https://thewilds.columbuszoo.org/

Just saw an ad for this on this site and am thinking of taking a trip up there at some point this summer, especially since it's only a 3-hour drive from here and it's only $20 for a safari tour. Has anyone here ever been there? I've never even heard of it before but it looks pretty cool.

• Like 2

Conveniently you have two (yup two) Muskies on this board.  And as Muskies we have been there as its a part of the great Muskie way... 

Yes I have been there.  It is really a unique experience to drive through an animal preserve and to be sometimes very very close to the animals.  The wife and I are planning a trip for the fall or next spring to do a night there in one of their cabins. 

Its amazing that this is located in the middle of Ohio....

• Like 2

I was actually here for the first time this past weekend, which is kind of strange considering I grew up in Zanesville and used to work for the corporation that donated all of the land (and they were always encouraging us to visit...)  We did the zip line tour and it was a blast! The first time I had ever zip lined and loved it.

I didn't get to do the full safari experience, but saw quite a few animals...it's a cool facility. It feels really hard to believe you're in Southeastern Ohio!

From what I've heard from others, the operational professionalism has really stepped up since the Columbus Zoo began managing operations and back-office functions several years back...

• Like 5

My wife and I went several years ago. I can't remember which tour it was, but they went off the trail and drove us right up to most of the animals. It cost extra but it was worth every penny. You haven't lived until you smell a rhino fart (or have it try to chew your side view mirror!)

• Like 3