Things you first experienced at Kings Island

Magenta Lizard

On of my first memories ever was being around 2 or 3 years old (1980 or 81?) and riding the log flume at KI with my dad and him holding me up in the air in front of him going down the hill to make sure I got a full splash in the face.  It must have traumatized me for life, because I can still remember it vividly and how freaked out I was, lol.  I can also remember riding around in the blue plastic rental stollers and crying when the giant pink Snagglepuss character tried to hug me.

• Like 5

The memory of my first trip was as a teenager excited to go to KI its opening year. After years of riding Blue Streak at Cp I couldn't wait to ride Racer and it did not disappoint. Then there are the memories of Vortex its opening year, what a ride that was back then, as well as King Cobra its first year.

• Like 2

i remember my first visit of Kings Island in 1996 lol my parents lost me...i was 5 years old and we all stopped for a restroom break and me and my dad went in and did our buisness i came out of stall not seeing anybody...so i ran out it was the restrooms closest to The Beast and i flipped out ran thru the park crying trying to find dad and mom haha it was crazy on another note my dad somehow got me on The Beast the ride operator turned me down but as i was headed down the walk of shame for not being tall enough, the ride operator came and followed us and told my dad to hold my head. I remember riding it and it jarring the heck out of my head and shoulders but to this day i love The Beast! go figure! :rolleyes:  :D  :lol:  B)   

• Like 3

Random memory: I remember the first time I rode the Wild Thornberry Log Ride, it was fun at first, until a loud voice nearly scared the daylights out of me, when you went into the that Powder Magazine thing, (this is before RFYLCB.) Then there was monkeys and that snake! I hated that snake, (the one with mist coming out of its mouth.) But I did like the part when you go down the hill and the elephant squirted you. But for a few years, I closed my eyes for a majority of the time. Now that I'm older, I think it would be cool if the animal effects would be awesome on RFYLCB, I would love to see these return to the ride.

• Like 2