Kings Dominion ride removal / 2016 coaster addition?

Right, but it seems like everything (apart from trains and electricity-related components) with a lifespan has been replaced. Unless I misunderstood something, it's basically a new coaster...? Or are you referring to popularity/ridership when you say lifespan?

Either a flyer or wing coaster would be ideal as it would be something fairly unique to the area. 

I think a B&M flyer somewhere in the back of the park (either via Hurler demolition or placement nearby) would be an amazing addition.  I'd rather it be like Sky Scrapper in China than say, Manta or Tatsu.  My only gripe with the B&M flyers is that the pacing is a little weird because of the time it takes to go from one element to another, but Sky Scrapper looks like it solves that issue.  I love this picture of that ride - http://rcdb.com/8983.htm?p=53170

You could make the case that Kings Dominion already has enough inversions.  With that in mind I also think that a B&M mega would work here.  In this case I would actually prefer a junior-sized B&M mega along the lines of Hollywood Dream or either of the North American Goliath B&M megas.  Kings Dominion, IMO, could really use another large steel ride that the general public will want to re-ride.  Volcano and Dominator are still the most popular rides in that park with the GP because they're just fun.  I think Cedar Fair brass thought that I305 would be a major hit with the public, but every time I've gone to the park since it opened it's had the shortest line amongst the major steel coasters there, even with one-train operation.  The general public likes the ride but very few are interested in re-rides because of the intensity.  The back part of the park near Hurler & Rebel Yell could really use some more foot traffic, and installing a re-rideable B&M airtime machine would absolutely re-route some people back there.      

• Like 2

I would think part of the problem is Verbolten is a great almost perfect ride. Tempesto is a copycat and seems somewhat out of place and downplayed. I need to get over there to ride it though, and everything else in the park, best park ever

Also if they remove their standup that'd be great, I no longer wish to have my chest crushed on a ride.

I think a B&M hyper may be a good fit. If it's anything like Diamondback or Carowinds' Intimidator, it would be extremely re-rideable and appeal to the masses

To be honest, when I first saw I-305 it intimidated the hell out of me and that's no joke. I was at Kings Dominion the Sunday of Independence Day weekend and it was no more than a station wait. Turned out to be one of my top coasters and I was able to ride 6 times back to back as a result of the short lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think part of the problem is Verbolten is a great almost perfect ride. Tempesto is a copycat and seems somewhat out of place and downplayed. I need to get over there to ride it though, and everything else in the park, best park ever

Also if they remove their standup that'd be great, I no longer wish to have my chest crushed on a ride.

I highly doubt most of BGW's audience even knows about the other 4 copies, 3 of which aren't in the US.  

• Like 5

Oh I agree, just stating why I think Tempesto was downplayed. All over BGWFans news & updates it kept referring to it as a copy. I think it looks great, and actually quite colorful on that side of the park considering how dark Apollo's Chariot is when approaching the parking tolls or walking from the Rhineland to Fiesta Italia. I was there watching it test one day and it actually looks quite fun. Plus you do seem to hang upside down quite a bit on the first pass or two. To me though, again Verbolten for me is just the perfect ride. Theming, launches, drops, and really fun experience. Sad it removed the best suspended of all time, but at least KI has the next best one, and looks to stay around for quite some time considering the overhaul the other year.  

• Like 2

Originality is way better but that's not going to stop me from riding. It just means that I won't necessarily enjoy the ride as much. Nothing to complain about, of course. A day at an amusement or theme park is better than a day at work, after all.

Unless, of course, you're out of work. Then, you'll be sad that you can't go to work.

• Like 4

I have a difficult time believing CF cares about trees.

Just sayin'.

Really?

The Picnic Grove states otherwise.

Gilroy Gardens does too.

I mean, sure Soak City got some major reno, but at the same time there are still some shady areas in the region.

"Green Thumb" BB1, a plant enthusiast.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I have a difficult time believing CF cares about trees.

Just sayin'.

Really?

The Picnic Grove states otherwise.

Gilroy Gardens does too.

I mean, sure Soak City got some major reno, but at the same time there are still some shady areas in the region.

"Green Thumb" BB1, a plant enthusiast.

See Fury 325, Banshee, Leviathan and the massive land clearing those rides had then compare it to Thunderbird at Holiday World. It's not even close. Heck you can compare the older rides at CF parks like Afterburn, Nighthawk, Beast, Grizzly, etc that were built before CF took over. Again the comparison is not there. I think when it comes to rides, CF hates trees! Haha
  • Like 5

Delirium will be a a 40-person Mondial Revolution. The ride will be placed directly behind the Bad Apple flat ride (the same as KI's Shake Rattle & Roll), and will be roughly where Shockwave's entrance and station currently stand. 

Our "Candy Apple Grove" section is also supposed to majorly renovated along with the new ride. Expanded restrooms, two renovated restaurants, a new Coca-Cola Marketplace, new pavers, and a new shaded seating area are all planned as well (though they have yet to be announced). There is also a mysterious, fairly large building slated to be built on the ground of Shockwave's lift hill, although I haven't a clue what it is for. Some have speculated that it will be a permanent Haunt building like Dorney Park is building.

Needless to say, I am excited. 

• Like 5