Coaster clubs

acfinn

Now that I am becoming more and more of an enthusiast I have been thinking about joining one of the coaster clubs out there. I wondered what people on this forum think about the different ones and which you would recommend. Why should I pick one over another? Any suggestions are appreciated. If this is in the wrong place if a mod would move it to the appropriate board that would be great. Thanks everyone!!!

• Like 1

I really just want to get a chance to know others who go to the park(s) frequently, maybe to go on some road trips with, etc. Especially since my wife is out of town until July 6th taking care of her grandmother in Washington.

I also have a strong desire to make trips to other parks which she would definitely not be interested in since she doesn't like rides. 

Not everyone is perfect I remember seeing the Coaster Crew wasn't listed as one of the clubs that could attend Coastermania. I don't know if that has been chance since reading it but someone obviously ticked off another at CP.

Find your desired locations and how much you want to spend. There are many clubs out there, Club TPR, GOCC, CC, ACE, Coaster Enthusiasts of Great Britain, etc. Just find where you want to spend your money, saving or for events. Most of the larger sites like KIC, TPR, etc have a club so look around for the best bargain.

I am a member of ACE , and KI always does special benefits to ACE members on National Roller Coaster Day ERT on The Beast, and exclusive ERT at night on The Beast and walk backs on The Beast, Diamondback, and Banshee and last day of the season , last ride on The Beast is fun.

• Like 2

I am a member of ACE , and KI always does special benefits to ACE members on National Roller Coaster Day ERT on The Beast, and exclusive ERT at night on The Beast and walk backs on The Beast, Diamondback, and Banshee and last day of the season , last ride on The Beast is fun.

ACE here too.

• Like 2

I'm a member of Coaster Crew so I could attend their Banshee Bash last summer, and Coasterstock this year (which also allowed many other clubs).

I haven't really found joining a coaster club and/or attending enthusiast events to be nearly as effective a way of meeting others as just posting here, getting to know people, and getting introduced by those people to other people. Also by just striking up conversation with random people at the park (I have made a few friends that way). When I went to Banshee Bash last year, the only person who actually talked to me was Tim Holloran. I had gone to the park many many times by myself prior to that event, but never actually felt alone until I was at lunch in Picnic Grove and didn't have anyone to sit with. Middle school all over again!

Last year I only met a handful of people from KIC over the season, but the couple opening weeks this year, I started getting introduced to tons of people. It's been really fun.

You can kind of get a feel for the different coaster clubs by checking out their Facebook pages. I'm not a member of GOCC, but I've been following their page since before I even got a pass to Kings Island last year.

• Like 4

I am a member of GOCC. Joined because I know several people in GOCC, the price is right ($25 for an annual couples membership), and I have heard good things about them. Haven't gotten to meet anyone new in GOCC yet and likely won't til next year as we won't be attending any more coaster events this season (unless at Kings Island) as we have more important things to spend money on now.

Baby Crawford coming 2016!

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

I just saw on Facebook that Great Ohio Coaster Club will unfortunately no longer be holding their holiday party at Kings Island this year. I was really looking forward to being able to attend my first event of that type. Of course, there's still a chance I'll be able to go, but it's certainly not as high as when I knew it'd be just a short 40 minute drive. I wonder what caused the change? :(

• Like 1

I just saw on Facebook that Great Ohio Coaster Club will unfortunately no longer be holding their holiday party at Kings Island this year. I was really looking forward to being able to attend my first event of that type. Of course, there's still a chance I'll be able to go, but it's certainly not as high as when I knew it'd be just a short 40 minute drive. I wonder what caused the change? :(

Where was this posted? I just looked at the GOCC Facebook page and their discussion group and didn't see anything about it.

It was still on as of CoasterMania, according to Jason Hammond, so it's apparently a recent development. Staff availability at KI (with scheduled holiday vacation time) has been the issue with doing it at KI in previous years.

The date of the KIC holiday gathering might be affected, depending on where GOCC ends up going instead. (Many who go to that, myself included, would have also attended a GOCC holiday party at KI.)

• Like 3