Cirque Imagine 2015

Magenta Lizard

You see, movies and TV shows can be watched over and over again for decades, but shows of this type, experienced live, amid so much positive energy, are precious "nows" that we'll never get back. Enjoy these, and stand and cheer and clap loudly!

Are you /trying/ to make me cry? I am going to miss this show, and these young people, so much. There is no doubt their lives will be filled with success in their careers, though.

My husband was at the park with me yesterday, for only the second time this season. Because it is the last week of Cirque, I "made" him watch all three shows with me. He still doesn't quite "get" it (although he likes the show, he doesn't really understand why watching it multiple times in a day is still interesting to me). But he told me he was watching me during the show and he could tell I'm really emotionally invested in the performers. Which is kind of a big deal for me, because, having been hurt in the past, I withdrew from people and avoided caring about anyone for a long time. Luckily nobody did any of their scary things (the fast plummet on the silks, the more difficult dismount from the trapeze) so he didn't see me terrified.

All in all, I love this show, and Kings Island will lose just a bit of its sparkle when it ends.

• Like 7

My husband was at the park with me yesterday, for only the second time this season. Because it is the last week of Cirque, I "made" him watch all three shows with me. He still doesn't quite "get" it

I know what you mean.  I dragged Mrs. Gator & GatorGirl to see it this year.  Their reactions: "It's the same as last year," and "Once was enough, I don't need to see it again."  My reactions to their reactions: "No it's not, the basic premise is the same but there are different acts and it changes quite a bit throughout the season," and "WHAT?!?!?" 

So now one of my favorite things to do is this: We watch America's Got Talent every week.  Whenever an acrobat performs on that show, I say "It's the same as last time they were on.  I've already seen it once, I don't need to see it again," just to get my digs in at them.

I saw Cirque four times last year, but this summer's been busier and I've only managed to see it once this year (with only 8 visits to the park this year compared to 15 at this time last year).  We won tickets to the Cincinnati Zoo and we're planning on going there this Sunday, hopefully we'll be done in time to swing up to KI for the final performance... or at least me, the Gatorettes can do their own thing if they don't want to see it again. 

EDIT: Re-reading this post, it sounds like I'm very bitter towards the Gatorettes.  I assure you, I'm not.  To each their own, I just like to tease them a little about not liking the show as much as I do and as much as a lot of people here do too!

• Like 7

^maybe Sam temporarily took over a portion of your post.

I was told today that the final show is not to be missed. I do not have details beyond that, but if it's like last year, it will be the best show of the season. With how well they react to one another and how frequently the clowns pick on Trevor, Jeff and Nate (especially Nate, the shorter trampoline guy), it should be quite the performance.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

• Like 5

We went to the 5:00 and 7:00 today. This was our third and fourth show of the season. The 5:00 show absolutely blew me away. There was something special about it, a lot of small nuances that we hadn't noticed before, the facial expressions, just everything. I was tearful at the end, knowing this would be our last show of the year and possibly for even longer. This cast is special.

Slightly random question: During each of the four shows we attended this summer, the same man was sitting in the same seat (left center-front row/the one that gets the bike to the belly). I figured anyone that loves KI and Cirque that much perhaps is a member here. Or, it could just be an odd coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

His name is Paul. He was also at many Ed Alonzo shows as well. Days he's at the park he sits in front of the theater an hour or more before they open the doors. I do not know if he's a member here, but will presume probably not.

• Like 6

^maybe Sam temporarily took over a portion of your post.

I was told today that the final show is not to be missed. I do not have details beyond that, but if it's like last year, it will be the best show of the season. With how well they react to one another and how frequently the clowns pick on Trevor, Jeff and Nate (especially Nate, the shorter trampoline guy), it should be quite the performance.

You just got me really excited for tomorrow (not that I'm not already excited for tomorrow)!  :D I'll be at the park for all 3 shows (something I don't normally do, but I'm doing this because it's the last show(s)- I usually only see it once a visit), plus hoping to get a few rides in (specifically Beast and/or Bat) either before or between shows.

• Like 3

I love them so much :) A truly great family.

I've been working on doing my nails for tomorrow. I realized earlier today there are ten performers this year (5 clowns including the princess, 5 in black and silver) and I have ten fingers, so I decided to print each nail to correspond to a performer. And then print the words "cirque imagine" across each hand. I only have them base painted so far, but I'll share pictures when they're done, along with explanations of why I chose the designs.

• Like 6

This year's cirque nails

b552515e6b00d1480e991d7a04164c11.jpg

C and R represent Shannon and Evelyne (from the trapeze), I chose a different snakeskin for each of them, because I've always considered them the twin dragons.

"I" is Thomas the clown. The zig-zagging lines remind me of how he traces the form of a "woman" while saying "ooh la la!"

Q represents Mikey the clown. The banners reminded me of the little handkerchief he uses.

"UE" is little bikes for Trevor the Bycrobat.

"IM" is rings, for Nico the clown

"A" represents Nathan from the trampoline. I chose a design featuring shamrocks because when he jumps and clicks his heels together it has always reminded me of a leprechaun

"GI" is Philip the clown. The smiling jumping character reminded me of his enthusiasm

N is Jeff from the trampoline. It is a scowling Japanese mask to represent the faces he likes to pull to scare the clowns

E is for Alana, the princess. Flowers that mimic her makeup and the bouquet she receives at the end of the show.

• Like 12

Great job on your nails. I still have doubts that Thomas has seen a real woman, but any other way he would do that part would not make me laugh as much.

They still amaze me with their talent. Over the past few days Nico has managed to perform new things on the ring. Nate has been able to show off his talent on the trampoline. I know what each of them do in the show is only a drop in the bucket compared to what they can fully do.

Last 3 shows of the season are today at 3:00, 5:00 and 7:00

• Like 6

I watched the 5:00 show with Beastie1980 and it was the BEST of the shows I've seen. The clowns did so many funny things, including falling off the little tricycle and doing a funny dance, and also one of them snorted after shouting "NICOOOO!" (That's just two of them!)

I also saw LoraX, DiamondAceExpress, faeriewench and MDMC01 afterward before scooting off to ride Vortex for the 273rd time.

It was a great time!

611690af587693559b46219a2ddf805f.jpg

Edit: I also got some still photos during the show (assuming they were allowed).

Sent from my fabulous iPod touch using an app that starts with "T"

• Like 9

Saw the 5 and 7 shows today and they were both fantastic. I got my picture taken with the two women on the trapeze after the 5 PM show as this has been my favorite part of the show this season!  :D I also got to talk to Shannon (I think- it was the shorter of the two) after a few of performers (two clowns + Shannon and Trevor) came out to greet people near the theater after the show. I really liked this show this year, and I wish these talented people the best at whatever they do and wherever they decide to go next. Here's to Cirque 2015!

• Like 6

207 shows out of 235 this season and I am far more impressed today than their 1st media day in 2014. Their stamina, talent, athleticism are simply amazing.

Tonight I expected a different show like last year, but it was better. Various times they showed they love their fans throughout the show. Saw performers tear up. They love what they do (and they obviously loved the summer at Kings Island.)

The crew - ushers to stage hands to their fearless leader, they have been one of the best crews to get to know. So many shows with minimal flaws. Their hardwork made this a wonderful season.

• Like 13

I'm a little emotional about it, but at this point, it feels like the end of one of the best books I've ever read. Cirque Imagine sits up there with experiences like Tomb Raider: The Ride for me, where you can feel the passion of everyone involved, savor it, and learn from it. It means so much more than that to me, too, but I truthfully don't know how to put it into words. It's something I'm going to hold onto for a very, very long time. I am so thankful for Kings Island for their decision to present this show, for Les Productions Haut-Vol for the amazing work they put into the show, and for the performers for their commitment to quality AND storytelling AND hard work AND fun. Truly, truly an amazing experience. Wow. I sincerely felt goosebumps every time I saw it, and, despite my typical interests, there is very, very little that manages to do that for me continually. I really cannot say enough good.

If I were entirely honest, a very large influence on what parks I visit next year will be which parks have Haut-Vol productions (and especially other variations of Cirque Imagine/Cirque Ambiente.) If I could, I'd already have plans to be at Seabreeze and Canada's Wonderland later this year for their respective shows.

Kings Island folks (including Don or Sara), if you are reading this: I am begging you to consider bringing a variation of Canada's Wonderland's Dimensions: A Cirque Experience (or another cirque-related experience) to the park in the near future.

• Like 8

The thing that impressed me the most with the Cirque shows this year and last is that the performers really seem to enjoy what they are doing. There is a certain spark that you can't fake. Their athleticism and skill is beyond impressive but the humor and personality really brings the show to life.

I've yet to see any other experience have all three kids completely silent and focused on the stage. If you see these kids elsewhere, you wouldn't believe it...but my oh my, how those performers manage to weave a spell over them. :)

• Like 9

For the last meet and greet I had written a little handmade card for the whole cast as a token of appreciation (Beastie1980 had also drawn pictures of a few cast members as her token of appreciation), and I gave it to Nico, who (and another performer) gave me a high five and a big thank you.

The same night, I found a little surprise. Trevor the Bycrobat has an Instagram account (@bycrobat) and he had taken a picture of it and posted it!

6f337db7215f8b83447c0a5d573d2361.jpg

41372b94baefc7deb565f2d3df1df3c4.jpg

Included in the picture was also a CincinnatiCircus.com business card, since I had mentioned in the letter that I wanted to learn how they do some acts (like the aerial silk) and maybe try that myself someday.

It made my night! I wasn't expecting it to be shown on Instagram...I'm so glad they loved it!! :D

Sent from my fabulous iPod touch using an app that starts with "T"

• Like 11

Looks like someone that was banned from this site last year for actions regarding the show is now trying to get banned from the park (if they decide to do anything about it).  In Terpy fashion, this is my cryptic message and folks familiar with the situation can probably figure out what the issue is... 

• Like 4