Has Dinosaurs Alive ran it's course?

Coaster Addict

• 4 months later...

I went through Dinosaurs Alive for the first time in several months this last Sunday and I gotta say I was quite impressed with it. It seemed like almost every animation effect was working which was the best I have seen it in years. I wonder if this means that they have put a renewed effort into doing some upkeep on the ole reptilians to get them as a true attraction again.

• Like 5

It is used for the kids Halloween festivities, they dress them up in costumes. It used to be where they did the trick-or-treating as well. Never been a part of Haunt though, I believe they would still need to do the up-charge contractually (not that I've ever seen said contract) and I don't see many people in the Haunt crowd dropping money for that. Plus the motion sensors work much better during the day than they do at night.

• Like 1

We went through the kiddy Dino Haunt.

It was really cute, and the attendants were really sweet to the kids. 

I like the Dinos. I like the way they are set up on the landscape, though when I went, there was a critter making an abode inside the back of one.

(They also had a maze in Planet Snoopy, where they handed out stuff and candy at every turn.)

• Like 1

The only reason i would to go to Dinosaurs Alive is to pay the extra 2 dollars (would you have to pay that if you were a gold pass holder) to see the show in the Action Theatre, because I am too young to have experienced it during its run before they started using it for DA and Urgent Scare. You can see the whole thing on google street view!

I didn't notice till this weekend but it looks like the old original access point is boarded up. Which makes sense as WindSeeker was placed right in the middle of the pathway that went to it.

I guess I'm okay with a former building being given life as a haunt, but I miss that ride. It was such a unique experience and something more people could ride and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This may be a stupid question-- but I've never been able to find Action Theatre! Do I have to go through Dino's to get to it?

Don't feel bad- I found it once, then promptly lost it. I just figured it fell into a time Vortex.

• Like 4

I didn't notice till this weekend but it looks like the old original access point is boarded up. Which makes sense as WindSeeker was placed right in the middle of the pathway that went to it.

I guess I'm okay with a former building being given life as a haunt, but I miss that ride. It was such a unique experience and something more people could ride and enjoy.

I have mixed feelings about buildings being used only for Haunt. I think it's a waste of space, considering how little it would actually be used.

But I digress....

• Like 1

Also, three-quarters of our Theater is gutted and would most likely require a multi-million dollar renovation just to get it back to its original state as a motion simulator. One side has stationary bench seating; the other has multiple floors entirely removed. You would probably stand a better chance at renovating the former Enchanted Theater (which sits behind Great Pumpkin Coaster and houses CarnEvil) into a motion simulator theater (or a "4D" theater like the one at the Cincinnati Zoo).

• Like 2

Also, three-quarters of our Theater is gutted and would most likely require a multi-million dollar renovation just to get it back to its original state as a motion simulator. One side has stationary bench seating; the other has multiple floors entirely removed. You would probably stand a better chance at renovating the former Enchanted Theater (which sits behind Great Pumpkin Coaster and houses CarnEvil) into a motion simulator theater (or a "4D" theater like the one at the Cincinnati Zoo).

Carowinds has one side with stationary benches. The other side is just missing the original moving seats. The new moving seats will be entirely different from the original.
  • Like 1

I do believe that DA had a 5 year contract so they should be gone either this year or next year opening that section of the park for future expansion. DA itself just isn't anything spectacular IMO it isn't bad to get away from crowds if you have a gold pass but nothing to spend money on. If they kept the dinosaurs looking like new it would be 10x better because some of the dinosaurs are just torn to pieces.

I hate to say it but I would guess razing The Racer would be cheaper than leveling the land DA sits on for expansion. Which is why I'm okay with DA being there. We don't need a terrain hugging woody or park expansion in that area.

a terrain hugging B&M winged coaster would make a great X-Base addition in the Dinosaurs Alive location.