Gold Pass Parking

Fisher

Is parking included on all Gold Passes, or only on passes of people who are old enough to drive?

If i send my child with another family, who does not have gold passes, will my child's Gold Pass cover their parking?

• Like 3

My kid likes to give me her gold pass when we arrive to get in the parking lot all the time, they just scan hers and say have a nice day. We both have gold but like Vortex said doesnt matter whos card is scaned as long as they are in car.

• Like 2

We have 6 platinums with 2 of them being Jr's and they enjoy playing the "who's going to pay for parking" game every time we go. Only once at Carowinds did the attendant actually check to see if the child was in the car.

• Like 2

In the early Paramount days, a parking decal was issued along with the Gold Pass. Ā It had to be affixed to ONE car, which would be the only car allowed free parking privileges. Ā Much like charging for Haunt (if a Gold/Plat passholder), that policy didn't last very long.

• Like 1

^By the time I started in Admissions in 1995, you had the choice of getting either the parking decal that had to be affixed to one car, or a parking affixed toĀ a season pass (and that person had to be in the car).Ā  Individual parking passes were $29.99 (decal or on pass), additional parking pass was $11.99Ā IIRC,Ā and family parking was $49.99 (on each family member's pass, no decals available for that). Those prices stayed the same for years and I sold so many of them that those $29.99 & $49.99 prices are permanently etched in my brain.

• Like 2

In the early Paramount days, a parking decal was issued along with the Gold Pass. It had to be affixed to ONE car, which would be the only car allowed free parking privileges. Much like charging for Haunt (if a Gold/Plat passholder), that policy didn't last very long.

Cedar Fair (or at least Cedar Point) tried to switch to parking decals. It didn't go over well so they ditched that in favor of putting it on the pass in the system. I despise window stickers (bad enough I had two for high school). The pass works well enough, just a quick scan (or wave) and I'm on my way.

• Like 1

Great Adventure tried to go to decals applied to the outside front of the driver side side mirror. This was about 2005. That lasted about 2 weeks.

In many states, it is unlawful to have any decal on your windshield or front side windows unless it is required by law. I actually got pulled over in Tennessee for too many front decals--until the officer realized one is my DC tag expiration date, the other the DC inspection sticker--both required by law. The officer had never seen a car from DC before!

• Like 8