Kings Island April Poll 2015

JubJester

Just wanted to make a poll and see what everybody's answers are. I am thinking about posting a poll every single month of the regular season, because I find these to be very fun to make. I know the paint question has been talked about on this site but I just wanted to add it in. Enjoy!

Edit: My choices were:

• Rivertown
  • Diamondback
  • Banshee 
  • Banshee
  • Like 4

Beast is my favorite attraction at night. But for overall area it's Coney Mall because of all the lights.

Diamondback has the coolest rains. With the staggered seating no blocked views really and the snake head and fangs at the front are cool.

Banshee has the best paint job and lighting package, though that's partly since its the newest. I really like the flickering chandeliers in the station and the eerie lighting around the tombstones. The paint is partly best just because it is fresh but I like the colors. I do like how the orange pops on The Bat so it'd be a closer contender as well.

Beast's lighting, or lack of, is nice too. Hadn't thought much of it since there really isn't lighting but the lack of a lighting package is nice. I feel if they tried to do a lot of lighting on it through the run or lots of effects it could ruin the feel. The only thing I could think of that might be cool is in the middle of the run hearing a roar and a flash of orange through the trees. Like a sensor activated light just off from the tracks that pans a quick flash of orange through the trees for a Beast "sighting".

• Like 1

My picks:

-Coney Mall. So many good lighting packages on the flat rides...though Beast is the best overall night ride IMO.

-Diamondback has the coolest/best trains. Comfortable seats, open views, and that big snake head...awesome.

-Best paintjob IMO is Vortex, with its blue track & supports and orange accents. I didn't deduct points based on how the rides CURRENT paintjobs look though- Banshee would have an unfair edge otherwise.

-Banshee does have the best lighting package at night though. Beast is awesome with basically nothing, but I didn't think that should even count, since ya know, we are rating the lighting packages and not the rides.

And those are my votes for this poll. :P

• Like 4

My favorite area when its dark: Action Zone, especially near the Banshee and Drop Tower.

The Coolest coaster trains: Its tough to decided between Diamonback and Flight of Fear, but I have to go with Flight of Fear.

Best paint job: The Banshee (for obvious reasons.)

Best Light Package: The Beast!

• Like 3