2014 TEA/AECOM attendance report

Other interesting notes, IOA estimates show no change from 2013 to 2014 while Universal with Diagon Alley saw a large growth.

Magic Kingdom will eventually break 20 Million guests and the other 3 main Disney parks continue to feed off of the driving force that is the Magic Kingdom.

Always an interesting report to read and get up to speed on trends in the industry.

• Like 3

I realize that the annual TEA/AECOM attendance report is far from "official", but I still really enjoy reading it every year. (And, in the lack of other industry metrics, for good or bad--it's become the source most often quoted...)

However, comps to previous years do need to be taken into context...for instance, let's say that USF happens to drop 5% in next year's report from 2014 to 2015...that's still UP 12% from 2013. Sometimes in business metrics the worst thing for management is to have to compete with exceptionally good comps from the previous year.

Does anyone know what the maximum daily attendance for KI is (when they close the gates and won't allow anyone else in)?  I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 40-50K? With 120 operating days (roughly) that would put KI's MAXIMUM annual attendance in the neighborhood of 5.4M or so, which means they're currently hitting around 60% of absolute maximum. While I know that wouldn't be stellar occupancy in the hotel business, I wonder how that metric would be "interpreted" in the theme park industry? (And, I'm assuming Terp can provide some color here ;) )  

• Like 2

Does anyone know what the maximum daily attendance for KI is (when they close the gates and won't allow anyone else in)?  I'm guessing in the neighborhood of 40-50K? With 120 operating days (roughly) that would put KI's MAXIMUM annual attendance in the neighborhood of 5.4M or so, which means they're currently hitting around 60% of absolute maximum.

Of course, especially considering local passholders, not all of one day's guests are in the park at the same time.

• Like 3

Funny thought, my home park(Wet n' Wild Emerald Pointe in Greensboro, NC) made the top 20 North American waterpark with 398,000 in attendance.

I normally refer to Carowinds as my home park.....

Carowinds is 80 miles from me.

Emerald Pointe is 26 miles.

I worked at both, but haven't been to Emerald Pointe in years. The absence of Thunder Road will change that.

No Thunder Road, No Carowinds Season Passes

My family can't afford Carowinds Season Passes and a vacation, and the decision always is in favor of Carowinds. Our last vacation(trip to other parks) was 2011 and it was Dollywood. I have been itching for two seasons now to go to another park.

Family Kingdom, Six Flags Over Georgia, Dollywood and Kings Dominion are all options. Plus we can afford a day trip to Emerald Pointe again.

• Like 3

Funny thought, my home park(Wet n' Wild Emerald Pointe in Greensboro, NC) made the top 20 North American waterpark with 398,000 in attendance.

I normally refer to Carowinds as my home park.....

Carowinds is 80 miles from me.

Emerald Pointe is 26 miles.

I worked at both, but haven't been to Emerald Pointe in years. The absence of Thunder Road will change that.

No Thunder Road, No Carowinds Season Passes

My family can't afford Carowinds Season Passes and a vacation, and the decision always is in favor of Carowinds. Our last vacation(trip to other parks) was 2011 and it was Dollywood. I have been itching for two seasons now to go to another park.

Family Kingdom, Six Flags Over Georgia, Dollywood and Kings Dominion are all options. Plus we can afford a day trip to Emerald Pointe again.

LOL

ethancoaster:

First, one word responses are strictly forbidden in the Terms of Service, with some limited exceptions...none of which apply here. The same is true of cell phone shorthand.

Second, what's so funny? Thunder Road's removal? Limited finances and having to make choices?

Do tell us. This is WHY one word responses are not generally allowed here. They typically do not help and can confuse.

• Like 3

I dare guess the notion that I use Carowinds removing Thunder Road is laughable to him. Being 280 pounds sadly I don't fit in the four B&Ms anymore nor do I fit on Aerial Chase(that is good thing, my daughter loves it.) I rode Fury once but haven't been able ride since.

It really stinks being obese. Losing weigh ain't easy, but I am down from 295. A lot of setbacks throughout 2015.

• Like 1