Flight of Fear questions

Seafire

Going to KI on Wednesday and I'm going to ride FoF first.

1. Is it rough or bumpy?

2. At what speed does it take off?

3. Can you see at all in it?

4. Seat recommendations?

5. Do you think it is good or bad?

I'll try to answer 

1) Yes....I found my last ride (this Sunday) uncomfortably bumpy 

2) It launches at about 54 mph 

3) Depends on if you open your eyes.....in all honesty, not really.

4) Can't recommend...not a ride, I must ride in a certain seat....more of a sit down and get it over.

5) I am not a fan of it...I used to be....the restraints are awkward for feet placement, the seat belts seem a bit silly since, they don't even cross the person and the ride is more shaky than it used to be.

It is one of the most awkward coasters in the park to get into. I once managed to get my ankles crossed and both feet under the same side of the little foot bolster. I was worried they were going to have to dismantle it to get me untangled, but with a hand from a ride op I was able to fix things.

I still like the restraints better than the old ones. I rode it once when it was new, and said "never again." (2. Partly because I didn't put my head against the rest for launch) 5. Now it has become one of my favorites, and is a must-ride when I'm at the park, usually more than once.

4. As for seat placement, my favorites are the front seat and front of the back car. I prefer the front of any car to the back of cars on it because otherwise (3.) I feel like the front headrest blocks off what little view you already have on the ride.

1. I find that early in the ride, after the launch, I have to make a concious effort to keep my back loose. If I tense up, sometimes I'll wrench my neck, etc. It's probably a result of my age and scoliosis, though.

• Like 3

Hey, Seafire! Welcome to KIC!

The double posting thing seems to happen from time to time. And sometimes it happens when creating a topic and then boom, you've got two topics. Don't sweat it, the mods here are good. The second topic will likely be taken care of and quietly disappear, no harm done.

Oh, one more thing, not trying to come off as rude so forgive me if I do. Your signature is bolded (which is fine) but it looks like you didn't correctly close your bold tag, and it's causing the rest of the posts to be bolded. It's an easy fix though - just edit your signature and replace the second

<b>

with

</b>

(those greater than and less than signs might actually be "[" and "]" respectively. If so, just add the slash in the same place)

Again, welcome to KIC! Hope to see you become a regular poster here!

• Like 4