Cirque Imagine 2015

Magenta Lizard

Ok, I think I have figured out why this year's tallest clown looks familiar.

From this review of last year's show

http://www.fansofkientertainment.com/?p=609

Scroll down to the final picture, the young man in black and silver standing next to Trevor the Bycrobat. Same smile. I don't remember what acts he did in the show at that part of the season, but I'm pretty sure that's him.

See also: https://fbcdn-photos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-0/10350502_574206819368482_6717114249478491239_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e2ad93dba38a45126026461ea9f293e9&oe=56042A07&__gda__=1443742427_64d14281cb1f9ba80d7b9a875a4faa1a

He was also the other longer haired clown who came in late last season. In the very back of that pic. Who last year (I've been rereading the threads), I thought was named Philip. Which leads me to ask: what is the name of the one playing Nico now, who as far as I know also did Ring in Skeleton Crew last fall? I thought /that/ was Philip. :-/

It's also interesting to note that the same one playing Nico this year was definitely the original Nico last year, who got injured so early in the season I never had a chance to see him in the role.

Sorry to keep editing this post. I remember a cast list that was on Cirque Imagine's Facebook (that I pasted in last year's Cirque discussion thread) that listed Nico Bellemare on Ring. Because I missed the shows before he was injured and only ever saw two young women perform the ring, I assumed that coincidentally the first woman's real name was Nico. Is it really so simple that the young man who started both seasons as "Nico" is actually named Nico? (Edit: yes, exactly that simple http://www.larepubliqueinternationaledesarts.com/best-filming-subcategory-nico-b/) Gosh I feel stupid now.

The same cast list suggests this year's white clown (last year's Hand2Hand performer) is named Alana Moggridge.

• Like 4

I could watch Cirque over and over... And have done so already. I didn't think they could do it, but they actually made the show even better than last year. The new scenes are fantastic and all of my favorites from last year remained.

The two ladies on the trapeze DEFINITELY steal the show. Such incredible talent.

• Like 5

Perhaps some of the members on here could try to get some of the cast members to attend a meetup in Columbus on a Tues in June (when the show is dark) to see their grown up "cousins" perform in Cirque Du Soleil's Kooza, appearing under Le Grande Chapateu at SPARC (former site of Clippers stadium).  The show runs June 3-28.

• Like 1

For those thinking of going to see Cirque du Soleil Kooza in C-bus, I'd highly recommend it!  My experience there this past Friday was a bit strange in that the first half was riveting, but, at intermission, noticed very dark storm clouds over the tents. (the show is in the old parking lot of Cooper Stadium-with whats left of the ballpark rotting behind it)  The break was billed as about 25 minutes, but due to the approaching storm, was extended. Unfortunately for my girlfiriend and me, after about an hour, an announcement was made that the second half of the show was cancelled due to more storms in the area.  But, in quick order, vouchers were distributed instructing us to call their customer service number in the morning for rebooking.  We called the next morning and got comp tickets for our next available date (June 26) in slightly better seats no less (the tent seats about 2500 but every seat is very close to the stage).

If you go, do be aware that there isn't a lot of room between seats and its a bit of a tight squeeze, but nothing onerous.  Once the show begins, you'll forget all about it.  The first act featured trapeze artists, contortionists and a high wire act with a couple of small clown bits to break up the pace.  Since Cirque shows only have a loose plot, as best as I could gather, there is a main character (a boy) who feels lonely and unwanted until a second character appears (the program calls him the Trickster) and takes him to places featuring the acts listed above that dazzle and make him a part of their circle.  I'll post a review of the second act after I get to see it all the way through in a few weeks!  One more thing--If you use social media to "check in" at the show, go to the merch tent and show the cashier proof of this and you'll be given a clown nose (one per person).

On the way home the next day we made a stop at the Island for several hours and caught the new Cirque Imagine show, which is still great! After seeing some of the new acts, I firmly believe that some of those kids, with more seasoning, could easily end up as Cirque performers in shows all over the world. 

• Like 5

Got to watch this for the first time this year over the weekend. Wasn't sure if I'd get to as my group I was with were more into the coasters than a show but one was feeling a bit poor after Firehawk so we went to watch it while the other did FoF. Just as great as last year and love the new trapeze act and the silks. Also wish that there were some more new acts but what is there is fantastic. Though they coudl still change it up some as there were changes made during the season last year so might get some mroe new acts later in the season. Hoping we will ahve a new Skeleton Crew show at Halloween Haunt again this year too.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

From the Cirque Imagine Facebook page:

e3eda44ece6e17a73b60dc17081c4b8b.jpg

Ok, I think I finally have this straight.

The one clown that is alternately called Mikey or Mickey by the others, I get that he is the "Mike" listed. Philip, from last year's show, is listed as "Phi" here. Nico-the original Nico- who was injured before I saw him last summer, and whose real name is Nicolas is listed on Ring but not table. Which leaves the only clown I hadn't yet identified as being Thomas or Jeff...

I've learned the taller man in black and silver is named Jeff, so that suggests the fourth clown is Thomas. Doesn't explain why Nico isn't listed on one of his acts, but it seems to fit, there must have been some sort of change in plans (or changes will happen as the season progresses). The other man in black and silver must be Nathan.

Alanna's name I knew from when she was doing Hand2hand. I also knew Trevor's from last season.

Curious to know which is which of Shannon and Evelyn.

• Like 3

For those thinking of going to see Cirque du Soleil Kooza in C-bus, I'd highly recommend it!  My experience there this past Friday was a bit strange in that the first half was riveting, but, at intermission, noticed very dark storm clouds over the tents. (the show is in the old parking lot of Cooper Stadium-with whats left of the ballpark rotting behind it)  The break was billed as about 25 minutes, but due to the approaching storm, was extended. Unfortunately for my girlfiriend and me, after about an hour, an announcement was made that the second half of the show was cancelled due to more storms in the area.  But, in quick order, vouchers were distributed instructing us to call their customer service number in the morning for rebooking.  We called the next morning and got comp tickets for our next available date (June 26) in slightly better seats no less (the tent seats about 2500 but every seat is very close to the stage).

If you go, do be aware that there isn't a lot of room between seats and its a bit of a tight squeeze, but nothing onerous.  Once the show begins, you'll forget all about it.  The first act featured trapeze artists, contortionists and a high wire act with a couple of small clown bits to break up the pace.  Since Cirque shows only have a loose plot, as best as I could gather, there is a main character (a boy) who feels lonely and unwanted until a second character appears (the program calls him the Trickster) and takes him to places featuring the acts listed above that dazzle and make him a part of their circle.  I'll post a review of the second act after I get to see it all the way through in a few weeks!  One more thing--If you use social media to "check in" at the show, go to the merch tent and show the cashier proof of this and you'll be given a clown nose (one per person).

On the way home the next day we made a stop at the Island for several hours and caught the new Cirque Imagine show, which is still great! After seeing some of the new acts, I firmly believe that some of those kids, with more seasoning, could easily end up as Cirque performers in shows all over the world. 

I was finally able to catch the whole Kooza show this past Friday in C-bus.  The second half was even more stunning than the first.  After a warm up featuring the main characters dressed in costumes resembling Day of the Dead, the wheel of death act was first, featuring two men on hamster wheels doing stunts both inside and outside while they rotated the apparatus.  Following that there was a woman who was able to contort her body to spin multiple hula hoops at a time.  Another clown act followed, after which an acrobat stacked 10 chairs end to end on top of each other and proceeded to do a balancing act at the top.  

The grand finale, however, was nothing short of amazing- a large cast of acrobats brought out a giant teeter totter, on which they jumped from dizzying heights while doing flips in the air.  The icing however, was when 2 men and 1 woman came out on stilts and proceeded to get on one end of the teeter totter.  A group then jumped on the other end, and the people did several flips in the air and landed PERFECTLY upright on the mat one after the other.  They did this several times, leaving the whole crowd breathless.  

The show runs for 1 more week and I can't recommend it enough for those who are on the fence.  Tickets can be had for $35 (and even a bit less with a AAA discount code that can be used when buying from the Cirque website) and every seat is close to the stage.  Run, don't walk to see the show!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We saw the 3pm show tonight. Great as always!

My sister and the kids saw the Haunt show on Sundays last fall and really enjoyed it. I mentioned there was a similar show and they were all excited to go. During the show, I looked over several times to see their reactions. I don't think I've ever seen the kids so still and focused on the same thing all at the same time. It was neat to see them so enthralled.

Favorite parts per their words - the girls (from the youngest nephew), the clowns! (both nephew) and the princess (the niece - and she means the woman with the aerial ribbons).

I asked if they wanted to say hi afterwards and got an immediate yes from the niece. She can be a bit shy with new people so I was surprised. She sat for a picture and gave the "princess" a high five. She was so happy!

Which brings me to a huge thank you to the Cirque Imagine team. I can imagine that after such a physically demanding show, they would just love to rest up for their next show. However, they come out with big smiles for those waiting to meet them and take pictures. It may seem minor but that is impressive. I know how that sticks with kids and I'm sure my niece will talk about her high-five all summer. Maybe she will get up enough courage to say something to the princess next time.

• Like 7