Exciting News - 5/26/15

johnaalexis

** I meant to post this the day after I got back, but things happened and I went camping, sorry!"**

What great day to have picked to go to Kings Island! We went Tuesday May 26th of 2015. My boyfriend, our two friends, and I were a little nervous as it should a higher chance of rain that day and the days leading up to the trip the hourly reports were all over the place. We made it safely after a nearly three hour drive and our season pass processing was a breeze! It pretty much scan, scan, picture, and sign! It was great! Upon entering the park my boyfriend promptly decided to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower, it something he likes to do on ever trip. After being at the and making our way around check out the 360 view, I turned around to ask my boyfriend what we should do next and the it happened.

He was standing there a little red velvet box in hand and out two best friends camera phones in hand. Before I knew it he was down on one knee asking me to marry him. Yes, I said yes! So, I got engaged at Kings Island and it couldn't have been better.

After hug, kisses, and pictures, we happily skipped to The Beast, our tradition of our to ride if first on every visit! We had no wait! We walked right on to the second and third seat of the Beast and it was a great run! (As Always!!) We followed The Beast with Diamondback, Vortex, Firehawk, and Flight of Fear. We did all five coasters in the first hour of the park being open. 

Then we conquered the Racer and Adventure Express! After these two favorites we decided to grab some fries at Feasthaus, it was not quite lunch time but we were feeling snacky! After fries, we crushed thought Action Zone, riding Delirium twice without getting off! Drop Zone was closed for they day so we didn't get to ride that (Which was fine I'm not a fan).

My high point of the day (besides the engagement) was after buying our locker to put our bags on we entered the wait line for Banshee and we walked the line, and then we WALKED ON THE FRONT CAR! No wait for the very front seat of Banshee. It was AMAZING!!!! This was actually my first time riding Banshee, as I didn't make it to the park. It was so smooth and fast and the inversions were really great!!! The mid line roll really took me by surprise!

After riding Banshee a few more times in various spots as we had our pick of the litter :) we decided to eat at the Reds Hall of Fame Grill.

For a sit down restaurant inside of a park, I personally think that RHoFG is very well priced! My boyfriend and I shared the appetizer combo and both got water to drink, our bill was about $14. That is about what we would pay out our local sit down restaurants (when we share food like this.). It is quickly becoming one of our favorite places to eat in the park. While we were eating the first rain shower hit, and lasted only from about the time we go our drink to the point which she brought our checks. After lunch we continued to get Snoopy Ice Cream and ride the train, another tradition.

After the train, We did another run on The Beast and then Diamondback and after Diamond back we decided to hit Backlot Stunt Coaster and while on BSC we saw the darkness. These big dark -almost black- clouds came rolling in, we high tailed back towards diamond back, because I left our refill cup at the gift shop register. We hopped up on the empty counter space and took a seat to decide if we wanted to leave or not, and in the middle of this discussion the rain came. Heavy, heavy rain with big fat drop, and at one point, it did that thing where its so thick an heavy it looks white. So that cemented us staying for the time being. We sat there about 45 minutes and the rain stop, the black clouds had moved on, the sun didn't come out but the could we a much less mincing shade of grey.

After the rain storm and the boys digging in to their share of a turkey leg, we went back to Diamondback and then Firehawk, and on Firehawk as we were all on our back pulling out of the station with no turning back, it started to rain again. This time small drops and just raining enough that you know it. It was an annoying and a funny experience. So after getting off the ride we hung out in what use to be the Flight of Fear photo station. Flight of Fear was shut down, and they were very vague as to what was wrong but that was no big deal. After another shower lasting about 15 minutes, we took of into the sprinkling mist and just walked around and by this point it was about 6:30 and we decided to take off towards Feasthaus to get some La Rosas before we left. Feasthaus, was closed though there was a park person out front the doors apologizing to people say they had to close early. So we just took off the International Street La Rosa. This was the longest line we had to wait in all day. It took about 20 minutes to wait in line and get our whole pizza and breadsticks, since they made our pizza fresh for us. It had stopped raining so we wiped down a picnic table and enjoyed our pizza!

This was the end of our day, and we only left the park about five minutes before actual closing time.

It was a great day, and one that I will never forget! I really enjoyed not waiting very long for rides and being able to just take it very slow and go at an easy and relaxed pace. I was ecstatic to be in the park but it was nice to just be able to slow down and take it all in!

Another great day at Kings Island, and a memorable addition to my Trip books :)               

• Like 16