Beast Behind the Scenes Tweet

Magenta Lizard

Thanks for pointing out that the 12th is Tuesday, not Monday like I was thinking. I was setting myself up for a big disappointment when I showed up at Beast's front door on Monday at 4. Gives me a better recovery time from my 12 hours at the park yesterday, too.

Even though I went on a tour last summer at the CC Banshee Bash, and I believe there is one included in next weekend's Coasterstock, I think this one being subtly advertised and on a random Tuesday, will be lower attended and thus more intimate. Even if I'm wrong about that, I just can't get enough about The Beast.

• Like 5

The big gate in the fence to the right of the entrance to Beast, I would assume. The one they opened for access to the new Slaughterhouse. At least that was where we started for the one I've been on (which coincided with the beginning of construction on the new Slaughterhouse).

• Like 4

Apparently. If you're going to be there, feel free to say "hi!" I'll be the woman in her late 30s in cargo shorts, two pigtails, and rainbow colored tie-dye shoes.

I had a thought earlier today that this may include kids from the math and science days, and be higher attendance than I initially expected. Although, I think by 4 most of them are leaving already.

• Like 3

If normal "tweetup" rules are followed, you may need to show the tweet on a mobile device to prove that you follow the park on Twitter. (With the Twitter app, via a mobile web browser, or via SMS on if you follow that way.)

I printed the original tweet.  For whatever reason, I never got the whole twitter thing, so my experience is limited, but it appears as of this post there are 67 retweets, which is more than I expected.  They are requesting a retweet to be eligible for this "meetup".  I hope I accomplished that task as requested.

Took part in this today, it was quite fun, probably around 30 people participated which is a pretty high number considering how light the crowd was at the park. Don did mention that he plans to do more of these this coming summer.

CE2ItYVWgAEsTVq.jpg

• Like 8

Also got to enjoy this behind the scenes tour. Decent group showed up for some photo ops. It was cool walking amongst the trees and hearing a train race by periodically. Hope the weather holds out this weekend to do it again.

Got to meet Magenta Lizard as well. Hope you were able to get Toto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Yep, I got my Toto. :)

A half hour before the tour was to start, I popped into The Beast Arcade, and started playing the Wizard of Oz coin pusher game. For those who don't know, there are character cards you can win from the game, and if you collect the whole set, it's worth 5000 tickets. Toto is much more rare than the other character cards. I played for awhile, ultimately shoving a stack of several cards (the top card being Toto) off the edge. But when I went to collect all my chips and cards so I could go wait for the tour, Toto was missing. It wasn't on the playing field, it wasn't in the bin, and it wasn't visible anywhere between the two although it had to be stuck somewhere.

The only employee in the area was a young man running the water-squirt race game out front. He said he couldn't do anything about it, and his supervisor (who could) went on break and he had no way of contacting him. I said I was just going to go ahead on The Beast tour, and asked him to tell his supervisor what was going on when he showed up.

It was a gorgeous day, and a wonderful tour

f25173a94842565ab5cfb1e27110f091.jpg

Amazingly, the games supervisor hadn't checked in the entire time of the tour (plus a ride on Beast afterward), but the young employee happened to see him walking off toward DB soon after I approached him again, and I ran after him and he called maintenance (took like five seconds for him to deal with me, after I finally was able to get to him). After hearing my story and opening the machine to find the stuck Toto card, the maintenance man actually told me until he saw the card, he thought I might have been putting him on. What are the chances that only the rare card gets stuck in the machine? I told him "yeah, *wink* *wink* it ate my Toto."

• Like 10

Magenta Lizard, here is the link to the youtube video that I mentioned yesterday at the park.  It is trial run before the ride opened to the public.  Pay attention to how low the right rail is making the left turn after the first tunnel, not very banked as heard by the squeals, plus they were using 4 bench cars.  Notice the momentum before entering the ravine.  I remember as a kid getting some good airtime there.  It is trimmed now.  There are some other goodies that we no longer experience today.

<

Remember Don mentioned that the left turn at the bottom of the first hill was the most worked on section of track.  He had us pay attention to how high and close the right rail is banked and is just inches away from what could be a hand rail.  The below video shows that well.

<

Is the chain link fence between tunnel 2 and lifthill 2 new for 2015?  It's kind of a distraction.

• Like 4