Math and Science Days?

violakat03

I haven't been able to find any information on this year's Math & Science Days schedule. It used to be posted on the website (under "events") along with the dates for Music in the Parks, making it easier to avoid ending up there on what you expected to be a walk-on day to be faced with wall-to-wall school kids. I was thinking of making a trip down there today after lunch but am leery without this information. I know Friday was one because the busses were just leaving when we got there in the early evening. 

As a tag along question, anyone know the same information for Cedar Point? I have this week free and want to make use of it. 

• Like 2

I've found the KI Education Days to be pretty nice days to attend. There may be more groups of middle and high school students but they tend to walk as a group and hang-out more than being super focused on riding rides. There might be a lot of buses outside, but the lines aren't too bad from my past experience. 

• Like 4

Since everyone else has been doing it...

Would anyone on here mind reporting whether Cedar Point is similar during math and science/education/whatever days?

I'm super late to the party here, but thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

I went to CP on Wednesday with kittenpooh, and it was significantly busier than KI was on Tuesday, Thursday or Friday. (Can you tell I had nothing to do this week?) It wasn't horrible, and certainly wasn't as bad as a Saturday, but it was busier than we'd hoped. Millennium Force, Maverick and Dragster were running 45 minute waits most of the day. We waited about 15 minutes for Gatekeeper in the late afternoon as things started dying down. Up until the school groups started leaving, we rode everything that had no line (such as Blue Streak) and then after 5 when the busses started rolling out, lines dropped significantly. We took a ride on Millennium Force with a 10 minute wait and Dragster with 5. We'd hoped for a walk-on day considering it was COLD, cloudy and windy, but we still managed to have a lot of fun. I'm probably heading back up there this coming week as well.

• Like 3

• 6 years later...

I have a math question for someone who is good at math here. I'm 36 years of age now, but have been going to the park for 21 years of my life. I've never counted how many laps on The Beast that I have since I was a kid, but trying to make an estimated guess. I have been keeping track of how many laps I have on Banshee though. I have 116 laps on Banshee since she debuted in 2014(7 years). If I have that many laps on Banshee in 7 years, how many probable laps do you think I may have on The Beast?

I would just estimate if you think you go on The Beast a little more, a little less, or about the same as Banshee. Based on that adjust your 116 figure up or down a little, then multiply that number by 3 to adjust from 7 years to 21 years.

For example, you think you go on Beast 90% as often as Banshee, 116 x 90% = 104. Then 104 x 3 = 312 for your estimate.

• Thanks 1