Probably a dumb question but.... Still curiuos of opinions.

johnaalexis

Hi guys! This is probably a dumb question but I am visiting the park on Tuesday (May 24th) and I checked the weather as per usual and there are 60% chance of T-storms from 9-11am then after 11am it drops to about 20% and just cloudy. Well, anyway what I was wondering is IF it does storm for a bit there at the beginning of park opening is that going to affect the park opening??? I know the weather just kind of does what it wants, so I was just wondering if they had like a weather policy or something like that. Sorry if it a dumb question but you guys are the best source for Kings Island Info. (beside straight from KI) and I was just wondering, Thanks!! 

• Like 2

Not a dumb question. I'm sure someone on here has a clear answer; however...

I can only give a perspective, rather than an answer.  In Kings Island's 43.2 of my 46 years, I've never seen, nor heard of the park scrapping an entire operating day due to intermittent storms. That, of course, doesn't mean it's never happened, but from my perspective, I doubt it.

• Like 5

Shouldn't affect opening. Rain or shine. If the park is super empty and is scheduled to be open very late, park officials might make the announcement that the park is closing early, but that's about the only thing.

That's a low chance all things considered, and if it does storm for a bit, it'll only serve to clear the park out. See shows or relax in a restaurant until the storm passes. Just don't go for Flight of Fear. If you can imagine, that's the idea almost everyone will have.

• Like 6

Thanks! I was pretty sure that I wouldn't affect anything but I just made me a little nervous. We are traveling about 3 hours and I just didn't want it to be to much a waste. but we are going no matter what (unless they are closed haha)

As for the closing early - On the calendar on Tuesday they show being open 10am to 8pm! My friends and I decide on a Tuesday hoping it to be less packed (and that when everyone could go) but hopefully the rain will help with that some too!! and after 11am their is only a 20% chance of rain and then if just cloudy the rest of the day!

Thrill_Biscuit - Thanks for making me feel like I didn't have a dumb question!

goodyellowkorn182- Thanks for the tips! We will probably spend the first bit of time getting out season passes processed (first trip of the year!!)

• Like 4

You're welcome!

Pass processing seems to have been a fly-through this season!

Anyway, storms or no, always be safe!

When I hear thunder, I make my way into any indoor location until the storm blows over.  My fave is the Festhaus, because you can eat and watch a show. In Rivertown, it's Reds Hall of Fame Grille, because you can eat and watch a... well, this season, anyway, a baseball... match (not seeing anything that can be called a Reds 'game' this season :rolleyes: ). Have a great time Tuesday!

• Like 4

Yes! That is what I have heard about processing (I posted asking about it earlier this week) I am taking my vouchers and my ID and the card I used to pay to make sure everything goes butter smooth lol!

That our pretty much our plan after we get processed to just kind of hang out in the shops on International Street or Festhaus until is blows over. I'm just going to take a towel and a poncho to be safe!

• Like 2

KI has not opened due to weather during HH.

http://kingsislandinsider.blogspot.com/2009/10/advisory-park-not-open-thursday-for.html?m=1

Very unique, but it has happened.

And just to add to that there has been a few occurrences where it did close early....one example being opening weekend many years ago where it was nonstop freezing rain/snow, lol.

• Like 4

Again! Would like to say thanks for all the awesome and very helpful replies. I am a natural worrier, so thank for helping me put the worries to bed and get ready and totally pumped for my Tuesday trip!! As much as I love Kings Island and usually go several times a year, I unfortunately did not get to go last year at all, so I am ITCHING to ride Banshee!!!!! And KI Central is one of my favorite websites ever since I stumbled upon I love reading all the posts and joining the conversations and since finding I've recommended the sit to a few friends who also love it!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Regular old Rain and Storms shouldn't close the park. One day we had a particularly heavy and long bout of Rain. Something kept telling me to wait it out, so we did. After about 4 hours we were left with a nearly empty park. Had 5 hours to ride all we could stand. :)

• Like 5

Not a dumb question. I'm sure someone on here has a clear answer; however...

I can only give a perspective, rather than an answer. In Kings Island's 43.2 of my 46 years, I've never seen, nor heard of the park scrapping an entire operating day due to intermittent storms. That, of course, doesn't mean it's never happened, but from my perspective, I doubt it.

They scrapped a Sunday or Thursday (I can't remember) during Haunt in like 2006 or 2007, but that's the only time I can I think of.

Days when there are intermittent storms are some of the best to visit. Have fun!!

• Like 3

Cool! I'm going next Sunday (the 31st) and it's like a 50% chance of rain in the morning. I think if it does rain, it'll be a great chance to see some of the shops I've never been in before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3