BoddaH1994

Poor, Poor Monster

I'm planning to go up there on Wednesday so I'll take a look then.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

If you didn't know any better, it would be hard to even know what you was looking at.

Looks like a big pile of scrap metal to me.

• Like 1

If you didn't know any better, it would be hard to even know what you was looking at.

Looks like a big pile of scrap metal to me.

Yeh- it just looks like one of Hedda Harper's hats for mourning.

I'm placing bets that it will come back all redux and lighty.

• Like 2

Maybe they will find a way to adapt it to load all of the seats at the same time too!

• Like 3

Huh, they must've closed it very recently. It was running when I was up there Memorial day.

• Like 3

^Sorry I wasn't that specific, I was talking about the one at Cedar Point.

My bad. :ph34r:

• Like 4

Cedar Point's Monster seemed operational on June 5th during CoasterMania!  At a minimum, it was not in any state of disassembly.

• Like 2

Cedar Point's Monster seemed operational on June 5th during CoasterMania!  At a minimum, it was not in any state of disassembly.

Not sure what time of day you saw it but when we were leaving after the night time ERT around midnight there were some ride mechanics removing a rather large piece from the central assembly. When we went by the next day the cover that they had taken off to remove the piece was still missing.. and no signs of it running any time that day (the 6th)

• Like 5

Welcome to KIC!

Thanks Terpy! More like a welcome back though. I used to be a member years ago, you and I would chat now and then too. I honestly for the life of me could not remember my username or which email I used haha.

• Like 4

I'd been seeing signs they were doing something the past couple times at the park, but nothing distinctive enough to bother posting about (like a little forklift sitting inside the fences, a construction hat and tools left sitting on the center section, etc). I guess they do the work mostly in the hours the park is closed because I never saw any actual people.

I'm so glad they're putting it back together now! I even had a dream earlier today when I took a nap that I saw it running with new LED lighting, although I know that hasn't happened (yet?).

• Like 6

And here I thought it was being redone to be all shiny and chrome and Valhalla.

• Like 2

I saw the nice, shiny welding sparks from up on the Eiffel Tower yesterday. It was good to see all the arms back on. I'm feeling a quick return to Monster goodness soon!

• Like 1

627388fc01e9505eb45c1738b0251eae.jpg0bb492637c41ce5eae73d877bbca7793.jpg

They were moving the arms some when I first saw them but locked the control box and walked away before I could get my phone out. Soon....

Edit: some cars are on. I bet it will be open by this weekend38f3d8370cf2db7d1d3010aca9e99b5d.jpg

• Like 6

Posts were lost, but the ride is back open as of Saturday.

Some pictures that were posted on June 17 by Bansheeback:

Some pictures from today. People were working on the motor. 9974356800e8fe9dbeea326c07aacb23.jpg52e00f386c38781ecf2789cad5bb1d08.jpg81337b8cbc92b5b971ec50fdc9a50015.jpg16a3973578ab4671cfdd5c9feeebfbb7.jpg

• Like 4

When I went on Monday the 22 it was operating with a maintenance guy sitting on the right side exit watching it with a bag of tools.

• Like 1