Platinum Season Pass Question

CoasterDirected

Quick Questions:

1. I have a Kings Island Gold 2015 Season Pass, how much is it to upgrade to Platinum now/in a few days? 

2. I am going to Cedar Point for 3 days in park/2 nights with my dad for my birthday (staying in Breakers, Breakers Express, or Sandcastle Suites) Would the discounted 3 day tickets be more or less than upgrading to Platinum? The only other time I'd use it would be Possibly Michigan's Adventure when my family goes to Michigan for vacation. 

1. The upgrade cost would be the difference between what you originally paid for the Gold Pass and $204.00, which is the current price of a Platinum Pass. Additionally, if you have the All-Season Dining Plan on your Gold Pass, you MIGHT need to also pay the difference between what you originally paid for the dining plan and $129.00, which is the current price of a Platinum dining plan.

2. Given that your Platinum Pass would include discounts at the on-site resorts, plus food and merchandise discounts in the park, I would assume it would be well worth it (which I say without looking up the price of three-day tickets).

OK then, assuming that the Gold Pass was purchased/renewed during the fall sale (price: $90.00), then the cost to upgrade would be $114. If he doesn't upgrade, he's looking at a three-day ticket for $87, lost discounts on the resort room (blindly estimated value: $30), lost food/merchandise discounts (estimated value: $10 to $15 depending on meal costs and whether t-shirts or other souvenirs are purchased), and so forth, and I'd go with the upgrade. (And I'm assuming here that parking is included with your resort room; IIRC, some Breakers Express deals do not include parking, so if you go that route without a Platinum Pass, you may need to add another $15 per day.)

OK then, assuming that the Gold Pass was purchased/renewed during the fall sale (price: $90.00), then the cost to upgrade would be $114. If he doesn't upgrade, he's looking at a three-day ticket for $87, lost discounts on the resort room (blindly estimated value: $30), lost food/merchandise discounts (estimated value: $10 to $15 depending on meal costs and whether t-shirts or other souvenirs are purchased), and so forth, and I'd go with the upgrade. (And I'm assuming here that parking is included with your resort room; IIRC, some Breakers Express deals do not include parking, so if you go that route without a Platinum Pass, you may need to add another $15 per day.)

Yeah, I got it in September, so now getting Platinum is really tempting.

• Like 1