Beast Behind the Scenes Tweet

Magenta Lizard

MAY 12th report. The day started out bad at the park after having to deal with the ticket booth for upgrading my gold pass to platinum was a nightmare. When I approached the window and asked to upgrade my gold pass to platinum. ( I did not have my pass card with me ) The employee then had an attitude and through up his hands, as if I was asking him to do something off the wall. He then proceeded to call the manager. The manager showed up, she was very calm and laid back. After doing her thing, I handed the employee a 100 dollar bill for the $81 dollar upgrade and then he directed to get registered again because they were unable to bring up my information from my current gold pass. After registering again I was directed back to the same window, I asked the employee if he had my change and he stated "he already gave me the change" in a agrivated tone of voice. I then had to transfer my season meal plan, over which I then upgraded to a platinum season meal plan and paid for that upgrade. All in all I walked away shorted $19 and a pen that I forgot to give back. You can say the most expensive pen I ever bought, and it wasn't even a Kings Island pen.. Frustrated I proceeded to the park and went directly to Chick Fil A, I ordered my regular sandwich meal ( first meal on the menu )and added a regular sized sweet tea. I handed him my pass and my credit card. I got distracted by my friend, and looked away. Got my meal and sat down to eat. Later on I noticed in my receipt that I was charged the full amount for the meal. ( I guess it doesn't show up when your pass is scanned.) that was frustrating, but the food was great. From there me and my friend proceeded to Diamondback and made our way around the loop, getting on rides as we go. Everything in the park was a walk on except for FoF and Firehawk which only had one side of the station operating with one train.. After we finished Action Zone, I stopped by the festhaus for some Panda Express. I ordered orange chicken, steamed rice, and opted my second entree for crab Rangoon with a Coke. The steamed rice was extremely dry, and had a little bit of a overcooked crunch to it. The orange chicken was fantastic, and my crab Rangoon was good as well.. My friend and I ended up leaving the park early due to our schedules so I unfortunately had to miss the 5pm Beast tour. I left the park having mixed feelings about what happened earlier.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I was the crazy woman in the white dress :)

Sorry I didn't see your post until now.

I think this was my favorite of the four tours I've taken so far, because I finally got into the middle of the helixes, I got to take my husband with me (usually I'm at the park alone), and I learned something new that surprised me (around 90% of The Beast's wood is original to when it was built).

• Like 6

The whole thing was really cool. I wish my wife was in town because she really doesn't know much about The Beast since she doesn't ride. She would have enjoyed seeing the parts of the track that you can't see from Rivertiwn, which isn't much. Alas, she is gone for 6 weeks helping take care of her grandmother...

I thought it might have been you and your husband based off of your post earlier in the thread but I didn't want to walk up and be like "hey, are you Magenta Lizard?" Then be wrong and feel awkward the whole trip. Lol

The only remark Don made that I though was not correct was that he said there wasn't the water near The Beast's station since the construction of The Vortex. I can remember seeing the water there and I wasn't really old enough to remember The Vortex being built. I feel like I can remember people flipping coins into the pool below while waiting in line.

• Like 2