New Cedar Fair Corporate Logo

Cedar Fair has vastly modernized its corporate website from that old Flash-based map from the early Kinzel era.  It's now a so-called responsive site.  It even comes complete with a new corporate logo.

ClientLogo.png

As it turns out, the company assigned the ticker of FUN takes fun seriously.  Also, funnel cake consumption is up.

Okay, so this site is really clever and playful.  That said, could the fake stock ticker be misconstrued as misleading investors into thinking that, for instance, funnel cake sales have increased a certain amount more (or less) than they have?  It goes without saying that this poster is not a qualified legal adviser in any capacity, including but not limited as an attorney or lawyer in any United State or the District of Columbia.  He is also not an expert in investor relations, although he does hold units in Cedar Fair.

• Like 17

Hmm. It's an improvement, but I'm not speechless or overly impressed. To me, it looks a little amateurish. I'm no artist, but the shape and colors don't feel like something that an experienced graphic designer would've created. The shape doesn't feel at all purposeful or thoughtful. 

I guess I just feel like I saw this old-brushed-script-to-modern-typeface-and-logo transition happen already and it looked better.

400px-Busch_Gardens_Logo.svg.png

Screen_Shot_2015_04_28_at_7_12_21_AM.png

See how Cedar Fair's new coaster knot feels like a less well thought-out and less purposeful version of Busch Gardens' coaster tree? I don't know.

• Like 4

I'm hoping the individual park sites will also receive an update. There's nothing wrong with them now but I just feel like the current theme is stale and worn out at this point.

EDIT: If you click on the Kings Island logo from the new CF website, it shows a cartoonish picture of rides from the park and I thought it looked awesome except for the fact that Drop Tower is the one from Canada's Wonderland instead of ours. Also, the second half of Diamondback is just the first part by The Beast but smaller. It is an awesome picture but it's just one of those little technical things that bugs me :P

• Like 4

I actually kind of liked the map on the old website. It was nice to be able to see where things are without the hassle of going to Google Maps and looking up each one individually.

But the new website is pretty. The coaster animation is neat. I like the logo.

• Like 4

I love it. But I disagree with upgrading the individual park websites. As they are now, they are simple and easy to use. I'm not a fan of all-Flash websites. I like the simplicity of Cedar Fair sites. 

Holiday World upgraded their website over the offseason and I just don't like it. It's clunky and confusing. I prefer simple. Did I say I like simplicity already?

• Like 4

Hmm...something odd I noticed on the parks page. I was checking out the cool drawings they did for most of the parks, and on the Kings Dominion one, there appears to be a B&M Hyper/Giga in the background between their Drop Tower & WindSeeker and above what I assume is supposed to be Grizzly. At the same park that already has Intimidator 305...d'oh! :P

Didn't see any other giant errors though...well other than not listing Prowler as a signature ride for Worlds of Fun maybe.

Also I agree- this new web site is pretty awesome. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Had no luck posting this at BrandNew. Some sort of glitch or hick-up.  So I shall post my observations about the new Cedar Fair logo and signature below:

The esthetic conveying a happy family experiencing a well-rounded "Best Day of the Year" is absent in this logo and signature. The minimized "Entertainment Company" acerbates the flat and one dimensional message of the logo.

Cedar Fair ditches the flag elements which are present in all park logos. The i's in park names are dotted with the flying flag element. The recently rebuilt and refreshed Hotel Breakers at Cedar Point incorporated the fair flag prominently in the new approach and portico which define and set the stage for the perception of the new hospitality product.

The omission of the fair flag element may be a precursor to new park logos and signatures. It is a bit odd and suggests an oversight by the brand development team. Cedar Fair is moving to reshape the park experience to include family friendly perceptions, products, and product enhancements.

Here is how management conveys the new direction and goal of the company, "Our Goal Is to Make Each Day 'The Best Day Of The Year' For Our Guests." Management refers to the transformative capital investments to reshape the parks and propel growth for several years into the future.

Camp Snoopy areas are being expanded, refreshed, and revitalized with landscaping and theme elements. Cuisine offerings are being introduced to the parks to augment the carnival type food one expects and thus expand the on park experience. Entertainment activities such as production shows, fireworks, dance parties, ride theme improvements, mid-way and area definitions featuring sharper edges and crisp boundaries which augment festival and seasonal offerings, all work to round out the park experience and move it away from a simple and singular definition of roller-coaster thrills.

Thus it is confusing, to say the least, to introduce a new logo focused on the identity as coaster thrills. The logo seems at odds with the bigger mission and direction management is taking the parks. The pretzel look further reinforces the carnival food/atmosphere traditionally associated with regional amusement parks.

The logo communicates a sensibility devoid of emotional connection and is much too mechanical.

• Like 5

Corporate Planning & Design employs a team of graphic artists at the disposal of the parks. Unless said posting is for a lead designer, I wouldn't read too much into it. It could be a new position, a replacement for a departing employee, etc. Also, the logo may well have not been done in-house, depending on the abilities of the team.