Kings Island Poll - May 2015

JubJester

My votes:

Best Sounding Lift

Racer. Wooden lifthills sound great in general, and when 2 woodies are going up at the same time? Epic. Plus unlike Beast it's actually located in a spot where non-riders can hear it as the train does its climb. If I were voting on most easily noticeable lifthill sound though, it would go to Firehawk- it's so oddly high pitched compared to all the others it stands out.

Best Sounding Launch

Flight of Fear, easy. BLSC doesn't really even make much noise and FOF does a whole "WHOOOOOOO...BANGBANGBANG!!!" as it launches.

Best Sounding Ride

Racer again. Wooden coasters sound awesome to me with the clattering and rumbling, and since Beast is so hidden you can't hear it off-ride much, Racer again gets the vote. The B&M's (especially Banshee) also sound great with their roaring sounds.

Update: After seeing a post about Beast's helix sounds below, I have changed my mind for #3. You can't hear it from in-park, but that roar in The Beast's Double Helix is just too awesome sounding to refuse.

• Like 6

Best Sounding Lift - Racer. Love the classic chain sound and when you have both going get double the sound.

Best Launch Sound - Flight of Fear. The enclosed tunnel really enhances the sound and makes it louder. BLSC is more of a whirring sound that isn't real loud since it's all open.

Best Sounding Ride - Beast. Can't beat the "roar" in the enclosed portions of the double helix.

• Like 4

Best sounding lift - The Bat. I love that clunky clicking sound.

Best launch sound - Flight of Fear, no question.

Best sounding ride - The Beast, I love hearing the sound, of the cry and screech, through the woods as it runs with the land. 

• Like 4