Best Seats on Coasters

CoasterDirected

On The Beast: 5-3, last row of the second to last car.

I kid, I kid. Seriously that is well known to be the worst row on the coaster. But I'm not telling my favorite row, the magical row of smooth intensity, because it already has a long enough line most nights and I like to be able to get my preferred seat after the fireworks shut down without hearing the dreaded "If there are more than 2 people in front of you please find another row." That's why I no longer wait until the last train or slip into line just before the fireworks start. I try to get in line 5-10 minutes before they close the queue in the hopes of getting my favorite seat.

As a side note, for all the times I've had to move to another row at the end of the night, I don't understand why they let the Banshee front row line get partway down the stairs during passholder ERT last night and then ran enough trains to allow every single one of them to ride in their preferred seat - without allowing a single person on the rest of the train to re-ride. They sent something like 6 or 7 trains out with 3 or 4 people on them at the end of the night. Not the KI operations I remember, that's for sure.

• Like 3

On The Beast: 5-3, last row of the second to last car.

I kid, I kid. Seriously that is well known to be the worst row on the coaster. But I'm not telling my favorite row, the magical row of smooth intensity, because it already has a long enough line most nights and I like to be able to get my preferred seat after the fireworks shut down without hearing the dreaded "If there are more than 2 people in front of you please find another row." That's why I no longer wait until the last train or slip into line just before the fireworks start. I try to get in line 5-10 minutes before they close the queue in the hopes of getting my favorite seat.

As a side note, for all the times I've had to move to another row at the end of the night, I don't understand why they let the Banshee front row line get partway down the stairs during passholder ERT last night and then ran enough trains to allow every single one of them to ride in their preferred seat - without allowing a single person on the rest of the train to re-ride. They sent something like 6 or 7 trains out with 3 or 4 people on them at the end of the night. Not the KI operations I remember, that's for sure.

Last night I was on one of those after the fireworks rides on The Beast. It was a long wait but worth the ride. Then I went over to the pass holder event and did a front row Banshee ride. When I got there the line had just started to wrap around the corner for the front car but it was getting long rapidly. I was happy that they accommodated seat requests as we have seen in other threads that it hasn't been the case quite often.

• Like 2

I probably saw you at some point and didn't even realize it. I rode second to last train on Beast (my husband and his brother rode the last train in the same seat), and we headed over to Banshee to discover that the line was longer than it had been when we rode it at 9:15. We still got I think 3 rides in, and 2 cones of Banshee Twist, plus some hang out time with good friends.

• Like 2

I probably saw you at some point and didn't even realize it. I rode second to last train on Beast (my husband and his brother rode the last train in the same seat), and we headed over to Banshee to discover that the line was longer than it had been when we rode it at 9:15. We still got I think 3 rides in, and 2 cones of Banshee Twist, plus some hang out time with good friends.

Yeah probably so. After the wait my train got stuck going up the first hill for a bit. Then when we came back to the station after finishing the ride there could not have been more than 2 trains left to go. Some guy waiting to board started yelling about "look at that single rider in the front row!" Lol.

• Like 2

I have a friend who rides roller coasters, but both he and his wife very much dislike The Beast because of its roughness. I asked them where they sat and they said "on the ride". After I explained that different locations on the train provide completely different experiences, they thought that was silly and that it shouldn't matter. They are both very intelligent people, so I wonder if we coaster fanatics are the only ones that understand that different seats provide different experiences?

• Like 5

I have a friend who rides roller coasters, but both he and his wife very much dislike The Beast because of its roughness. I asked them where they sat and they said "on the ride". After I explained that different locations on the train provide completely different experiences, they thought that was silly and that it shouldn't matter. They are both very intelligent people, so I wonder if we coaster fanatics are the only ones that understand that different seats provide different experiences?

I don't know, I think the GP know that usually the back is more intense while the front gets the best view but thats it. 

• Like 1

I rode the Banshee in the back for the first time this weekend - I've ridden it 20+ times but have always been in the front half, just by chance.  Anyway, I don't ever feel sick on rides, and could never understand why Banshee makes people throw up.  From that back row, I could feel the queasy.  Wow!!!  Still fun, but way more intense.

• Like 3

Out of nearly 400 coaster, I prefer front on 8 coasters. Generally, I prefer the back on B&M and Intamin hyper/giga coasters. For wooden coasters, I prefer middle seats on the back train if there are 3 rows. Same with Arrow hypers. I prefer outside back for winged, stand up, flying, floorless, and Inverts.

I prefer front on Intamin launch shuttles, Volcano, Back Lot Stunt Coaster, and Shivering Timbers.

• Like 2