Cirque Imagine 2015

Magenta Lizard

I've been wondering forever what the translation is of the line that's said after the "mountain" starts lighting up. It's always sounded like "clack clack clack clack, je poisson" to me, which, translated, means "I fish." Except it's the noun kind of fish and not the verb kind of fish, which isn't grammatically correct. And, regardless of grammar, it doesn't make sense for that show to be talking about fish.

I saw the 7:00pm show last night, and they enunciated a little more, or else I happened to understand what I heard more than normal. I think I have a better idea of what's said--I think it's "je pleure seul," "j'ai peur seul," or "j'suis pas seul." Translated respectively, that would be "I cry alone," something along the lines of "I feel nothing but fear," and "I'm not alone." I personally am leaning towards the last one because it would make the most sense at that point in the show and uses what I understand to be Canadian slang (j'suis), but unless they're really not enunciating, the beginning of that line does not sound the way "j'suis" sounds in my head. It sounds like "je ____ seul," but I can't seem to find a verb that fits there that makes sense to say.

The performers do such a good job with that scene that it doesn't need a translation. That's one of many reasons I'm really going to miss Cirque when it leaves. I'm just very curious to know what the lines are. :)

• Like 3

It's driven me crazy too. I always thought it sounded like "je pas" something. I looked up once, and found a reference to a phrase "poisson-parroquet" (fish-parrot) that I think they use a bit like we use scaredy cat, and thought maybe he shortened it even more but I'm not convinced.

Then there is also "plank de bastooo-oui!!!" before the teeter totter. It may be "plank de Bastille" I suppose. When he goes to explain how it works, I kind of think he says "ca va 'cool', oui!" or roughly "it'll be cool, yes!"

I am so rusty on French and had so little to begin with, that I don't have a chance of understanding it, but I feel like I should.

• Like 3

I saw the show for the first time of the season on Wednesday and it was very, very impressive. I liked the new trapeze act and the other returning acts. One of the ushers also did an incredible job keeping the kiddos around us entertained and energized for the show until it started. 

• Like 2

It's driven me crazy too. I always thought it sounded like "je pas" something. I looked up once, and found a reference to a phrase "poisson-parroquet" (fish-parrot) that I think they use a bit like we use scaredy cat, and thought maybe he shortened it even more but I'm not convinced.

Then there is also "plank de bastooo-oui!!!" before the teeter totter. It may be "plank de Bastille" I suppose. When he goes to explain how it works, I kind of think he says "ca va 'cool', oui!" or roughly "it'll be cool, yes!"

I am so rusty on French and had so little to begin with, that I don't have a chance of understanding it, but I feel like I should.

You seem to know these guys better than most. Why don't you ask them after a show? In fact, that's your homework this week. :)
  • Like 8

When is Cirque's final day? I want to try to visit the park one last time before the show ends to see it (hopefully) couple times.

faeriewench... who has been very busy this summer.

Sunday, August 16, per the park's response to a tweet I sent them earlier this month.

• Like 4

Ok. Finally asked Thomas what he says. He said it meant "I don't like this" : "Je n'aime pas cela" (or possibly "I don't like that" : "Je n'aime pas ça"). He also found it funny when LoraX mentioned we discussed it here and thought he said something about fish.

We also got to take pics with the whole cast, which is an unusual treat.

• Like 7

I also asked him what he says just before the teeter totter part and he says it's essentially "it's teeter totter time."

I apologized to Thomas during this conversation because I laugh when he cries. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh every time. He said that's fine, but I am heartless.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Whoa... I just looked up the Live Entertainment page on KI's website.  All of the shows are now weekends only with the exception of Cirque.  Hard to believe it's already that late in the season.

I still have yet to see Off the Charts and Down Home Country this year, and I've only seen Cirque once so far this year.  Since my weekends have been and will continue to be busy for the forseeable future, I was hoping to maybe go up some weekday evening to see them.  For Cirque that's fine if I can go this week, but it looks like I'll have to try to find time on a weekend if I want to see the others.

• Like 5

Ok. Finally asked Thomas what he says. He said it meant "I don't like this" : "Je n'aime pas cela" (or possibly "I don't like that" : "Je n'aime pas ça"). He also found it funny when LoraX mentioned we discussed it here and thought he said something about fish.

We also got to take pics with the whole cast, which is an unusual treat.

I also asked him what he says just before the teeter totter part and he says it's essentially "it's teeter totter time."

I apologized to Thomas during this conversation because I laugh when he cries. I don't know why, but it makes me laugh every time. He said that's fine, but I am heartless.

You guys are the best. Thanks for asking and reporting back here! :)

Also, for what it's worth: the French translation of teeter totter is "jeu de bascule." So that line could be something like "C'est la jeu de bascule!"

• Like 4

I actually love this show!

I've seen the show only six times this season; it moves me literally to geek-out tears every time (the transition to the dream-like music when the Aerial Silk dancer emerges from the cave is such an amazingly perfect song - and visual (the long train) - in every way, and then her performance... it's simply too hard to articulate unprecedented levels of being impressed.)

That loud "clack" of the collapsing rails as one huge prop moves (I'm sparing details to prevent spoilers) scares me every... single... time!

• Like 8

I've seen the show a lot (I would venture to guess 140+ times, but I am at the park pretty much daily). I am still amazed at how much talent every single performer has. The one thing I really love about the show is how well everyone interacts with one another. I am not looking forward to Sunday's last show, however if you saw the last show last season, we maybe in for an awesome treat.

• Like 8

At most Broadway shows I've attended, patrons are allowed to bring flowers to toss onstage at the end of the performance.  The performers usually place them in a vase backstage and keep them in the dressing rooms.  The tradition isn't dead yet!

• Like 7

Just back from the 5:00 show, with two friends who've never seen it. The performers nailed it - every routine (as they have done consistently every single time I've seen it!) My friends said it was awesome; a very neat show! This was a good audience, too, with "wow!" and "cool" coming from all over the auditorium. A grandmotherly woman in front of us, who was speaking Italian to the children that were with her, was cheering "Bravo!" More geek tears (darn it!  :lol: ). I second the Italian lady: "Bravo!"

• Like 9

I spoke to a supervisor here at KI. Park policy states employees cannot accept gifts, however the technicality is the performers are not park employees.

Acceptable things are cards, pictures, thank you notes, etc. Going to guest services can be better than any gift given. The feedback WILL be shared with the cast and crew and they have been amazed at the things that people have said through guest services.

Flowers and the like can be ok, just do not throw them on stage.

The best opportunity will be after the 5:00 show since it is the last meet and greet of the season.

• Like 6

I sincerely take back every negative thing I've ever said on here or anywhere else about the shows at this park.

These people (all of them- "Let It Rock," the Country show, "Off the Charts," etc. -- all of them) have more talent in one hair follicle than I have in my entire body, and they do it all, day-in-and-day-out, consistently, with heart and pride that I simply cannot do anything other than admire fully.

I had been in a cynical, hard-hearted mood for awhile, and going to Kings Island always helps. Something about this particular show really, really warms the heart, and just being among happy audience members, being amazed by these clowns (ha ha), has really been a healing thing. The bycrobat, aerial silk and trapeze performers' work thrills beyond the capacity of the very word, and that ring bit-- :blink:  I was getting used to the sheer joy of watching the performers, and watching each audience's reactions.

Then, about 15 minutes before about my fourth or fifth viewing of this show, one of the Clown-Acrobats came out onto the stage, and performed a "mini-Cirque" with a tiny performer, (I would guess maybe his daughter) complete with clown makeup, and she did the "Tada!" gesture, to uproarious applause from the still-filling house.  Suddenly, Cirque Imagine was much more than just a series of awesome, choreographed maneuvers; it revealed itself as a family. I realized that the love for their craft seems much deeper than just routine performances. The love going from the audience to the stage was transformative to behold, and the experience was far richer and more amazing from then on. This softened heart now beams with a new appreciation for these and all the entertainers.

You see, movies and TV shows can be watched over and over again for decades, but shows of this type, experienced live, amid so much positive energy, are precious "nows" that we'll never get back. Enjoy these, and stand and cheer and clap loudly!

• Like 10

I'm thinking going either Saturday or Sunday just to see the show . If I go Saturday it be after work, what are the show times usually for Saturday? Sunday is possible... though I just hate going all the way back to the area on my off days.

Saturday showtimes are 1:30, 3:30, 5:00, and 7:00. Meet-and-greets are done after the 1:30 and 5:00 shows.

• Like 5

TB- The mini-Cirque is Nico's daughter. She's 2 years old. I think that moment when he brought her out on stage while his wife sat in the front row recording it (beaming with pride over both of them) touched me more than any other "thing" I have seen in any performance any where. It was a very sweet and moving experience.

• Like 7