the announcement. I don't think this ride is bad at alive just grown bored with so many parks putting in B&M coasters. I get why they do it to so please, I don't need it explained many more times over. It doesn't have to be Intamin to make me happy either, just something else. I'm more interest in the Busch Gardens Tampa project than I am Mako at this point.

While I agree B&M is a good manufacture, I would like to see parks go for others for some variety.  Most of them have safety standards that match B&M's.  B&M isn't the be all end all of manufactures.  They don't do everything.  

• Like 6

Their US representative doesn't testify in court cases as to acceptable levels of injuries, incidents and deaths on their coasters.

Realizing this is tangential from your very valid point, does B&M even have a U.S. rep or would a park contact Walter and Claude directly?

• Like 1

They do have a US rep. She was at the Carowinds Media Day. She is the daughter of one of them, I forget which. It was comical to watch most of the media and all of the enthusiasts virtually ignore the woman.

The same thing happened when Werner Stengal was at the Son of Beast announcement. Nearly every thoosie ran to Beast for ERT. A few media types talked with Montel Williams. One poster here talked with Mr. Stengal for about 20 minutes.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Having just got home from Carowinds and reading this discussion, I ask the question.  For this type of ride vehicle (Is there a specific name for DBack, Behemoth, Fury 325, etc), the tallest HYPER in the U.S.A is 232 feet, Intimidator at Carowinds.  Carowinds has the tallest US Hyper and World's tallest Giga coaster, currently.  Why isn't Mako reaching for 250ft, 260ft or higher lift hill?  Correct me if I am wrong but is there anything between 232 and 305 in North America? That is a decent gap to fill. Is it money?  Is it space limitations?  Yeah, it will be a one of it's kind in the Orlando area, but like some have said, this is not a something some would go out of their way to ride.

Build a 255 footer and introduce some of Fury's banked turns, you would have a coaster to talk about.

Maybe this is because I'm a weenie when it comes to the big roller coasters, but I have felt like a lot of parks are just out to build the record breakers now. I know that will bring the most revenue and attention to the park, but sometimes I don't want to see my life flash before my eyes on a coaster. 

• Like 1

Realize as well that the next tallest coaster in Orlando is SEAS' very own Kraken at 149 ft, so that's a pretty big jump in height for that area.  SEAS doesn't need this to be too flashy in the stats department.  Tall things also draw the eye from far off, so it may grab the attention of many passer byes.  I remember my reaction to seeing Diamondback and Son of Beast for the first time and I was kind of in awe seeing them at those times.  Who knows?  It may have that affect on others.

Also remember SEAS has some financial issues to deal with.  They've been making major cuts through the chain and their stocks plummeted after Blackfish.   

• Like 6

Having just got home from Carowinds and reading this discussion, I ask the question.  For this type of ride vehicle (Is there a specific name for DBack, Behemoth, Fury 325, etc), the tallest HYPER in the U.S.A is 232 feet, Intimidator at Carowinds.  Carowinds has the tallest US Hyper and World's tallest Giga coaster, currently.  Why isn't Mako reaching for 250ft, 260ft or higher lift hill?  Correct me if I am wrong but is there anything between 232 and 305 in North America? That is a decent gap to fill. Is it money?  Is it space limitations?  Yeah, it will be a one of it's kind in the Orlando area, but like some have said, this is not a something some would go out of their way to ride.

Build a 255 footer and introduce some of Fury's banked turns, you would have a coaster to talk about.

Remember a lot of the GP are not enthusiasts (which are the parks targets in most cases) and do not know or care of the the existence of the other B&M hypers. The locals will have one now within reach. It's already got some people talking, and as much as I don't like coasters, I know this park been needing one and the fact they sticking to B&M is good.

• Like 4

Like it or not the main draw for these parks are families.

Putting in a one of a kind (in the area) ride is a smart move. It will draw attention regardless of how many hundreds of feet tall it is.

The theming alone will draw attention. We aren't talking about a seasonal thrill park.

• Like 6

Lots of construction going on at the park. The Coaster route is dug up and marked and lots of busted up concrete. I saw all of this from the lift of Kraken so I was unable to take pics. Some of it is visible from International Drive.

Our trip was a quickie to ride Coasters and catch a couple shows so we never made it to the Shark area so I could look around.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Took some pictures of what little there is to see of the construction without going in the air or riding Kraken.

20150621_143037.jpg

They have this very nice rendering of what the area will look like when completed stuck on the walls.

20150621_143147.jpg

Then there is this construction going on beside the Kids Area.

20150628_134933.jpg

• Like 6