Woodstock Express

acfinn

I love this ride, mostly because of nostalgia, but also because it is fun. However, I find myself skipping it way more than I would like because I am constantly banging my knees into the front of the car. I know the cars are smaller because it is in the kids' area but I was wondering if anyone knows if any particular row is better.

I know that is a long shot question and one I could find out for myself by experimenting but I hate being in pain so much of the ride. I am not that tall at 5'10" either.

• Like 6

From what I can tell, all rows are the same in terms of leg room. Have you tried turning your legs to the side instead of straight forward? Some of the taller among us (e.g. malem) cannot fit at all without doing that. It seems to work for them. (Though I, at 5'6" with disproportionately short legs, can sit normally, so I can't speak from personal experience regarding turning the legs to the side.)

• Like 3

I can't remember which ones, but I've always felt like one of the two rows has a bit more leg room; could just be perception, we don't always ride this now that my son has hit 52" and my daughter has yet to reach 40".  I don't have to, but since I'm riding with my son I often turn my legs towards him to give even a bit more leg room.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I am going to try this out next time I am there. I guess it was an obvious way to be more comfortable but the last three times I've ridden it I had a passenger. The last time of which I didn't know them. 

• Like 1

Last time I was at Cedar Point and rode Cedar Creek Mine Ride, which has no leg room either, I was advised to cross my ankles and ride that way. It made for a much more comfortable ride. Not sure if that will work on Woodstock Express, but worth mentioning

• Like 8

I'm sure it's in my mind, but row 1, car 1, seems to be a tiny bit more spacious than the rest of the train to me, even though I'm sure it actually isn't! ! ! :P

I'd definitely recommend turning your legs to the side slightly though, as recommended above, as long as you don't have anyone sitting next to you, or anyone of the larger size.

I ride Woodstock Express on almost every visit I make to the park and I suppose I'm just used to the knee banging! :mellow::D

• Like 4

I ride this about 10 times per visit with my 5yo. I think the last car is the most pleasant experience for taller riders (I am 5'9). I always sit on the inside with my legs turned to the outside of the car. I also kind of push on the metal bar and find that I can control it well enough like that and have very little knee damage. When I rode it for the first time last year, I didn't know and my knees were bruised for weeks.

We rode last week in the rain and the ride was smooth as butter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm also 5'10 and my daughter doesn't like me hogging all the leg room by sitting sideways so she usually sits in the seat in front of me and I sit by myself and cross my ankles and tuck my feet back a bit and it helps considerably with the knee banging.

• Like 2

The ride really seems to talk to me as it takes me back to a great time at Disney World as a kid riding the Big Thunder Mountain ride.  There seems to be an extraordinary amount of similarities and I'm instantly taken back to a simpler timer of a great childhood.  

Indeed, quite the ride. Hey, looks like you're going to have to enter Woodstock Express into your signature!