Bring a Friend for $14.99 (Gold and Platinum Pass Holders) Father's Day, June 21st

BoddaH1994

One of the best ways to enjoy all the world-class rides, shows and attractions Kings Island has to offer is with friends. On Sunday, June 21, Gold and Platinum season passholders can bring up to four (4) friends for only $14.99 each! Present your pass at the front gate admissions window to take advantage of this Gold and Platinum pass benefit.

Gold Pass Benefits

• Like 1

Also happening this upcoming Sunday, May 10 for Mother's Day. (EDIT: Never mind. The Mother's Day promotion was posted as its own thread.)

This is a popular promotion, so expect the park to be more crowded than it might otherwise be on an equivalent day. Sundays early in the season usually aren't extremely crowded to start with, making these good days for promotions to increase attendance.

• Like 2

Also, expect that crowd to be....uh....different than the ones you normally encounter at the park. Participated in this last year with some friends. NEVER again.

I was there.

Was I THAT bad?

Terp, who tried to behave.

I never met you at the park while I was working there Terpy, or any other time for that matter, so you must be on decently good behavior while at the park. Haha!

• Like 3

I don't remember what I had for breakfast yesterday let alone a KI visit from nearly a year ago.

I do recall a packed park and rude a holes in quite a few places. I also remember other people talking about encountering the same problems in the past and that Bring a Friend days were days they avoided the park. There was also talk of different crowds being attracted to Bring A Friend Days. Now all the sudden folks loved it and Bring A Friend Days are the bees knees, lol. It's cool though, I couldn't go even if I wanted. 

Oh please I've been there the last two Sundays and while the park was busy I wouldn't call it crazy busy. Crazy busy for me would be every ride line completely over filling its ques no parking spaces left and your running into people just walking on the midways. We got 25 rides in this past Sunday with 4 of those being on Banshee. The Sunday before we got 20 rides in. This is just my opinion. And also to add to the fire Mothers Day and Father's Day have always been a low crowd day one of the reason the have these bring a friend day on those days.

• Like 2

My wife an I do not have passes this year as she is pregnant. We are targeting Father's Day as our lone visit. This is mainly to walk around and enjoy food. I know it's usually very crowded on these days, but if any of you happen to be going and want to get us in as your guests it would be greatly appreciated. 

Disclaimer: you don't have to spend the day with us. 

• Like 5

A somewhat related season pass benefits question. Is there anywhere on the website that specifies what food and merchandise locatoins offer the season passholder discount. All that I could find is:

Present your Gold or Platinum Season Pass and receive 10% off your purchase at select food and merchandise locations throughout the park.

Appreciate any help I  can get!

• Like 1

I haven't encountered one that doesn't (although, if something is already discounted it typically won't work, so at the Everything's Under $10 discount store at the entrance to Coney Mall it often won't give you a further discount). If I were to make a guess, the franchise stores like Auntie Anne's would be the most likely not to offer a discount.

• Like 2

While I haven't used it a whole lot, the only times I've ever been denied the 10% discount is on already-discounted items (including items like souvenir cups that have a special Gold Pass price), and at Panda Express and Chick-Fil-A (which are operated by their respective companies, not by KI). Even Starbucks offered me the discount last year.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

They're doing this again, August 17-20.

Ugh! That is the week I usually marathon rides. Last week of daily ops and kids are mostly back in school.

Sent from a signal coming out of the Vega system.

In my past experience, bring-a-friend days in late August typically do not have any appreciable impact on crowds, certainly nowhere near the level of impact seen on Father's Day. They should still be excellent days to visit the park.

• Like 1