FUN TV POVs

Nick_Plummer

So I was at Kings Island yesterday and while I was in line for Drop Tower, I saw that they had new POVs for Diamondback and Firehawk. I have never seen this online anywhere and I was really glad to see an updated Diamondback POV. Does anyone know if they released the POVs anywhere online or if they're only available on the FUN TV's at Kings Island. Thanks!

• Like 5

That is actually really awesome, they should also consider putting a POV video of The Beast when your waiting in line.

But does that not defeat the purpose, at least a little bit?

It's like going to the theater to see The Avengers, and the first trailer before the film is for The Avengers. Why see the highlights of the attraction you're about to experience? Especially The Beast, with its famously concealed layout that's still a surprise to most folks who ride.

Personally, I'd rather not watch POVs while I'm standing in line, even if the POV is for a different ride. That's just me.

• Like 8

I enjoy watching POVs when I can't go to the park but it's a little hard to enjoy when most of the HD ones are really shaky. The mounted POV I saw in the queue looked really nice. It didn't have a visually appealing mounted POV before this. This is the only train mounted POV of Diamondback available online unless someone can find the one that has been used on the FUN TV's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wlhfCYqObc. I don't understand why it was such low quality as well as having no sound for a bigger theme park in 2009. Now here's a POV from Millennium Force in 2009: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXPhOFRxTc. It is available in HD and has sound. Why one of the best coasters of 2009's Official POV is such low quality is very surprising to me. I have been waiting for a new high quality POV of some rides at Kings Island for a while and I really don't know why they don't put the ones on the FUN TVs on Kings Island's official YouTube page. Any rides shown from other parks on the FUN TV's I have seen on YouTube via their park's official YouTube channel. Cedar Point has POVs of almost every ride in the park including some flat rides. I believe that in the past 10 or more years, 3 official POVs have been released, those being Diamondback, Banshee, and The Beast. I'm hoping that the park does release the new POVs somewhere where the public can view them other than in line watching one of the FUN TV's.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, most of the major attractions have POVs on FUN TV, including The Beast. There was also a POV for Fury 325 when I last visited. Has anyone else seen another ride from a different park as well?

Yep, I've seen Gatekeeper while at Carowinds (at which they only seem to play POV's of Carolina Cyclone).

Funny you mention it, I did see the daytime POV for The Beast on FUNTV while I was waiting for my nighttime ride on The Beast.

Edit: as for rides from other parks, one visit I saw the Carolina Cobra multiple times. I feel like I've seen Millenium Force as well.

Yea, they do have one for Millennium Force. I saw it last week while in line for Millennium Force.

So far on Fun TV I've seen: The Beast, Banshee, Millennium Force, Gatekeeper (saw it in line for Gatekeeper! lol), Intimidator 305, Rebel Yell, Fury 325, Carolina Cobra, Xcelerator, Mamba, Steel Force and Gold Striker. I think I see Banshee the most frequently. 

• Like 3

Funny story about the FUN TV POVs. I was in line for Millenium Force at CP in front of a group of teenagers. A POV of The Beast came on the screen and the group talked about how they had to ride it next. I later saw them walking off and arguing which direction The Beast was in!

• Like 8

While at Carowinds having lunch in Harmony Hall, the large TV screen said something like "connecting to Kings Island" and brought up the POV of The Beast.  I was watching how many people we paying attention to the video.  There were several people pointing at the screen, smiling and commenting.  I saw more than 1 person say "that is a long ride". I take for granted for having the greatest wooden coaster in our backyard.  It truly is a legendary coaster.

• Like 5

Well, the park doesn't have much of an option. The best they can do is around 8AM. Which is a time they're doing checks on rides, ensuring everything operates. 

Not having leaves on the trees is a function of the time of year, not the time of day.

• Like 3