As long as I can get Mountain Dew or Mello Yello, I don't care whether Frisch's (or any other restaurant for that matter) carries Pepsi or Coke products.

The problem is that Mountain Dew is a staple of the Pepsi lineup, and you will virtually never find a place that offers Pepsi but not Mountain Dew. The same cannot be said for Coke and Mello Yello.

• Like 1

I prefer Coke (in fact, I'm finishing up a Vanilla Coke as I type this...), but I did a taste test one time and Pepsi apparently won. As for Frisch's serving Coke products, I see this as a good thing as I either get Sprite or a glass of milk when I go out to eat. At eating establishments that only serve Pepsi products, I'll most likely get Mountain Dew rather than getting a Sierra Mist (Pepsi equivalent to Sprite). I've veered from this trend at my old college food service job as  I did like the fountain Pepsi.

I don't think I've ever tried Surge, but I'd love to. I remember there was someone in one of my college classes that brought in a can of Surge from time to time and I really wanted him to share. I don't remember if I ever actually asked him about sharing, but he did tell me that it was available on Amazon.

For the record Pepsi is, and always will be, better. 

Only if you're comparing Wild Cherry Pepsi Made With Real Sugar to Coca-Cola Cherry (made with high-fructose corn syrup).  The Coca-Cola Company has yet to come out with a Coca-Cola Cherry variant containing sugar (preferably of the cane variety).  Oh what a glorious day that would be.

I like both Coke and Pepsi but prefer Coke. Prefer Sierra Mist to Sprite but can drink either one just fine. Dr. Pepper is good. Root Beer is better than all of it.

Mt Dew? Please keep that nasty stuff away from me. Much like Beer, I have no idea how people can drink it without wanting to puke. I can drink Mello Yello easier but prefer not to.

As for Frisch's, we had one back in Elizabethtown for a couple years. The food quality slowly slid into the crapper and the place quietly closed down. 

I love the Buddy Boy sandwich.

• Like 2

I prefer Coke (in fact, I'm finishing up a Vanilla Coke as I type this...), but I did a taste test one time and Pepsi apparently won. As for Frisch's serving Coke products, I see this as a good thing as I either get Sprite or a glass of milk when I go out to eat. At eating establishments that only serve Pepsi products, I'll most likely get Mountain Dew rather than getting a Sierra Mist (Pepsi equivalent to Sprite). I've veered from this trend at my old college food service job as  I did like the fountain Pepsi.

Pepsi (and sweet wines) almost always win taste tests.  Our brains are wired to enjoy the sweeter taste better than anything else.  So in a taste test (usually not whole cans or bottles) the sweeter will always win.... Pepsi is sweeter than Coke.

• Like 1

People like Coke because they see it more and want to fit in with the status quo and not be different from anyone else, regardless of whether they know they prefer the taste of one over the other.

Taste testing could allow some people to realize what they like more....and possibly influence large companies (like Cedar Fair, perhaps) to switch to the premium cola. And it's superior counterparts (namely Mountain Dew and Mug).

It is beginning to sadden me that one cannot talk about Frisch's and its struggling state without at least mentioning its Coke-to-Pepsi switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

People like Coke because they see it more and want to fit in with the status quo and not be different from anyone else, regardless of whether they know they prefer the taste of one over the other.

Taste testing could allow some people to realize what they like more....and possibly influence large companies (like Cedar Fair, perhaps) to switch to the premium cola. And it's superior counterparts (namely Mountain Dew and Mug).

It is beginning to sadden me that one cannot talk about Frisch's and its struggling state without at least mentioning its Coke-to-Pepsi switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well actually... in taste tests (taste tests are small sips not whole drinks) the human brain releases more dopamine.  The thing that releases the most dopamine is perceived as having a better taste.  Many Sweet Wines have won blind and double blind taste tests.  Its the same reason if you taste something at the store it tastes different than when you get it home and eat more than a taste.  

I wrote another big long winded response, but just stopped caring midway through it.  Believe what you want about people following the herd....

Frisch's switch to Pepsi was big shift for many people...

• Like 1