Coasterforce interview with CF VP of planning and design, Rob Decker.

Heres the link to the interview.

They talked about Fury325, but my main attention was to what's next in line for Cedar Fairs. A point that was brought up was if we would see a RMC addition,, or wooden coasters in general. Rob stated they were "definitely looking into wooden coasters." ( possibly CP future coaster? ). Another point that was brought up was the recent trend with B&M instillations in the CF chain and if we would see another manufacture. Rob stated they are "always looking at the Technology in the manufacturing community" ( hard to believe considering B&M just now built an LIM launch, or he could mean the quality of the coaster being built in factory.) Rob did state that multiple manufactures but in bids for Fury 325. ( I can only think of 3 manufacturers that have made giga coasters, B&M, Intamin, and D. H. Morgan Manufacturing. Is there Possibly another company that currently does not have a giga instillation. IE: Vekoma, Mack, or Gerstlauer have the courage to push the 300ft threshold. ). overall it was a good interview. what are your thoughts / opinions?
  • Like 11

GCI, Mack, RMC, Chance I really don't care I just want to see some new good stuff going on that's not B&M. I don't hate B&M by any stretch of the imagination I've just grown tired of them being put in everywhere.

Why? B&M is far more technologically advance in the coaster world. They made a LSM launch coaster! Why would you want a different manufacture? It will just break down. B&M make the most comfortable rides! That rough shuffling was designed on purpose to be Diamondbacks rattler. There are no cons with B&M they never go wrong.
  • Like 1

If they are going to do that I'd like to see them go with one that stays close to the ground like Furious Baco is. That ride looks fun and mainly because it is close to the ground the whole time.

Part of the reason I'm not that big of a fan of Carowinds is the overwhelming amount of B&M coasters. They were definitely fun but I like some diversity.

• Like 2

GCI, Mack, RMC, Chance I really don't care I just want to see some new good stuff going on that's not B&M. I don't hate B&M by any stretch of the imagination I've just grown tired of them being put in everywhere.

Why? B&M is far more technologically advance in the coaster world. They made a LSM launch coaster! Why would you want a different manufacture? It will just break down. B&M make the most comfortable rides! That rough shuffling was designed on purpose to be Diamondbacks rattler. There are no cons with B&M they never go wrong.

First, don't kid yourself on Diamondback having the rattle on purpose.  Just get that notion out of your head.

Do you pay attention to other designers than B&M?  Mack is undergoing some big changes with their latest train design, seen on the likes of Blue Fire at Europa Park and Manta at Sea World in San Diego.  They've actually been taking a lot of Intamin's designs and improving on them.  I don't think it'll be long until we see a Mack hyper coaster.  Gerstlauer and Mauer Sohne have some neat ideas.  Premier Rides have a bit of potential as well.  

One thing about B&M- They don't cater to the intermediate guests. Their rides have a height requirement of 54 inches or higher for most of them.  Some people also like to ride coasters, but not the more intense ones. They do have a family inverted coaster design, but I still think there are much better options than B&M for that.  Also, B&M doesn't design wood coasters.  You need to cover demographics other than the thrill seekers at some point.

• Like 5