Steph's Trip Reports

Steph88

This is where I'll post my trip reports in the future.

Mini-trip report May 1st:

We went to a fair on Friday, because in the past almost 4 years of living in El Paso I have never seen one until now. Even though we have Western Playland, I was curious to see what kinds of rides they'd have.

The first thing we rode was the Crazy Mouse roller coaster. I was actually really impressed with how this traveling coaster looked. Shiny, fresh paint. No odd noises. It looked like it would be a lot of fun. However, actually riding it was a bit of a different story. The cars are designed to fit 4 to a car, two on each side sharing a restraint. But if you only have two riders you each occupy one side. The beginning of the ride was actually really fun and fairly smooth except of course for a few intense turns. Then the ride started spinning. I still have a headache and bruises from being whipped to one side of the car and then the other hitting my shoulders & arms on the sides. The hills were very bumpy while spinning. It was an interesting experience, but not something I chose to ride again.

After Crazy Mouse I had an awful headache and decided to avoid most of the spinning rides. I wish I hadn't chosen to ride it first because I'd been really looking forward to riding the Hurricane, but I just couldn't do it!

Next we rode this Ghost Pirates dark ride. It was kind of like a tiny budget version of Whacky Shack with a couple of scares and a tiny bit of theming. I liked it enough to go on it a few times.

The rest of the evening was mostly walking, visiting assorted fun houses, trying to decide if I was ready to ride Hurricane or not (which I didn't end up doing), trying to avoid overly aggressive game operators, having dinner consisting of a corn dog and a shared funnel cake with cherries, and riding the ferris wheel over and over. The ferris wheel was probably my favorite part, it was smooth and had beautiful LED lights, and of course the views in El Paso are pretty fantastic. We headed home a little after dark. It was a nice night and I'm happy to have a bunch of neat pictures.

IMG_1738_zpstsziyifq.jpgIMG_1754_zpsbpwdfirr.jpg

IMG_1733_zps9vauigst.jpgIMG_1751_zpsg8yvq9de.jpgIMG_1732_zpsrtapcv1l.jpg

• Like 11

Hurricane was my absolute favorite ride that they had at my county fair when I was a kid, a ride they have not had, as I remember, for the last 20 or so years (old age is rough some times.)

I finally seen one at a race i was in last summer at a fair in Kentucky, And couldn't leave my pit long enough to ride it.

It was a disappointing night all the way around. If you can take spinning rides, and get a chance, it's a great ride.

• Like 2

Hurricane was my absolute favorite ride that they had at my county fair when I was a kid, a ride they have not had, as I remember, for the last 20 or so years (old age is rough some times.)

Is that the one with the boats?

I can't figure out how to post a picture of it to save my life. Sorry.

Google Hurricane amusement park ride , I found a few pictures.

• Like 3

^ This should still apply: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26752-tutorial-how-to-upload-photos/

If you are using the Tapatalk app on a mobile device, a photo hosting service is included.

Ahh, I see. it dosen't look complicated, but sometimes I'm lucky to turn my computer on. :P

As for mobile, I've owned one, old flip style cell phone in my life. Lost it on Firehawk.

Possibly one of the best days of my life.

• Like 3

^ This should still apply: http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php?/topic/26752-tutorial-how-to-upload-photos/

If you are using the Tapatalk app on a mobile device, a photo hosting service is included.

Ahh, I see. it dosen't look complicated, but sometimes I'm lucky to turn my computer on. :P

As for mobile, I've owned one, old flip style cell phone in my life. Lost it on Firehawk.

Possibly one of the best days of my life.

I cannot imagine life without a cell phone these days. How do you do it? :P

• Like 3

My phone's the first thing I grab in the morning too. To shut off the alarm. :P

I'm not much of a phone oriented person either. My iPhone is made from two old broken iPhone 4's. Frankenphone! If I didn't live 1500 miles away from family I probably wouldn't use it that much. But it's nice to have it to text my parents and my grandpa.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

We caught a rare break from the summer heat & crowds Friday, due to some thunderstorms rolling in. I figured it'd be the perfect time to head out to Western Playland, as I haven't been since opening day on February 28th. I'm pretty much a recluse in the summer, it's work & home every day, so I was excited to get out and have some fun.

The sky looked really ominous as we were making the 45 minute drive to the park. We're in El Paso, and it's in Sunland Park, New Mexico. I figured we were going to get rained out but we might get a few good rides in. They don't have season passes because nearly all their visitors are locals. We are not exactly a vacation destination out here! :P But weeknight admission is super cheap, I think it was 17 dollars a person. Military gets half price on weekends, as well, which is awesome.

We arrived at the park and there was definitely some visible lightning off in the distance but the Doppler looked good and the rides were running. The first ride I wanted to go on was the Sky Ride, but the wind picked up as we were walking to it and just as we got in line they told us they were closing it down and getting everyone off. Understandable. So we moved on to the next.

I skipped Scrambler, as I often do. It was once one of my favorite rides but now it just wreaks havoc on my neck. The Flying Eagles were also closed temporarily for wind, and they didn't open back up that night. But I did get a couple of pictures. I never saw the Eagles at KI or at least I don't remember, so back in 2011 when I first visited Western Playland was the first time I saw these Eagles. I jokingly called them "Angry Birds: The Ride".

Next up was the Paratrooper. No line, and it was running as usual. We rode that a couple of times and had a blast.

As we walked along after, I spotted a new addition that was not there a few months ago. On opening day a ride op had told us to expect a new ride next year but he couldn't think of what it was called. I took it with a grain of salt, and it appears we got our new addition earlier than planned. It's a Rock Star ride, similar to those Flying Carpet rides at fairs. We skipped it at first to see if Bandido was open, but we came back later.

Bandido was closed. It is the older of the two coasters at Western Playland, and is a TON of fun. It's a nice little steel coaster that is surprisingly smooth for its age, and while formerly red, it recently got a nice green paint job. I don't know why Bandido was closed while Hurricane, the newer of the two coasters, was still running. I was a bit disappointed but I went into the park expecting some things would be closed, so no big deal.

We got on Pharoah's Fury and rode that a few times. We didn't really have to wait in line for ANYTHING this trip. It seemed like there were just enough riders to fill it up, but not enough to where anyone had to wait in line. Which was SUPER cool. Normally Pharoah has the longest line of everything. During our several rides on Pharoah it started to rain, and within minutes we were soaked. They kept up operation as long as the lightning didn't get close. It was still off in the distance.

Next we went to ride Rock Star. It was... An odd experience.

The ride was half loaded, and people kept trickling into the line. He would lock the restraints and suddenly there would be more people coming on. He must have locked and unlocked the restraints six times. He made riders move seats way too much. It was awful. We must have been on the ride ten minutes before he actually started the thing. I'm a pretty patient person and I know the ride ops don't have an easy job. But this was kind of insane. It's a new ride, so I'm sure they'll figure it out eventually.

The restraints aren't quite meant for larger and/or taller folks. Most parents weren't able to ride with their kids. I think we were two of like four adults on the ride. The restraints made me claustrophobic. They fit but were very tight. I'm used to Waldameer's Ali Baba carpet ride and the restraints on these are definitely smaller.

After the six rider-shuffles, we finally got to actually RIDE the thing. It was a fun ride, but I don't know if I'll ride it again until the ride ops get the hang of things, and maybe once I lose ten pounds. :/

Next we went to ride Paratrooper again. I think most of my time at the park is spent on Paratrooper, Sky Ride, Pharoah's Fury, and Bandido. I just love those four rides. I ride the others occasionally, but those four are my favorites. Well, we got on Paratrooper and as he was loading some of the other "parachutes", a manager came and told him they were closing down the rides because the storm was getting closer. It was still raining and we definitely saw lightning in the distance, as we had all evening. Maybe it isn't smart to go to an amusement park during thunderstorms, but I figured we're at a low point in the middle of a bunch of mountains, and none of the rides are super tall, and they'd close down rides if there was any real threat, right?

They unloaded everyone from paratrooper and they closed down all the other rides except Dodgem. That entertained kids while their parents got food from the snack stands. We did the same. My husband thinks the food there is overpriced. I don't, it's actually pretty affordable compared to some parks. They don't have a lot to choose from, but they have some good stuff. I wish they had soft pretzels, my go-to amusement park food. He ended up getting cheese fries, I had a hot dog, and we shared a drink. They also had things like pizza, churros (yum!), nachos, etc. There's also an ice cream shop, Price's, which is a subsidiary of the local dairy in the area.

We hung out in the covered picnic area and the rain poured down. After eating I went off to take some photos, because I was already soaked so why worry about the rain. I came back and we talked to some employees wandering around, they said they were holding off actually closing the park til they see if the storm blew over. I looked at the Doppler and there seemed to be a slight chance the system may move north a bit more and the next storm cell would miss us. Unfortunately that was not the case, and they decided to close the park.

When we were first entering the park, the guy at the gate and the girl at the ticket window told us "no rainchecks or refunds". I expected this, no big deal. As we were leaving, park employees told everyone to pick up a free ticket at the window as they left the park. They actually DID give rainchecks to everyone who tried to wait out the storm! So now we have our tickets for our next trip in our glove compartment, good for anytime this season. I'm excited to go back, just gotta wait for a cooler day. Maybe even another rainy day, because it was cool and there were no crowds. The summer heat here makes it hard to do much, but I'll be keeping an eye on the forecast.

It's not the biggest park, it doesn't have the most coasters, but it's got great customer service, friendly ride ops, and great management. It's my one little happy place in this desert of blah.

Here's some pics:

IMG_2107_zpsc2gjf0ud.jpg

Sky Ride

IMG_2108_zps0xqvbw1k.jpg

Scrambler

IMG_2109_zpsfbbvpvxp.jpg

Flying Scooters

IMG_2112_zps00jtft7q.jpg

Paratrooper

IMG_2117_zpsj9tdmhtn.jpg

Hurricane, Drop Zone, Tilt A Whirl and Yoyo.

IMG_2132_zpseqveczfx.jpg

Our new ride, Rock Star

IMG_2142_zps8bt2lqvm.jpg

Pharoah's Fury

IMG_2143_zpsnnvhk2sp.jpg

A sleeping Bandido.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So, we just got back from our big Kentucky/Ohio trip. We had planned to visit Cedar Point, Waldameer, and Kings Island all in one week. However, we ended up missing out on Kings Island. My grandparents recently went into assisted living and I'm very close with them, and we decided to spend an extra day visiting them. Priorities, ya know? Our visit was a surprise and it really cheered them up. We can always get back to Kings Island in the spring. I have definitely decided to start saving more money for travel. It was nice to get away for a while.

THE TRIP

We had planned to leave Thursday early afternoon and my husband had been approved to take a half day off if he finished certain calls quickly enough, but he was swamped all day and didn't get home til late. I had the whole day off so I spent the day packing, double checking lists, doing laundry, and cleaning the house so we wouldn't come home to a disaster area. Of course, as I always do even with very careful planning, I forgot something. Our camp chairs. Usually we make 5 or 10 trips back to the house, but this time I only forgot one thing. And it wasn't a huge deal, we bought new ones cheap when we got to Kentucky. We left the house at 8 pm.

It was a VERY long trip. We decided to take a different route than our usual one. We usually take I 10, 20, and 30 across Texas and then head up north through Arkansas and Tennessee. This time we decided to try the New Mexico/Texas panhandle/Oklahoma/Missouri route. That's the last time we will take that route, I tell ya what! :P New Mexico took us through winding, 2 lane roads where we got lost a couple times. It was actually kind of scary. Never know when someone will go over the center line. It took a long time but eventually we got on a straighter route through the Texas panhandle. We took a nap in Amarillo from 3 or 4 am til 7 am (also one of us would sleep while the other drove sometimes and we switched off). Then we were back on the road again.

We stopped in Oklahoma City for a couple hours to see Bricktown. That was interesting, they have a four foot deep man made river thing surrounded by beautiful landscaping and restaurants. Lots of ducks! We rode a water taxi up and down the river thing, and it was really nice. Oklahoma City was about the same temperature as El Paso, but with the humidity I thought I was going to die! 104 degrees plus humidity is a bad combination.

We got back in the car and headed off across Oklahoma again. The rest of the drive was pretty uneventful, until we hit St. Louis around 1 am. We missed a turn and I never thought we'd make it out alive. There was an unbelievable number of drunk drivers. Hanging out of passenger windows and screaming, running red lights and nearly hitting each other. We couldn't figure out how to get back on the highway and it was terrifying. FINALLY we did make it, and vowed never to go through St. Louis again. The arch was pretty though.

We stopped in Evansville Indiana around 3 am. Too exhausted to continue, and got a hotel. The next day we headed to Louisville to see my husband's family. On the way, we were passing the Holiday World area and we saw a Kentucky Kingdom billboard. In Louisville we saw Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom billboards as well.

We visited his family in Louisville, then headed to Lexington and camped at the Kentucky Horse Park a couple nights. I love staying there, it's awesome. We visited family and eventually headed up to Ohio after a couple days.

We made it to Sandusky in the afternoon, and took a look at the KOA, though it wasn't much to look at to be honest. No wilderness, just a crowded parking lot in the middle of a trailer park and some old apartments. We continued on to check out Firefly Beach campground.

Firefly. Beach. Oh. My. Gosh.

The pictures could speak for themselves, but I need to get them uploaded tonight and post em tomorrow. I HIGHLY recommend Firefly Beach. It is right on Lake Erie with a great view of the Point. Beautiful, clean beach. Small and quiet, grounds are kept very nice. They have little rainbow colored cabins, along with tent and RV sites as well. We chose a tent site beneath a tree. The ONLY downside was the number of spiders. I expected near Lake Erie there would be quite a few. But every time my husband would clear off the tent five minutes later 25 more would be right back on it. When we took down the tent days later there were probably 50-100 spiders. This does not bode well for me, and I was stressed out a lot at night. I'm highly allergic to spider bites.

Aside from the spiders, it was an absolute dream. Falling asleep to the sound of Lake Erie waves and the music of the crickets was wonderful. The Erie Kai Tavern was on site. The bartender, Alyssa, was fantastic. Great, inexpensive drinks, and we split a meal of Lake Erie Perch, which was the best fish I have ever tasted. The whole place was decorated beautifully, wood furniture, island-style decorations. A Jimmy Buffet fan would feel right at home!

Cedar Point

We arrived just after opening. We purchased our Fast Lane Plus and our admission tickets ahead of time, and paid for preferred parking when we arrived. I knew after a day of riding and standing and walking my ankles and knees would not be happy with me. We  paid 15 dollars a locker at the front of the park, to hold my backpack full of medicines (Aleve, Exedrin, etc.) and sunscreen and spare clothes in case we rode water rides. In hindsight, we should have chosen a more centrally located locker.

We rode Ocean Motion to warm up for the bigger rides. I loved it when I was a kid, but these days it has no thrill anymore, even in the back row. The scenery around it is beautifully done, but the ride itself is like sitting on a porch swing.

Next we made our way to Gatekeeper. It was there during our last visit but we couldn't afford Fast Lane, or to waste three hours of our day in line. With Fast Lane Plus this time, there was definitely a line but it was much more manageable. I think we waited 20 or 30 minutes each time. That's fine by me! I was just a bit too big for the regular seats so they sent me to Row 4, which fit alright. Gatekeeper was really incredible. We rode twice- once on each side. I liked the left side much better than the right, but both were awesome.

We rode WindSeeker for the first time. Every time I've been to KI or CP since they were built, it's been closed due to wind. Ironic. :P But understandable. We ended up riding it twice. The first time I was actually kind of scared, because it kept going up and up and up. I'm not typically afraid of heights, just the thought of "what if this stalls like it has in the past?" thing scared me. The second ride I didn't worry as much. Wicked Twister's test seat was too small, so we didn't bother. Saving it for another time.

We went across the park to see if Raptor was do-able. It wasn't, the seat was too small. Next time though. Blue Streak was great. I took the advice of some posters here regarding older coasters and made sure to choose a middle seat (as opposed to a wheel seat). It was a fairly smooth ride with lots of fun airtime, I liked it much better this trip than I have in years past. I had planned to come back and ride again but I forgot.

We rode the Sky Ride, and then grabbed lunch, some chicken strips and fries which we split. I try not to eat much in parks. As great as the food is, I worry I'll get sick. It's only happened once, years ago, and not on the actual ride, but mainly because I'm careful about it.

After that we rode Iron Dragon, which was awesome as always. It will always be one of my favorite rides, especially the front row.

At the front of the line on Rougarou, by the way, the line attendant said we have to put our souvenir cup in the locker. No big deal, a bit of a trek but I understand. However, once my husband left to put it away, she let other people with souvenir cups, bags, stuffed toys, and other loose items go. We came to the station and there were bins. I was so confused as to why my husband had to waste 20 minutes and a lot of energy going to the front of the park and back while others just went on by. We had no other loose items, just an empty souvenir cup. I wish they'd have short-term lockers at the front of the line. That ordeal made absolutely no sense.

So then we rode Rougar-ow, as I call it. I was expecting a smooth ride, but I expected too much. It was rough after that first hill and loop. That part was great, the rest of the coaster I was just PRAYING it would be over soon. Massive headache after. Something really erie was that after the ride was over and we were getting out, my husband saw an Iphone 6 sitting loose behind a seat. He insisted that the ride forces prevented it from hitting us. And I insist that we got VERY lucky. We gave it to a ride op and moved on, and that was my first and last ride on Rougarou. Not worth it to me.

I had such a bad headache after that, and I couldn't think straight. It was the hottest and sunniest part of the day. My husband went to the locker AGAIN to grab the headache medicine and get some water in our souvenir cup for me. He is a real lifesaver. While he was gone, Rougarou stopped on the lift hill. We left before we saw what became of it, but it was running when we saw it later in the day.

We rode the train after that so I could relax a moment and the headache medicine could do its job. Then we got off at the back station near Maverick. We skipped Mean Streak, there's no way I could handle that again, especially after Rougarou.

We went to ride Maverick next. The line was incredibly long. For both Fast Lane AND the general line. We waited 40 minutes in the Fast Lane. I wondered how the people in the general line could wait HOURS in the hot sun and then another hour in the indoor-ish queue to ride this ride. So I expected it to be pretty amazing if people would subject themselves to that.

We finally got to ride. I will say this about Maverick- it is a COOL ride. They did a really great job on the theming/visuals. However, it beat the heck out of me. It was actually as if I'd been on a bucking bronco. The negative Gs on the first drop would be excellent if not for the shoulder restraints- I lifted up and slammed into the tops of the shoulder restraints and then slammed back down at the bottom of each hill. The whole ride was a blur, it just hurt the whole time and I got a few snippets of views here and there, but not much. My new name for it is Maver-ache. It had some cool elements, I really can see why people love this coaster. I, however, ended up with a massive black bruise on the side of my hip and some shoulder pains the rest of the day.

I was so tired by this point that I wanted to take it easy. I had considered trying Top Thrill Dragster but I read online the seats were not great for larger riders. I had REALLY wanted to try Millenium Force but I doubted I would fit in that either. I decided I'd give that test seat a try later, after a break to try out Skyhawk and get in some rides on Gemini.

Skyhawk was INCREDIBLE. This was my first time on it, it was down because of that cable snap last time we were at Cedar Point.  We rode it 5 or 6 times. At first it was kind of scary to be hundreds of feet in the air facing the ground. But I got used to it quickly and it was a blast. If I could just have Skyhawk and Gemini nearby, I would be the happiest person on earth.

We had hoped to go on some water rides next, but my sandals were at the front of the park. We were tired and my ankles were swollen, something that hasn't happened since I had a bad sprain a few years back. We took a break and split one of those big turkey legs from one of the Frontier Trail food stands. It was pretty awesome. My ankles weren't getting any better and I figured I'd do better in supportive tennis shoes than sandals, so we gave up on the water rides and decided to try them first next time. We slowly but surely made our way over to Gemini, and marathoned that a while. At the top of the hill on some of our rides, we could see lightning and a rainbow over the lake where a storm was moving in. It was a really cool sight. We avoided wheel seats and the ride was smooth as ever. Gemini has the most enthusiastic crowd of all the coasters I've seen, despite having one of the shorter lines. Everyone actually cheers and gets excited on Gemini, riders talk to each other in line, give each other high fives on the turns. It has truly the best atmosphere of all the rides, in my opinion.

We witnessed something a little jarring, there was another person who got stuck in the gate. A girl and her friend went to get on the train and the friend went to put something in the bin. A man thought she was a single rider and went through the gate when he quickly realized the friend was coming back, and he tried to step back and the gate closed on his leg. He pulled it free, a bit startled, and apologized to the riders and to the ride op watching the back area of the trains, who just kind of gave him this annoyed smirk. Those gates are pretty forceful and maybe they should pay closer attention before they close them. He was a nice guy, visiting the park with his son or grandson. The kid was going to be on the opposite train and they were planning to race but he held back when he saw what happened. Anyway, the guy was okay, but it was kind of startling that they would shut the gates on someone without paying attention. Other than that, the ride op crew at the front was enthusiastic and fun. They mostly do a great job.

We got in a bunch of rides on Gemini before they announced it was the last race and they'd be shutting down the blue train for the night. (Sad, the blue train is my favorite of the two.) We moved on after that and I got some pictures of the beautiful Gemini midway. I thought about riding monster but I was tired, and my husband really wanted to try the fried cheese and I knew it would be closing soon, plus I wanted a night ride on WindSeeker. We made our way to the front. WindSeeker was closed.

We chose the ferris wheel instead, where a couple held up the line because they refused to accept that the ride ops would not allow them to take their baby on the ride. They refused to go to guest services as directed or accept park policy, saying something about discrimination (I believe they were muslim based on their attire but I could be wrong) and someone in management had to come down and talk to them. It caused about a 15 minute extra wait, both for Fast Lane and the regular line. After management talked to them they left the baby with their daughter (age 6 or 7) and rode by themselves, not having to wait in line again. The height requirement is what it is. I don't see why people don't get that. It's clearly posted in the lines.

We went to get my husband's cheese on a stick, and I tried a bite. It was alright. We went to the Sweet Spot and I got a chocolate covered twinkie and two pretzels for us to share later. The line was long but boy, did the workers there do a great job making sure everyone was taken care of! They opened more registers and made sure everyone got what they wanted, and we checked out much quicker than anticipated. Shout out to the awesome staff at the Sweet Spot!  

All in all, it was a great day. There were some odd occurrences during the day, but mostly a great trip. The park was clean and the employees were almost all friendly. Gemini was, as always, my favorite part. And probably always will be.

WALDAMEER:

Went back to the Erie Kai Tavern for drinks and then turned in for the night. The next day we went to visit my grandparents, and stayed in the area an extra day. They aren't very far from Erie so we went to Waldameer the second night and got the cheaper after-5-pm wristbands. Of course, I made a beeline for the Whacky Shack. We rode that twice in a row, and probably 5 times overall that evening. The weather was perfect, cool and breezy and not real humid. We rode the sky ride, then marathoned the Sea Dragon a bit. The ride op was really nice. One thing I've noticed is that Waldameer's Sea Dragon is the best swinging ship ride I've been on. It has the best airtime in full swing. It makes me want to find out who manufactured it and learn more about it.

We rode the ferris wheel at sunset and got some great pictures, and saw a floating lantern in the sky. We rode Paratrooper and Ali Baba, walked through Pirate's Cove. I was considering Ravine Flyer II but by that time, spiders had started to come out. We took a second ride on the Ferris Wheel and they were EVERYWHERE. Huge, fast spiders building webs on everything. To the sides of us, above our heads in the gondola, in the queue lines. YIKES. The girl on Sea Dragon had to kill a bunch of them. I could only imagine what Ravine Flyer II would have, if Ravine Flyer III was so covered in them. And maybe part of me was not ready to try it again after hurting my neck last time. :/

We rode Whacky Shack AGAIN. :P I can't get enough of it. I look at all the theming inside Whacky Shack and Pirate's Cove and I think "Someone MADE this! Someone spent hours, maybe days, maybe WEEKS making this stuff!" I wish there were more rides like these. It's why I kinda don't like the idea of dark rides with screens. I see what dark rides can be, and I think "Why aren't other parks doing this? What is so great about expensive screens and 3D technology when you can make something like this?" Yes, it's a little cheesy and silly but I love it. And the ride is clearly very popular.

We spent some more time with family in Kentucky for a couple days and then headed back to Texas. We picked up our dogs from our friends' house and my border collie hugged me for about 10 minutes straight. We usually take them everywhere with us, they've only been left with friends or in a kennel a few times, and not for quite as long. Our little ones are more easygoing but my border collie doesn't like being away from us. I don't like Texas, but the one upside of coming home was seeing my dogs again.

It was a great trip. We don't travel as much as I'd like. On the last day before traveling back to Texas, we got a phone call. A couple weeks ago my husband entered us in some contests with a local radio station here. We won a trip to Los Angeles to see ACDC! Airfare, concert, hotel, and spending money! I'm SO excited!!!! A lot of the stuff we entered, I didn't know the bands, but I've always liked ACDC.

I've never been to LA  before and now I'm trying to figure out which park I want to visit. We'll only be there one full day and two half days so I have to pick one park to visit. Let the research begin! :)

• Like 4

No, I forgot to double back to it, and I had read online that they were really unforgiving. I'm working on losing weight and taking better care of myself (I eat healthy but don't exercise nearly enough) so hopefully next year I can ride it.

Firefly Beach Resort & Campground (I may get a framed copy of the first pic!)

IMG_2297_zpsbdsqmpjp.jpg

IMG_2298_zpsobeqjrgp.jpg

IMG_2299_zpsfv1zhhpu.jpg

Waldameer

IMG_2403_zpsh69i3hgj.jpg

IMG_2405_zpsauj6qsv1.jpg

IMG_2406_zpsbgsxl4cj.jpg

IMG_2407_zps0vs0i4rj.jpg

IMG_2408_zpsz0fdlrrr.jpg

Cedar Point

IMG_2399_zpsdq7ub5ic.jpg

IMG_2401_zpse3mxumyr.jpg

IMG_2397_zpsmlc4ktvp.jpg

IMG_2398_zps1akuhple.jpg

IMG_2395_zpsglvslqdq.jpg

More to come, some are on my husband's work phone because it takes better photos. But he has it right now.

• Like 1