TR: Conneaut Lake Park 5/31

PhantomTheater

Today as part of this Weekends DAFE event I went to CLP in Conneaut Lake, PA. The weather was the main story of the day as it caused the park not to open publicly today, however management was nice enough to open up the covered rides in the center of the park for 1 1/2 ERT session. The rides were Devil's Den, Dodgem and Carousel.

Devils Den - A Traditional gravity powered dark ride that does not disappoint, it is kept up with most effect working and themeing present.

Dodgems - Good news it was a nice long cycle, bad news was only five cars were operational.

Carousel - A menagerie carousel with a working band organ. It has it's origins from 1905 but many of the figurines have been replaced through out the years.

Other rides present but not operating due to weather, Trabant, Witches Stew, Tumble Bug, all of Kiddie Land and of course the Blue Streak (which was testing). I did not go to the front of the park so I cant tell you what rides were in that area.

There is also a little gift shop selling CLP souvenirs.

No more ride tickets, a wristband for $10 is your only option.

Feel Free to ask questions.

• Like 7

Good to hear that they have 5 Dodgem cars working.  That's two more than last year!

Last night we decided that we're going there again this year, for the 3rd year in a row.  With it being one of Mrs. Gator's two home parks as a child (the other being Idora Park) and its constantly in-jeopardy future, we don't want the year to go by only to find out later that it was finally its last season.

• Like 5