Rougalicious Preview Night

Ride On_17

Redirects to Norton Connect Safe hosted at http://54.200.58.62/

Malicious website blocked!

handsuprideon.wordpress.com

This website may be dangerous, and it is recommended that you do not continue. For your protection, this site has been blocked.

After I get this:

handsuprideon.wordpress.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for search.dnsadvantage.com

The certificate expired on 5/19/14, 2:09 AM. The current time is 5/9/15, 3:33 PM.

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Edit: seems to be a much greater problem on Wordpress's side..

^^ Great report; thanks!

^ The first error from Norton may be related to the apparent DNS redirection from the second error. I don't see any resources from potentially malicious sites being loaded by that blog.

What is your computer's DNS server set to? http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/display/istcontrib/How+to+check+DNS+settings+on+Windows+7(or network settings on Mac OS X, or /etc/resolv.conf on Linux)

CP was having MAJOR issues with both rides and computers all weekend long.  MF was short a train when it finally opened up mid day Saturday.  Maverick was down all Friday and most of Saturday.  It opened for ERT on Sunday.  On Saturday we waited 1 1/2 hours for a ride on TTD (with Fast Lane, no less!)  I think Mean Streak opened sometime Saturday.  Magnum was intermittent but open more than closed.   Wicked Twister never opened and is rumored to be down for weeks. (Parts)  We were told the rides were down because they didn't have a required state inspection or maintenance had not put part of the ride back together.  The reason is really irrelevant.  I'm sure Cedar Point did everything they could to get the rides up and running. Gatekeeper, Raptor and Rougarou were open all weekend, however.

Food service was a nightmare.  The workers had NO issues serving food but the computers wouldn't take orders or recognize dining plans.  More than one food establishment did not know they were on the dining plan, another insisted the dining plan taco salad didn't have meat.  The perch sandwich is available on the daily plan, but not the season plan. (?!?)  We had at least 4 meals not charged to our account.

The gift shops were no better.  Once again the staff was great but the computer system didn't recognize mechandise, passes or discounts.  Eventually the manager just rang in general mechandise.

We stayed at The Breakers which is as advertised. New and fresh.  I talked to a few people who reported no hot water or a sticky door but we had no problems.   The bar computer had no problems.   I recommend the RougaBREW. 

I hope it was simply opening weekend jitters.  We were disappointed with the rides being down and the computer issues.  It didn't ruin the weekend but it created a little stress.

We have a return visit planned in July so i'm hoping to see major improvements. 

• Like 4

- Hotel Breakers check-in took 90 minutes due to the early booking perks not showing up correctly.

- New outdoor pool areas were closed.

- No ATM on the hotel premises.

- Starbucks and Perkins.....only place to get morning coffee (WTF??).

- No designated smoking areas.

- etc......

I could go on and on (not even counting the issues in the park) but I won't because all in all we had a great time. Having been to both KI and CP opening weekends, needless to say they both had their share of issues.

• Like 2

I could go on and on (not even counting the issues in the park) but I won't because all in all we had a great time. Having been to both KI and CP opening weekends, needless to say they both had their share of issues.

Both parks had all of their new attractions operating on opening weekend, so they're already ahead of Hartland.

Plus, I don't think we'll be seeing an article in the Sandusky Register about "hundreds" coming out to opening day at Cedar Point, so they have that going for them too.

• Like 4

- No designated smoking areas.

Huh? Is Cedar Point now an entirely smoke-free park?

Nope.....but as a courteous smoker I would appreciate designated areas and that should include something to extinguish my cigarette.

There was only one of those "butt holders" :) at the convention center entrance. I was looking for areas to smoke that would not offend others, snuffing out my cigs on my shoe and throwing it away in a trashcan. I HATE people that just randomly flip their smokes on the ground when finished.

• Like 5