The Beer Fest

Miythandria

I, personally, am hoping for a contained event.  When Kings Island permitted people to carry their drinks all over the park, it seemed there were often "incidents" with those who would not limit their drinking.  I feel like Kings Island is now a more family-friendly place.  And, hey, maybe it's just the fact that I can well remember the day of the Flight Commander death.....

I, too, contacted the park with my question.  Guest services didn't have a clue and told me to call back tomorrow.  :)

Reds Hall of Fame Grill...

Anyone know if they still have draft specials during the games like they did last year?  They would always put out a chalkboard sign with time and special price.  Only time I would purchase a brew at the park as prices are to high for me.

Yea I tend to just take the beer in line with me. There are trash cans in most of the lines and if not I carry it with me til I find one. That is a dumb rule in my opinion. Would you rather the guest chug their beer before getting in line, thus achieving a much higher BAC?

I can understand the smoking. Drinking a beer? I do not understand the disrespect there at all. It does not matter where the alcohol is consumed the effects are the same, and if the sight of a beer offends parents they must be extremely limited in where they can take their children....but alas I seem to be in the minority in this thinking so I will let it die.

• Like 2

I was unaware it was even against the rules to carry alcohol into queues. The major difference in alcohol rules/sales I remember* from pre/post the Flight Commander death is that there used to be stands all over where you could buy beer but afterward they limited sales to a few locations like the Festhaus.

*my memory is poor enough it should never be taken as gospel

• Like 2

RHoF offers disappointment. As the rest of the park. The "craft" park brews are a joke and flavorless. Then bud light on tap. The only semi decent beer tapped it Stella. The most popular thing is the Bud Light Rita deals.

Sadly I wish some of the breweries at the tasting event had a presence in the park. Then maybe they'd have a real IPA in the park and not that excuse they call Diamondback Ale.

Sadly if I want a beer I'll find Yuengling. At least they do make a beer and it sticks to its name.

To think I spent $9 on a beer that was fake too

When they have Moerlein IPA at the beer garden i am typically content.  If that isn't there you are right...not much i could really call craft.  BUT i applaud the effort and with this beer tasting tomorrow maybe we will start to see MadTree or one of the other local breweries featured on a tap or two throughout the park. 

• Like 1

Indeed, Rivertown and Madtree will be there. However, seeing Shock Top (not craft beer) and Kona (same deal) somewhat irks me. There's a few others, but they are borderline, Shock Top though is not even close to craft beer anymore.

I have yet to try Triple Digit ever, by the looks and sounds of things I see on their website and Beer Advocate, it sounds great. Someone will have to give it a try and give me their thoughts.

However I'll sit back and enjoy real craft brews that are marginally better for much cheaper ticket prices. Clown Shoes Ohio Unidragon. Very very tasty.

Where is this taking place?

Just asking out of curiosity.  I really, really can't partake in this (hot day at an amusement park+alcohol+medical condition=a trip to the hospital for me).  It'd be nice to know so I can plan around it.  

^ Here's a picture of event preparations that the park posted earlier today. It looks like it's on the former Snoopy Starlight Spectacular path (Backwoods Bayou during Haunt)

They do have a $20 non-alcohol ticket, in case you'd want to get in without paying for the alcohol. (mentioned on the previous page of this thread)

CHOxdhnWQAAFcbn.jpg

Photo: Kings Island via Twitter: https://twitter.com/KingsIslandPR/status/609025495523577858

• Like 4

Said "designated driver" ticket includes The Coca-Cola Company products in lieu of alcoholic beverages (as noted on the order system).  If that is where they are setting up for Banshee Brew Festival, I wonder if they'll be using canned/bottled sodas rather than the fountain variety.  The former would make the event more interesting to me, a non-drinker.

Whether or not the DD ticket includes a souvenir mug is unknown to me.

The fun of this event without drinking would be consuming what's bound to be some good food while taking in the atmosphere (and supposedly entertainment).  Perhaps, as the ticket is named after designated drivers, part of the fun would be to join your friends who do choose to consume.  It's more like going to a bar and asking for a Coca-Cola, since you will be able to ask for Coca-Cola.  :P

• Like 4