The Beer Fest

Miythandria

Either way, there is no way I'm coming close to the park that night. Hot sun and beer make people act stupid. I bet the Mason PD will be camped out on Kings Island Dr though, so beware to any dumb enough to drink and drive.

It’s a beer tasting event!  Breweries provide small samples of their finest brew.  Probably about the size of the water cups in the park.  Attendees have a maximum number of samples they can consume per event ticket. Nothing to worry about, responsible adults will handle this just fine.  I’m sure security will take care of the 1 or 2 idiots.

• Like 3

I am going to check it out.  Its 15 sample tickets and each sample is about 3-4 oz.    I usually only use a fraction of my drink tickets when i go to these things.  I think its nice to see the park is doing this and the breweries seem to be mostly Ohio based.  Typically the craft beer crowd isn't as roudy as the bud light crowd. 

• Like 2

I've been to plenty of craft brew fairs, and those 'tickets' have been a formality at EVERY SINGLE one only to get past certain laws and regulations of the State I believe.  At most of these fests, I have not even had a ticket taken [if it is an all inclusive event].  If you have to purchase tickets for full sized glasses, then they are taken because you are getting a full offering.

Again though, I am sure Kings Island will handle this one responsibly...but regardless of that, folks go to these events with one thing in mind:  drink as much as humanly allowed to get your money's worth...myself included.

One would often find me camped outside a Dragon's Milk booth or Columbus Brewing Company's tent if they have Bodhi IPA on tap.

I also second that the crowd will not be rowdy...but most are professional, functioning drunks...I mean, cool brahs.

Also, don't get in the way of the dudes with tons of hard pretzels around their neckbeards...they are the more serious of the bunch.

My friends and I are going on Friday.  We regularly attend the Cincinnati Beerfest at the Convention Center downtown each February.  Like Beerman_IPA said, the people who normally attend these events are not the rowdy Bud Light crowd (I love the way you put that).  For the February Beerfest we always have a DD set up, and for this one Mrs. Gator will be coming to the park to take us home.  My group is responsible adults, and hopefully others will be too.

I wonder if KI will have cabs readily available for people.  They're easy to catch near the convention center (and the Cincinnati Beerfest has a deal with Uber too) but taxis are much rarer in Mason.

I don't have a neck beard, but I do wear the hard pretzel necklace!

• Like 2

I only get down to the Island every other year being from Columbus and altering between the Point and KI every other year...where does one find good beers there in general. I know the bar by Hanks usually has decent offerings that is not schwag Inbev crap. Any other spots?

RHoF offers disappointment. As the rest of the park. The "craft" park brews are a joke and flavorless. Then bud light on tap. The only semi decent beer tapped it Stella. The most popular thing is the Bud Light Rita deals.

Sadly I wish some of the breweries at the tasting event had a presence in the park. Then maybe they'd have a real IPA in the park and not that excuse they call Diamondback Ale.

Sadly if I want a beer I'll find Yuengling. At least they do make a beer and it sticks to its name.

To think I spent $9 on a beer that was fake too

Three years ago I thought they had multiple taps of semi-decent beers over at Gump's?  Last year I don't recall that bar even being open...but it was May on a weekday.

On Education Days, and I think on other days when school is still in session, the park typically does not offer any alcohol sales until 5pm due to the large number of students in the park. Most of the school groups leave around 5pm.

• Like 3

I wish I could go to this :( I love me some local craft beer.

I wish I could, too, but can't. I don't drink beer in quantity, but like a good beer. I have Anchor Hocking 5 oz. measuring glasses for my snobby beer. It's just enough to enjoy it.

But I do love! Hudepohl. I don't know if it's because I associate it with baseball or what, but when summer hits, I want a Hudy.

• Like 2

Thank you Kings Island for offering a 20$ designated driver ticket for the Banshee Beer Fest!!!!  I know its wrong to assume, but, I assume that ticket includes the food.  If anyone knows the details, please let us know.

Good!  That wasn't originally offered, so I'm glad they're doing it now.  The Cincinnati Beerfest at the Cincinnati Convention Center has them, so I assumed this was standard practice among the beer festival circuit and was wondering why KI didn't have them available.  Kudos to the park for adding this option!

• Like 5