Nintendo coming to Universal parks

Nintendo hasn't done anything of note in 20 years!

anigif_enhanced-21349-1422550662-2.gif

Anyway, Universal's making it harder and harder to ignore them. I really wanted to go there last year when I was at WDW but my parents didn't want to.

Steve Buscemi's Jan is better :) As for Avatar, Cirque Du Soleil is in the midst of creating a new show based on Avatar to tour next year (Cincy is a stop).  I know Disney has been wanting to replace La Nouba with a new Cirque show, so perhaps it will land at Disney Springs upon completion of its tour.

It honestly amazes me how much money Universal racks in. I know it's a very popular park, but they've been adding things NON-STOP. Since (2009?) they've added a giant Harry Potter themed area with a massive dark ride, a new Simpsons themed area with a new flat ride, a new Transformers multi-sensory ride like Spider-Man, another new Harry Potter themed area with a roller coaster/dark ride combo and a train ride, the Despicable Me motion simulator, and now they're getting a new King Kong ride and possibly Nintendo rides in the future???! Oh, and a new resort hotel...

It's kinda getting to be too much. They should relax for a bit...the parks are full of things to do now. 

• Like 1

It honestly amazes me how much money Universal racks in. I know it's a very popular park, but they've been adding things NON-STOP. Since (2009?) they've added a giant Harry Potter themed area with a massive dark ride, a new Simpsons themed area with a new flat ride, a new Transformers multi-sensory ride like Spider-Man, another new Harry Potter themed area with a roller coaster/dark ride combo and a train ride, the Despicable Me motion simulator, and now they're getting a new King Kong ride and possibly Nintendo rides in the future???! Oh, and a new resort hotel...

It's kinda getting to be too much. They should relax for a bit...the parks are full of things to do now. 

Considering their main competition is from the Mouse, that would be insanely stupid on their part to not keep adding new things.

Just wait and see when Disney starts playing with their 2 newest franchises at their parks. 

• Like 1

Don't forget there is a strong chance that they are building their own themed water park as well. However, I agree with others that they have to keep things coming. Orlando is a very competitive market. Though I think they could go a little longer between attractions now. They have a strong line up but new rides are always a plus.

• Like 1

The thing I LOVE about Universal more than anything is the price for what you get. You may argue that compared to Disney, the magic (quite literally) isn't there, and I would probably agree with you. However, to say Universal doesn't have a magic all its own would be, putting it bluntly, wrong. It's becoming a power house of magic, all its own. 

• Like 4

I think the "sure, Jan" gif comment was the best I have seen on this forum or any other in a while.

Whenever Nintendo stuff starts appearing at Universal I'll be there. I finally have the desire to visit to see the place when that happens. I for one cannot stand Harry Potter so I didn't want to go back with that being their focus.

• Like 1

I think the "sure, Jan" gif comment was the best I have seen on this forum or any other in a while.

Whenever Nintendo stuff starts appearing at Universal I'll be there. I finally have the desire to visit to see the place when that happens. I for one cannot stand Harry Potter so I didn't want to go back with that being their focus.

I don't care much for Harry Potter either, but I am a big fan of Nintendo. But theres lots of other things I lenjoy at Universal Studios like The Simpsons Ride,The Soon to be New King Kong Ride, Revenge Of The Mummy, and whats left of Nickelodeon Studios.

I didn't care for Harry Potter and knew almost nothing about the franchise when I visited in 2012, yet I found Hogsmeade to be one of the more enjoyable areas of the park. With Diagon Alley now open, and with me now reading through and enjoying the series for the first time, I would love to go back.

• Like 5

The thing I LOVE about Universal more than anything is the price for what you get. You may argue that compared to Disney, the magic (quite literally) isn't there, and I would probably agree with you. However, to say Universal doesn't have a magic all its own would be, putting it bluntly, wrong. It's becoming a power house of magic, all its own. 

Yea It has been improving greatly and they are really on a path to become major competition for Disney, more so than before. There isn't as much to do but the quality of their attractions are becoming high. And all of the IPs are really going to draw people in. Think their progression towards themed lands has been really helping it out as well. Islands o Adventure is a good park and the Harry Potter sections and Simpsons are all great. So many details and such. Do feel that the quality at Disney is much higher but Universal is still top notch. And the Harry Potter areas rival anything Disney has as well I feel. Hopefully this continues on with improvements and additions.

Think once they have their own themed waterpark and potentially a third gate especially it will be a true vacation resort to spend a week at. That is still one major plus of Disney sit here is so much to do there with 4 theme parks, two water parks, the Downtown Disney area, two minigolf courses, golfing, spas, and all the resorts and pools that have stuff to experience.

Universal has been improving Citywalk, tow great theme parks, mini golf, and some nice resorts. But their continual expansion should hopefully see a couple more resorts and additions to what they have now plus a water park and third gate eventually.

• Like 2