Cirque Imagine 2015

Magenta Lizard

When I was there on July 2, I sat in the front row in the right section in the seat closest to one of the inner aisles. It was so cool seeing it from that close, and even a little scary when Trevor (the bicyclist) rode straight at me with the illusion he was going to run into me! :lol: it was a cool experience. I see why some people wait a while to go in even before the doors open!

• Like 5

Off the Charts is a good show, but I think it benefits heavily from having real instruments played instead of a soundtrack like the other shows. I do think the shows need a bit more variety though, comedy show, dance show, animal show, whatever.

• Like 6

Off The Charts' performers nail it consistently. It's very good, amusement park-level entertainment (Catch their rendition of "Something in the Water" by Carrie Underwood; for it's a wow!). The band is amazingly tight and has a very robust, professional sound.  One of the male singers sounds like he struggles a bit with Michael Buble's "It's a Beautiful Day," and the "Solid Gold '79" dance routines seem a bit cheesy, but it's family entertainment, and I've seen many families enjoy every show all the way through, which is a good thing. Their family-ized version of Mark Ronson's "Uptown Funk" is a bit bold, and it tends to thin out the "hip" youths in the audience a little bit, but those who stick around are treated to awesome moves and harmonies, and a jazzy rendition by the band that really packs a punch!

Cirque Imagine is simply world-class, period. It's the Cadillac of this year's regularly-scheduled entertainment.

The Festhaus shows are "samplers" of nostalgic songs, sometimes segued one-right-into-the-other, usually mid-stanza, and at a tempo that seems intended for delivering "high energy," but comes off as rushed. They're "cute," and have a high-school glee club feel to them. The music is canned, and doesn't really "explode" onto the stage as announced (although it can be loud). Afficionados of classic rock might long for more bass and more crunch instead of horns and high-harmonies, but the talented kids do enough to entertain the big, air-conditioned food place.  The use of "strobe lighting" and "other lighting effects" adds that touch of "pizzazz" to the shows that fills in somewhat for the lack of a band. Fans of the old "High kick and spin" dance moves of the "Carmine Ragusa" 1970's will appreciate the family atmosphere of these little gems!

• Like 4

I went to Cirque Imagine and the Festhaus, both had packed houses and everyone enjoyed both shows. Cirque Imagine was better but I'm still glad I went to the Festhaus. I walked pass and listened to Off The Charts for a little while, it was full too. It's nice they have this other entertainment, for those that aren't into extreme coasters.

• Like 5

I'm concerned about the smaller of the trapeze twins, Shannon.

LoraX told me the trapeze act didn't perform at the third show Monday, although she saw them in makeup around the theater. Tuesday is their day off, then yesterday there was no trapeze for the first two shows. At the final show of the night, Evelyn, the taller of the two performers, came out and did a solo act. It was good, but appeared to be a little hastily choreographed and lacked the smoothness that would come from practice (unsurprisingly considering she's only had two days to work on it).

When they just weren't performing, I had hoped it was just a minor injury or exhaustion, but if they went to the trouble to create a solo act, I'm worried Shannon is hurt enough that she'll be out awhile. I really hope that isn't true.

• Like 7

Oh my goodness I'm depressed now! We are going out of town the weekend of the last show! I can't believe we're going to miss it.

Coincidently , I am starting Cirque Imagine Anonymous. We are going to through serious withdrawal. My kids love to go up there just to watch all the showings they perform in a day. The level of play at my house is insaneM they pretend to be them all the time. My youngest even sets up a table and mats to be the clowns, and loves to pretend to be Trevor on his bike!

Trust me, I'm trying. I know the park knows the set list. Everything is available so far for purchase or listening through some online service. Just having trouble finding the last bit.

It was used during Skeleton Crew at Kings Island last year as well. No surprise given Haut Vol does both productions

• Like 1

Caught the show Saturday and was a solo trapeze act.  Shannon was not there.  I asked one of the ushers if she was ok and the usher did not know what had happened.  Hope you are ok Shannon. 

• Like 2

Shannon performed the third show yesterday, which as far as I know was the first one since her injury. Because I've watched the show a lot, and knew she had hurt her back, I could see she was treating her back a little more gently at some points, but it was also clearly not a severe injury with all of the positions she is still able to take.

As much as I missed her and am happy she is back, I enjoyed the single shows. It is easier to take for granted Evelyn's incredible strength and grace when there is a second performer, but her solo performances brought her incredible skills to the forefront.

• Like 4