Sasquatch/Bigfoot/Yeti

BB1

Recently I have been re sorting through some of my old documents to find a few concerning Bigfoot sightings and where they have been clustered towards. Bigfoot is one of those things that people have been going on about for centuries dating as far back as to the Native Americans and the peoples of Nepal. What are your theories about this mythical creature? Is it real or not?

On a side note, this is my monthly operating season poll series ladies and gents.

• Like 1

I believe this thing exists, or at least did exist at one time.  If you look at how many places around the world have a legend about the same type of creature, it just sort of makes sense.  Whatever this thing is, or was, it wasn't just a regional creature, it lived in all parts of the world.

I also think it's sort of arrogant of us to think we know what does or does not exist.  There are so many places on this Earth that haven't been discovered yet, so many remote jungles and such.  Who's to know what's living and what's not?

I like to believe that this thing is still out there and that we will find it one day.  That is pretty exciting to me!

• Like 2

There was a Sasquatch sighting near the moving piles of dirt in the clearing behind SoB.......

Then someone would just start another thread when their aunt's uncle's cousin's wife's brother's cousin-twice-removed's dog says it saw SoB testing.

SoB testing? Yeah. Right. I'll believe it when I see it.

Now what I do believe: ScreamScape has reported that the land clearing is from a local sasquatch family setting up chairs in anticipation of witnessing work on SoB.

• Like 1

If this thing did exist either recently or ever there would be some sort of primary source of evidence in the form of a body or remains.

Like dragons and Nessie, this creature is based on historical yore

I believe that some of the myths and folklore we have are based on some thread of truth.  Take for example the legend of dragons.  Why do so many cultures have stories about a giant lizard-like animal?  I've always believed that the dragon was actually a dinosaur.  Now, many people would exclaim, "No, that can't be! Dinosaurs and man are separated by 65 million years of evolution."  Do we know that for sure?

Let's look at some ancient carvings:

Ica_Stone2.jpg

and this one:

steg3.jpg

Keep in mind that these carvings were found in places like Cambodia and Peru and would have been created hundreds, maybe even thousands of years before the first known set of dinosaur bones were dug up and discovered.

How about this cave drawing:

Kachine-Bridge-Petroglypy-enhanced.jpg

If nothing else, these are very interesting to think about.

One last thing that I've always found interesting, that's the Chinese Calendar.  Let's take a look at it:

qq1sgChineseCalendar.jpg

Look at all the animals around this calendar.  Which ones are listed? Dog, Boar, Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, and Rooster.  All these are real animals that are existing and have existed with man.  But oh wait, there is one more animal on this calendar: The Dragon.  Now why would the dragon be on this calendar with a list of 11 other real-life animals? Why weren't there any other "mythical" animals on this calendar besides the dragon? It's almost as if the dragon was considered a real animal.  Perhaps it was an animal that these people had seen before and they had no problem including it on this calendar along side the other animals.

Stuff like this fascinates me.  I wonder about these so called "mythical" creatures that we talk about.  Were dragons just dinosaurs? Is Nessy a Plesiosaur? Did/does Sasquatch exist? These are all questions I have and I enjoy studying these things.  I'm not here to try to convince people of anything.  I'm just showing some things that I've found over the years that I thought were pretty interesting!

• Like 3

http://paleo.cc/ce/dino-art.htm

That's an interesting article that actually includes most of the pictures you used.

The idea of dragons, for example, arose out of trying to come up with a rational reason for dinosaur skulls. Similar to the Arthurian legends that grew from just a king to magic, swords in stones, ladies of the lakes, etc.

• Like 1

There are native people who live in jungles who claim that there are some types of dinosaurs possibly still living.  For example, deep in the Congo Jungle, there are tribes of people who claim that a Sauropod dinosaur is still living.  They call it "Mokele-mbembe."  Many people who live in this area have claimed to see this animal.  Here is a short video about it:

Stuff like this fascinates me.  There are so many places on this Earth that haven't been explored, it's fun to think of what all could be existing deep in some of these remote jungles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...