Rougarou Media Preview

JubJester

Rougarou Media Preview was held last Friday (May 8th) beginning at 5:00 a.m. I was one of the 100 randomly selected people from the Winter Chill Out that took place in February. I took my Dad along with me since you could pick another person to go with. I went up the day before right after dinner (from Cincinnati) and arrived at Sandusky at 9:30 p.m. Woke up the next day at 4 in the morning to get ready for the day. I didn't take long to get ready because I knew thing I was going to was something special. We left the hotel at 4:30 and arrived at the park at 4:55 and began our walk to Rougarou. I could hear the roar of Rougarou from the car.

Once we hit the area Rougarou is located we began to see a lot of news media (go figure  :) ).  We got in the line of people that were waiting to enter the entrance of Rougarou. I got to ride in the second train that went out once the line open. I rode Rougarou a total of 8 times that day and absolutely loved it. They did a very good job with the fog, light effects, sound effects, and the ride (of course). It was so cool hearing the noises and howls of Rougarou while on the ride and just looking at the ride. Here are a bunch of photos taken by me during the four hours I was there:

CBA5B0x.jpg

dEazB3x.jpg

k7vpBF6.jpgiGcRtt3.jpg4PMoUY5.jpgaJA6pcL.jpglCG3skz.jpgA8O6tXO.jpg

I am working on putting a video together with the video I got from the event. I will post it here when I am done.

• Like 9

It was a fun day for sure. I wish I went to the winter tour however it didn't align with my work schedule. Heard nothing but positives from everyone there though. I'll admit the sound and stuff by the first drop is a really awesome effect especially seeing the train whiz by and pull the mist behind it

• Like 2