KI 4/24 Quick Friday TR

DegenRider

So its been close to 7 years since I have been in the park. Due to some family issues I was back in town and today I decided that maybe I would make my return and try and clear my head.

I arrived at around 5PM and got my season pass and got it processed. I figured for the price I could make a few trips.

Once I got in I took in all the changes.  I decided to make a clockwise circle. I started in Action Zone and took in the sounds and sites of the hotness  that is Banshee.  I just sat and watched it cycle for a while. The line didn't look long but I decided not to ride.

I then walked over to The Bat. My home my old ride. I walked down the exit not intending to ride it but just to watch and try and clear my head. However.. the line was non existent and the cut though was open. I figured what the hell.

Grabbed a no wait front seat ride on it. Brought back a lot of memories for me.

After that I took a walk back though Coney and sat for a moment and took in the familiar sounds.

I walked all the way back took in the massiveness that is Wind Seeker. Then I figured what the hey I have never seen the dinosaur thing and I have a pass. May as well use it.

I have to say even though its a few years old and you can see the wear it was pretty neat and a long walk.

Sadly during my trip reality set back and I was told my attendance was required back at the hospice my family member was in. This however was not a quick trip as it does take some time even using the quickest route to get from Coney Mall to The front gate and out.

With that I left the park and went back to the depressing reality of watching someone you love deteriorate before your eyes. I had been at this persons bedside for a while on Friday and I needed to clear my head and try not to cry more than I already had.

I may have only road 1 ride. However the trip did bring back a flood of memories of the summers of my earlier years. The friends I met as a teenager when I worked at the park. The fun times I had during college coming during the summer.  Hopefully my next trip down is happier and see all the rest of the changes.

• Like 14

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to the park.  Amusement parks are a great way to de-stress and escape some of the harsh realities of everyday life.  Having been there myself, I am truly sorry for all that you are going through and wouldn't wish it on anyone.

• Like 8

I'm sorry. I have a very intimate knowledge of hospice and it really stinks (to state it "G" rated). The experience of watching someone you care about die is one of the hardest things to do. While the end may not change, the hospice process (at least in my single experience) provides the person and family with such great support...both during and after.

I'm glad the park provided you with some relief and time away. Thinking of you and your family during this time.

• Like 9

Thanks for your report!  I echo the others posting here,you have my sympathies.  Hospice is a wonderful organization-as a RN, I have worked with our local chapter quite a bit.  I have also had several family members utilize the service and know first hand the benefits they offer to both to the patient and the loved ones. 

If you ever want to hang out in the park, let me know.  It is a great way to escape reality for a while.

• Like 6

I'm so sorry. You have a complete right to mourn. My grandparents are getting to that age, and I don't think I'm ready for it. I'm pretty young but my grandparents had my dad late and my dad was almost 40 when he had me. We go on vacation with them and every time my dad says it may be the last. We're here for you.

• Like 2